Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Football Commits..?

Started by OneTuskOverTheLine™, March 06, 2018, 11:03:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I know we have one so far. Is that all?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Seebs

Yes - but the secret commits ... oh the secret commits are like 50.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

parallaxpig

noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

navyhog24

Quote from: parallaxpig on March 07, 2018, 07:40:33 am
Should we be concerned?

Seriously, in the beginning of March? I'm sure a lot of kids are waiting to see how the team plays this season, as they should and as I would as well.

GoHogzzGo

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

Appalachian State is currently ahead of us, so I for one am very concerned!

8)  ;)   8)

Seriously though, let’s see how we are doing going into the start of the season around September.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

ricepig

Quote from: parallaxpig on March 07, 2018, 07:40:33 am
Should we be concerned?

Concerned?? Well, the coaching staff is wanting some soon, it just helps build momentum. Most expect us to get 4-6 by summer camp time, and 10ish by the staff of the season, I hope they're correct.

parallaxpig

Quote from: ricepig on March 07, 2018, 08:15:26 am
Concerned?? Well, the coaching staff is wanting some soon, it just helps build momentum. Most expect us to get 4-6 by summer camp time, and 10ish by the staff of the season, I hope they're correct.

Any concern that we don't have one in-state buy in yet?
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

ricepig

Quote from: parallaxpig on March 07, 2018, 08:40:17 am
Any concern that we don't have one in-state buy in yet?

Nope, wait until Junish......if not before. Some years you have Nolands/Jackson's that commit right away, some years you don't.

aloha_kid

Quote from: navyhog24 on March 07, 2018, 07:56:21 am
Seriously, in the beginning of March? I'm sure a lot of kids are waiting to see how the team plays this season, as they should and as I would as well.

Exactly.  So far we have not played a single down in a single game.  What are they going to commit too?  Rah Rah is cool in the offseason and attitude will only go so far.  At some point, players want to see what you're really going to do.  Arkansas isn't Clemson or SMU.  CCM will have to make his mark on the field and build it his way.  A great budget and facilities are critical, but players want to see what he can do here.

PygmalionEffect2

That is to be expected with the change in coaching staffs.  Now if we are still relatively low come August, then you can worry.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

Hogs33

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." Mark Twain

Vantage 8 dude

Thing is that if past patterns hold then there very well may be several days where there are a group of kids who commit fairly close together. I wouldn't be surprised if this tendency doesn't hold true this time around.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Hogs33 on March 07, 2018, 01:01:42 pm
Fire Coach Morris! :P

Pretty good sign that you're only the 13th dude to type this. The first 12 were within 5 days of his announcement. ;)
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Cure

Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

moses_007

TomHog, where is the stickied thread on the 2019 commits?  We have three commits, and no thread.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on March 07, 2018, 08:03:44 am
https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

Appalachian State is currently ahead of us, so I for one am very concerned!

8)  ;)   8)

Seriously though, let's see how we are doing going into the start of the season around September.

Not any more! And THE Ohio State University is behind us.. of course, I don't expect that 2nd part to last for long. They have 2 4 stars committed to our 3 3s.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

Pig in the Pokey

we are 33rd right now and people are complaining??
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 12, 2018, 12:57:13 pm
we are 33rd right now and people are complaining??

Indubitably

I think a lot of people were stressing that we didn't have a single in state commit yet either given the large haul we are trying to get this year, and should have an advantage toward. Hopefully Malik Chavis doused those flames, not that it matters for anything of course.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

redeye

It probably won't happen this season, but our recruiting would improve greatly if we could just beat Alabama once.  Since Saban won his first national title at Alabama, the Crimson Tide has only lost to the following teams: South Carolina, LSU 2X, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Ole Miss 2X, Texas A&M, Auburn 3X and Clemson.  There's a lot of chicken/egg and other uncertainties on how much it's helped, but I think you could argue that all of these schools have benefited in recruiting some after beating Alabama.  South Carolina, Ole Miss and Texas A&M have probably benefited the most, although Auburn's up there too, thanks to winning it's high profile game with Alabama 3 times over this span.

You could argue that if we can beat Alabama, then we've already arrived.  Which is fair, but Arkansas has beaten 4 teams that beat Alabama in the same season (South Carolina, LSU and Ole Miss twice), so I do think it's possible without competing for national championships.