Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

14 Straight Losing seasons on the Road..I can't believe that!

Started by Mr. Porkleone, February 10, 2009, 02:58:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Porkleone

I was unaware util I read the paper today. I am stunned about that record. This is unacceptable! We have really fallen since our Championship season and Runner up season.

What is really the problem? :razorback:

rzrbackrob

Good is the enemy of great

HognotinMemphis

I guess most of you don't bother to read my posts. I've mention in multiple threads in this forum over the last month or so that the Hogs haven't been any force whatsoever either in SEC or nationally in 13 years.

I was not aware of this stat but it does not surprise me in the least. I would have guessed it to be true if someone had asked me this in a true or false format.

The Hogs started sucking in '96/'97 and sucked all the way through Nolan's last 7 seasons. They continued sucking during the 4 years of Heath and while they did win 1 NCAAT game last year, they didn't win the SEC West and couldn't be a ** GA team for the SECT championship. And of course, this year is going to be the worst year in the SEC since the Hogs joined the conference in '92.

Thanks for starting the death spiral, Nolan.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

donewithdale

Well the talent declined after 95.  Officiating focusing on handchecks and constant complaining by opposing SEC coaches about our style led to opponents having big FT and foul advantages over us when we went on the road.  And SEC teams learned how to control the tempo better through getting to the foul line, outrebounding us, forcing their tempo on our less talented players and good use of the new at the time 30 second timeouts.  Runs were hard to get started on the road and we were a program that relied on them.  Heath's problems were lack of offensive movement combined with usually poor outside shooting on the road.   

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: ImHogginIt on February 10, 2009, 07:56:22 pm
Division winners (since 1992)
   Western Champion    
1992        Arkansas
1993        Arkansas
1994     Arkansas
1995       Arkansas/Mississippi State
1996       Mississippi State
1997        Mississippi
1998       Mississippi
1999        Auburn
2000        LSU
2001        Mississippi
2002       Alabama
2003     Mississippi State
2004       Mississippi State
2005        LSU
2006       LSU
2007            Mississippi State/Mississippi
2008       Mississippi State

I was unaware the Miss/Miss St have won 9 west titles in this period

RazorbakEuphoricDysphoria

Wow, that sucks!! I honestly think Pel will turn this around if we give him time!!

Wild Bill Hog

Painful.  I knew it was bad but didn't realize how bad.  Those that think the decline of Hog BB started with the firing of NR need to pay attention to this.

hogsareus

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on February 11, 2009, 01:21:41 pm
Painful.  I knew it was bad but didn't realize how bad.  Those that think the decline of Hog BB started with the firing of NR need to pay attention to this.
Yeah, ain't that the truth.  Nolan didn't get fired because he won too much.

BayofPigs

Nolan wouldn't be 1-7 with this team
As a matter of fact, neither would Heath

but I'll still root for Pel and our young hogs this saturday

stan the man

There is no reason we should be this bad for so long.  In spite of all of the futility we have displayed since 1995 we still have a much better fan base and attendance at games than nearly all of the other SEC schools.  The only ones that compare with us would be Kentucky and Florida doesn't have the seating capacity to match us.  Tennessee for the last few years might  compete with us.    Therefore we should not have trouble getting recruits to come to Arkansas but we seem to have a major problem getting them to commit.

Look what happened when we played Oklahoma and Texas.  Full house.  Even after loosing 7 of 8 conference games I'll bet we have a full house when we play Kentucky on Saturday.

So why can't we be in the upper class of the SEC, rather than the bottom.
When we first got into the SEC we were the class of the conference with Kentucky our only competitor.

It is about time we reverse that trend.

donewithdale

Quote from: BayofPigs on February 11, 2009, 02:58:04 pm
Nolan wouldn't be 1-7 with this team
As a matter of fact, neither would Heath

but I'll still root for Pel and our young hogs this saturday

Yes because 40 MOH would have been so effective with a team with no depth.

BayofPigs

Quote from: donewithdale on February 11, 2009, 03:23:05 pm
Yes because 40 MOH would have been so effective with a team with no depth.
you missed the point

ntubjr

We need to open the pocket book and make a change. Pelphrey is not going to turn this thing around. I hate it because I like him however I love the hogs and this is not going to get better

BayofPigs

He brought his players to run his system, but turns out his system is not that good

Pigmund Freud

I almost wish I had not heard this statistic.. I feel even worse now.

go hogues

Quote from: stan the man on February 11, 2009, 03:12:46 pm
There is no reason we should be this bad for so long.  In spite of all of the futility we have displayed since 1995 we still have a much better fan base and attendance at games than nearly all of the other SEC schools.  The only ones that compare with us would be Kentucky and Florida doesn't have the seating capacity to match us.  Tennessee for the last few years might  compete with us.    Therefore we should not have trouble getting recruits to come to Arkansas but we seem to have a major problem getting them to commit.

Look what happened when we played Oklahoma and Texas.  Full house.  Even after loosing 7 of 8 conference games I'll bet we have a full house when we play Kentucky on Saturday.

So why can't we be in the upper class of the SEC, rather than the bottom.
When we first got into the SEC we were the class of the conference with Kentucky our only competitor.

It is about time we reverse that trend.
We've held on to a policy of hiring up-and-comer coaches?  Remember, Frank was scared to death of success.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />