Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diamond Hogs will have at least 10 games broadcast nationally

Started by WizardofhOgZ, January 29, 2018, 04:18:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFansReunited

For those of you that don't know yet, the "Arkansas Razorback Gameday" application is great for listening to games. I highly recommend it.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

dotnet

Quote from: HogFansReunited on January 29, 2018, 05:23:31 pm
For those of you that don't know yet, the "Arkansas Razorback Gameday" application is great for listening to games. I highly recommend it.

And every home OOC and all conference games are on the watch ESPN app.

RockyMtnHog

Yea it said on Traditional TV.  Traditional TV for us old timers is NBC, CBS, ABC and Fox.  For years those were the only channels on TV.  I receive all of the channels that they call Traditional TV.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

arthurhawgerelli

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on January 29, 2018, 10:50:36 pm
Yea it said on Traditional TV.  Traditional TV for us old timers is NBC, CBS, ABC and Fox.  For years those were the only channels on TV.  I receive all of the channels that they call Traditional TV.

One of the reasons I bought Apple TV (old timer who lives out in the country here) was to be able to get the Hog games on the Watch ESPN App.  Just about all of the games will be on there.  I'll be at about all of the home games, but those road games are hard to travel to. 

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: arthurhawgerelli on January 30, 2018, 08:45:05 am
One of the reasons I bought Apple TV (old timer who lives out in the country here) was to be able to get the Hog games on the Watch ESPN App.  Just about all of the games will be on there.  I'll be at about all of the home games, but those road games are hard to travel to. 
A couple years ago I bought an Amazon firestick for the sole purpose of watching Hog Baseball games.  Worth every penny.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on January 30, 2018, 11:37:17 am
A couple years ago I bought an Amazon firestick for the sole purpose of watching Hog Baseball games.  Worth every penny.

Same reason I got my Roku, and I agree on the value provided.

ucahogfan

In addition to the 10 games on national TV as well as every home game and every SEC game at least being stream on-line, 5 more away games will be televised on CST.  The 4 games in California and the Wednesday game in Charlotte.

coxsportstv.com/featured-teams/lsu-tigers/cox-sports-television-softball-baseball-schedule-begins-feb-10/

That leaves the three games that will played in minor league parks as the only three not scheduled for some sort of TV or on-line video streaming:

Charlotte at the AAA ballpark on March 20
Memphis at Autozone on March 27
Grambling State at Dickey Stephens on April 10

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: ucahogfan on February 02, 2018, 08:02:59 pm
In addition to the 10 games on national TV as well as every home game and every SEC game at least being stream on-line, 5 more away games will be televised on CST.  The 4 games in California and the Wednesday game in Charlotte.

coxsportstv.com/featured-teams/lsu-tigers/cox-sports-television-softball-baseball-schedule-begins-feb-10/

That leaves the three games that will played in minor league parks as the only three not scheduled for some sort of TV or on-line video streaming:

Charlotte at the AAA ballpark on March 20
Memphis at Autozone on March 27
Grambling State at Dickey Stephens on April 10

Having those games on Cox is better than nothing . . . but that's about all you can say.  It's good for some folks in NWA, but most of the state is left out, as are Arkansas fans elsewhere around the Southeast and Southwest.  There are a handful of pockets where that provider is even available (Baton Rouge, for example).

And there is no streaming; well, perhaps (I don't know) if you use their cable service, they might provide one.  But that doesn't expand their footprint any - none of the rest of us can see those games.

ricepig

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on February 05, 2018, 04:28:06 pm
Having those games on Cox is better than nothing . . . but that's about all you can say.  It's good for some folks in NWA, but most of the state is left out, as are Arkansas fans elsewhere around the Southeast and Southwest.  There are a handful of pockets where that provider is even available (Baton Rouge, for example).

And there is no streaming; well, perhaps (I don't know) if you use their cable service, they might provide one.  But that doesn't expand their footprint any - none of the rest of us can see those games.

Anyone that has Suddenlink also gets CSTV, so that's good. There may be some other cable systems that get it, it's a nice channel for some Hog programming at times, the rest of the time it coonass sports....

HogFansReunited

Damn, I don't have access to Cox Sports. Guess I'll have to listen on the radio.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568