Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When did the Razorback basketball mystique disappear?

Started by ballhog™, February 11, 2009, 09:55:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ballhog™

Even through the down years the past decade, to me we were still had a mystique about our program...just a good season or 2 from getting back to a dominating program.

Maybe it's just the frustration from tonight or maybe I was in denial before, but I don't think we have anything going for us right now that gets teams added motivation when the play us or a since of accompishment from beating the Razorbacks.  That used to be a big deal to teams in the SEC...no more...we are just another average to below average team in an average basketball conference.

When we entered the league I felt that all teams, with the exception of Kentucky, couldn't even stay on the court with us 9 out of 10 times.  I expected to win every game, even road games. And I was crushed when we didn't.  It's gotten to the point where I don't even expect us to win all of our home games, much less a road game.  So when did the mystique disappear, or at least when did it start to go away?
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

Albert Einswine

"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

roundball

A down year for us was 96 and we still made the sweet 16 as a 12 seed. It was a year to forget and now that woulld be a job saver...sad

Lanny

When Arkansas became Ole Miss bitch in BB it all went to hell
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

jonesark™

when we hired SH and it has been in a downward spiral every since..

ballhog™

Quote from: Lanny on February 11, 2009, 10:01:13 pm
When Arkansas became Ole Miss bitch in BB it all went to hell

I remember when we played ole miss before we joined the SEC...back then it was just beating another cupcake.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

HogBreath

It all started down hill with Nolan's recruiting class of Jesse Pate, Sunday Adebayo, and those guys.  Things have been going down hill ever since.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

DEVICEHIGH

Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

ballhog™

Quote from: HogBreath on February 11, 2009, 10:05:56 pm
It all started down hill with Nolan's recruiting class of Jesse Pate, Sunday Adebayo, and those guys.  Things have been going down hill ever since.

One magazine gave that recruiting class the highest ranking it had ever given a team, the next thing you know guys are ruled ineligible and we are under NCAA investigation.