Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auburn vs Arkansas Game Thread

Started by Ulysses_S_Grunt, February 11, 2009, 06:58:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogman1974

Quote from: heathtits on February 11, 2009, 09:04:26 pm
Please explain individual improvement minus Clarke who still went 0-6 at home against KY two games ago.

I must've missed that Kentucky game 2 games ago.  Hmmm...

chiefsfan

Quote from: heathtits on February 11, 2009, 09:04:26 pm
Please explain individual improvement minus Clarke who still went 0-6 at home against KY two games ago. If anything everyone is playing worse.

How can you see ANY improvement when we blow another lead and end up losing by double digits.

We can't even keep a game close. That Auburn team SUCKS.

Clarke played great tonight.   He then tired out

Moore hustled all over the floor.    Andre Clark had several good first half minutes

Since the first 3 SEC games, Fortson has improved overall.   He had a bad game tonight, but that happens.     Welsh did a good job hitting some shots in the 2nd half to keep s in it at the time

the biggest thing that must improve is the attitude of the team.  Right now they think they are going to lose as soon as they blow a lead.  Thats the thing that must change first.   Then in the offseason, Fortson needs to stay in Fayetvvile and work on free throw shooting.   Moore and Clark need to stay and lift weights.  Clarke could use to do that as well     Henry and Fortson did not get to be here dring the summer, and never really got to the weights, and I think its the reason they are getting so tired right now

If we work on conditioning and attitude in the offseason, and then add in the depth from players like Powell Farmer and hopefully Adams.  We should be fine next year.   Not NCAA good.  But better then 1-8 in the SEC obviously
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

PorkRyan

Quote from: riccoar on February 11, 2009, 09:06:40 pm
And Sanchez was Heath's recruit.  Someone please tell me they actually believe this kid is SEC material.  Don't worry I'll wait.

No he was not.  Pelphrey signed Sanchez, Heath signed Rakestraw.

arkansasmaniac

0:00    72-72    MISS ST     Team Technical Foul
0:00    72-72    MISS ST     Mississippi State Offensive Rebo.
0:00    72-72          End of the 2nd Half.
0:00    72-72    MISS ST     Jarvis Varnado missed Three Point Jumper.

Conway Hog

I've have gotton pretty apathetic about this team...we were up by 10 and I just knew we would find a way to lose...can't hit a free throw, don't press or go man, stay in zone...did we run out of gas in second again or just give up this time?
The  democracy will cease to exist when you take away from  those who are willing to work and give to those who would  not.
Thomas Jefferson

The  tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the  blood of patriots and  tyrants.
Thomas  Jefferson

chiefsfan

Quote from: PorkRyan on February 11, 2009, 09:07:28 pm
Coaches want their players for their system.  It is the reason we fired Heath, so the new coach could get his players in immediately.  It was a great situation.  A terrible situation would have been keeping Heath letting him sign players for his system and then bringing in a new coach.

sort of.  We hired Pelphrey way too late in the game to get any help his first season.  Hence why we have one sophomore.   Im sure he's glad he's getting to add his own players.  But signing 7 freshman means alot of growing pains

If it wasnt for the fact he softened up the nonconference schedule to help us have a shot at the NIT, we would probably be about 8-13 right now.   
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

BayofPigs

Quote from: riccoar on February 11, 2009, 09:06:40 pm
And Sanchez was Heath's recruit.  Someone please tell me they actually believe this kid is SEC material.  Don't worry I'll wait.
Pel's recruit

solitons

Quote from: Hawianiceman on February 11, 2009, 09:07:43 pm
5 Thing I learned Today

1. This years team sucks
2. We have no depth
3. We are At least 2 years from making the Tourney
4. Hogs haven't won the West since '95
5. Miss St. has won the West 7-9 times

don't be angry at me, I am just saying the truth. if there is no change on this coaching staff. I would say we may be able to go to the NIT in 2 years.

yraciv

Quote from: chiefsfan on February 11, 2009, 09:08:57 pm
Clarke played great tonight.   He then tired out

Moore hustled all over the floor.    Andre Clark had several good first half minutes

Since the first 3 SEC games, Fortson has improved overall.   He had a bad game tonight, but that happens.     Welsh did a good job hitting some shots in the 2nd half to keep s in it at the time

the biggest thing that must improve is the attitude of the team.  Right now they think they are going to lose as soon as they blow a lead.  Thats the thing that must change first.   Then in the offseason, Fortson needs to stay in Fayetvvile and work on free throw shooting.   Moore and Clark need to stay and lift weights.  Clarke could use to do that as well     Henry and Fortson did not get to be here dring the summer, and never really got to the weights, and I think its the reason they are getting so tired right now

If we work on conditioning and attitude in the offseason, and then add in the depth from players like Powell Farmer and hopefully Adams.  We should be fine next year.   Not NCAA good.  But better then 1-8 in the SEC obviously

Legs are built in the summer from days of working out.  Once you get to the season, it's too late to build that stamina.  I really think that hurt us with Henry and Fortson.

chiefsfan

Quote from: Hot_Town_Hog on February 11, 2009, 09:07:25 pm
I have defended Pel, but that does seem to be a valid point....Thought the point of the change at the time was so the new Coach could get his players with such a big class.....This sucks!!!!

yeah but a team of 7 freshman for most coaches basically guarantees a below average season.   You want to get your players in, but 4 at a time, not 7 at a time and having to learn on the fly

We have 3 guys on this team who couldve really used a redshirt year, and they couldnt get it because there was no one else on the team to play with

Hence why we went after a couple of Indiana's old players in the offseason.  Trying our hardest to get non freshmen depth.  Unfortunately they didnt come

heathtits

Quote from: chiefsfan on February 11, 2009, 09:08:57 pm
Clarke played great tonight.   He then tired out

Moore hustled all over the floor.   

Since the first 3 SEC games, Fortson has improved overall.   He had a bad game tonight, but that happens.     Welsh did a good job hitting some shots in the 2nd half to keep s in it at the time

the biggest thing that must improve is the attitude of the team.  Right now they think they are going to lose as soon as they blow a lead.  Thats the thing that must change first.   Then in the offseason, Fortson needs to stay in Fayetvvile and work on free throw shooting.   Moore and Clark need to stay and lift weights.  Clarke could use to do that as well     Henry and Fortson did not get to be here dring the summer, and never really got to the weights, and I think its the reason they are getting so tired right now

If we work on conditioning and attitude in the offseason, and then add in the depth from players like Powell Farmer and hopefully Adams.  We should be fine next year.   Not NCAA good.  But better then 1-8 in the SEC obviously

Great, now we call "hustling all over the floor" noteworthy improvement? This is pathetic.

Fortson has NOT gotten any better. He is a continuous TO liability and obviously tonight with his attitude screw up. He's turned it over at least 4 times in all but 2 SEC games this year. That's absurd.

Clarke has been the only noticeable improvement and that seems to be confidence rather than anything else, but I still worry when he goes 0-6 because that basically means we are playing with 4 guys and a midget rather than 5 SEC college basketball players.

This is just unreal.

Hog4Ever09

Quote from: heathtits on February 11, 2009, 09:14:11 pm
Great, now we call "hustling all over the floor" noteworthy improvement? This is pathetic.

Fortson has NOT gotten any better. He is a continuous TO liability and obviously tonight with his attitude screw up. He's turned it over at least 4 times in all but 2 SEC games this year. That's absurd.

Clarke has been the only noticeable improvement and that seems to be confidence rather than anything else, but I still worry when he goes 0-6 because that basically means we are playing with 4 guys and a midget rather than 5 SEC college basketball players.

This is just unreal.

+1 on the CF comments, he has so many turnovers it's ridiculous

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Finding new ways to lose.  pa the tic.  NEVER thought I'd see a hog bball team 1-8.  ONE AND EIGHT!!  I don't care how many frosh you got, that's ridiculous. 

While I'm ranting, I'm so tired of hearing about "overachieving."  Forget OVERachieving, we can't even achieve.  Heck we can't even be inconsistent.  We're consistently underachieving and the result is unacceptable.

Pork Twain

Too bad we have to play a 2nd half, when our lack of depth really starts to take its toll.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Swine & Cheese Club

Quote from: PorkRyan on February 11, 2009, 09:03:08 pm
and Otis says he isn't going to be eligible.

But hey we have a 2 star Center we are sending to prep school and a SF we beat out Detroit and Ball State for.

Looks great to me.

Is Otis always correct?  Fortson and Henry both weren't supposed to be here this year.  BOTH played tonight.  The school Powell attends graduated 30 people last year and all 30 made it to college.  That's a pretty good percentage.  Noone knows for sure that Powell won't make it here so please quit spreading this rumor!

Farmer is 6'5" and averages over 20 points a game in JUCO ball not HS ball. He will help this team.

elksnort

UAfan

depth.  simple as that.  Also Varnado has 31 pts for Ms. State tonight, and Turner has the second most with 9.  HAHA i swear every team we've played has had career nights against us

riccoar

Pelphrey signed Sanchez, but Heath had already offered Sanchez.  True, Sanchez came back big in his senior year of AAU, but Pelphrey didn't exactly have a ton of time recruiting before his first season.

Either way, he has not panned out thus far.

razorbackfan

Quote from: PorkRyan on February 11, 2009, 09:09:25 pm
No he was not.  Pelphrey signed Sanchez, Heath signed Rakestraw.

All you people with your great hindsight go back & look at all the posts when Sanchez signed with us over Kentucky among others & now you're trying to blame him on one of the coaches.  That's gay

riccoar

Blotis and Chuckles still think we were fools for firing TCTWF.  I've got bowel movements that carry more weight than any opinion those two arse clowns could offer.

chiefsfan

The only people that know if Powell will be eligible are Powell and Pelphrey.   And neither of those know for sure

Remember Fortson and Henry werent going to be eligible either, and here they are in the starting lineup

riccoar

Quote from: razorbackfan on February 11, 2009, 09:22:28 pm
All you people with your great hindsight go back & look at all the posts when Sanchez signed with us over Kentucky among others & now you're trying to blame him on one of the coaches.  That's gay

Correct.  I guess what I should be saying is, in Pel's first recruiting class, he didn't have a lot of time to prepare a stellar class.  JFB, more than anyone, is responsible for the state of Hawgball.  He only cared about one thing in April and that was being in Augusta.

75grad

Quote from: riccoar on February 11, 2009, 09:24:04 pm
Blotis and Chuckles still think we were fools for firing TCTWF.  I've got bowel movements that carry more weight than any opinion those two arse clowns could offer.

This sorry excuse for a basketball team has NOTHING to do with TCTWF!!!!!
NCAA=Need Cash Attend Auburn

All_Hogs

Maybe Mike Nail is the problem.  If we can get him away from calling the game while riding in the back of a pickup truck driving over the levee, maybe we'll start winning.

riccoar

Quote from: 75grad on February 11, 2009, 09:29:28 pm
This sorry excuse for a basketball team has NOTHING to do with TCTWF!!!!!

Read the comment Francis.  It was about what I thought of Blotis Kirk and Chuckles Barrett's opinions.

75grad

Quote from: riccoar on February 11, 2009, 09:31:52 pm
Read the comment Francis.  It was about what I thought of Blotis Kirk and Chuckles Barrett's opinions.

This sorry excuse for a basketball team has nothing to do with Otis' or Chuck's opinion either. 
NCAA=Need Cash Attend Auburn

riccoar

ThisTeetsTaken

I hear the baseball team is supposed to be good this year...
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Smokehouse

Quote from: four_two_speed on February 11, 2009, 09:57:32 pm
JFB has nothing to do with it.  The search company found him, for 90,000$ . He was the best up and comer candidate that fit what criteria the administration was looking for . besides Frank was on his way out anyway, he had no clout

he's talking about the initially search that JFB did handle. If he had done it correctly, we wouldn't have been publicly humiliated by being turned down by seven or so coaches and having one coach back out after a day on the job. Plus, if we had gotten Pel from the get-go he would have had more recruiting time. Pel came in with very bad circumstances for recruiting, and threw together a class that we were all excited about last year and that looked solid on paper (especially when you consider no one thought Beverly would be gone.)
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

secfan30

February 11, 2009, 10:10:20 pm #679 Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 10:24:19 pm by secfan30
I am still shocked that we gave Heath 5 years and dont want to give Pel 2. In reality I wish we would have went with Self and the backlash that would have followed (When Nolan was fired), but we didn't do this is where we are. I still think we will be fine....... in 2 seasons.

Wahls

You guys kill me... I absolutely love it. When we win, Pelphrey is a genius. When we lose, you want his head. You guys are worse than any bandwagoners, because your support changes every five minutes. It is downright pathetic.

Listen you yourselves. Don't forget we are starting 3 freshman, and a PF who averaged less than 5 points per game last year. Whoever earlier in this thread that said we were picked to win the West must have been reading ilovethehogs.com, because no respected sports publication is going to pick a team with 3 unproven freshman, no depth, and question marks in post play. Just because there is adversity doesn't mean firing the coach is going to make everything all peachy.

You find out a lot about people when there is adversity...
Quote from: A.Ziffle on April 20, 2012, 10:39:01 pm
You have two kinds of tough guys... those that do it from behind a keyboard, and those that juggle soap in prison just to show they're a fearless bastard.

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: secfan30 on February 11, 2009, 10:10:20 pm
I am still shocked that we gave Heath 5 years and dont want to give Phel 2. In reality I wish we would have went with Self and the backlash that would have followed (When Nolan was fired), but we didn't do this is where we are. I still think we will be fine....... in 2 seasons.

Who's Phel?
Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 02, 2017, 03:02:35 pm
I like to refer to myself as a bigot.  I have every right to be.

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 06, 2017, 01:23:52 pm
White Nationalists aren't any more evil than homosexuals.

PorkRyan

Quote from: razorbackfan on February 11, 2009, 09:22:28 pm

I was just correcting a poster that said Heath signed Sanchez.  Get over yourself.

PorkRyan

Quote from: chiefsfan on February 11, 2009, 09:27:49 pm
The only people that know if Powell will be eligible are Powell and Pelphrey.   And neither of those know for sure

Remember Fortson and Henry werent going to be eligible either, and here they are in the starting lineup

Well, maybe we should try and sign some players that don't have to get eligible at the very last moment.  Daniel Payne is another kid that was a grade risk, and he didn't make it.  Then Pelphrey signed McDonald who no one wanted because of his off the court issues and look where that got us.

secfan30

Quote from: Veritas Arkansas on February 11, 2009, 10:17:04 pm
Who's Phel?

Typo anyone????? I have never understood the spelling police on a sports message board.