Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Plea to the "Sky is falling...."

Started by 311Hog, February 10, 2009, 09:48:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

311Hog

Hog Basketball fans.

Please stop making stupid posts calling for Pel's job.  It is making the whole fan base look like fools not to mention yourselves.

I realize you want to win we all do, but please stop being so unholy unreasonable as to think in his SECOND SEASON, after totally rebuilding the line up from top to bottom that we would see anything other then what we are seeing now.

We are still above .500 he is doing just fine.  Is the SEC season going poorly ? of course it is, but for goodness sake i have never seen such hysteria in my life. Some of you actually worry me.

moutainbiker

We are the most ungrateful bunch of fans around.  We have a great young coach who will win us a bunch of big games if we just leave him alone. 

If you have to win today, be a Duke fan, or N.C. fan, and come back in 2-3 years when we are back on top and tell everyone how much you love Pel.

thirtythree

Totally agree. I actually consider this to be JP's 1st season with what he lost and now has his players working their way in.

I can't stand people who call themselves fans and then don't look realistically at the way things are.

Their only business is to cheer when the team does good and b!tch and gripe when they do bad. It doesn't matter why. It only matters what to them.

Get a life haters.

Torqued pork

While it's laughable to call for a coach's head two years in, there's nothing laughable about being the absolute worst team in the pathetic SEC. Anybody that thinks we just have an experience problem has their head in the sand.

thirtythree

February 10, 2009, 11:04:29 am #4 Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 11:09:35 am by thirtythree
Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on February 10, 2009, 10:53:49 am
While it's laughable to call for a coach's head two years in, there's nothing laughable about being the absolute worst team in the pathetic SEC. Anybody that thinks we just have an experience problem has their head in the sand.

OK, so what is our problem beside being young and inexperienced? We are also small which creates the problems we have on the perimiter. We don't have depth so that leads to being flat worn out toward the end of the game.

What do you want from these guys? They already give everything they have out on the floor. Would you rather they just quit and not even try?

Hawgrox

Quote from: thirtythree on February 10, 2009, 11:04:29 am
OK, so what is our problem beside being young and inexperienced? We are also small which creats the problems we have on the perimiter. We don't have depth so leads to being flat worn out toward the end of the game.

What do you want from these guys? They already give everything they have out on the floor. Would you rather they just quit and not even try?

That's what I see also. They are giving it their all the whole game but eventually our depth catches up with us. Let's enjoy a couple more wins and a run in the NIT and get ready for next year. Not saying that's acceptable...just reality.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!!

jonesark™

good point

Torqued pork

February 10, 2009, 11:14:15 am #7 Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 11:19:19 am by Bubbaswinestein
Quote from: thirtythree on February 10, 2009, 11:04:29 am
OK, so what is our problem beside being young and inexperienced? We are also small which creats the problems we have on the perimiter. We don't have depth so leads to being flat worn out toward the end of the game.

We are small all over the court and with the number of schollies available we will continue to be small for at least the next two years. I'm not suggesting our guys "just quit", but you can't expect many fans to be content with the condition of Arkansas Basketball either. The alternative is to accept losing or to lose interest which is exactly what many are doing if Hogville is any indication.

hoosier

Agree 100%. Thanks for saying this. It is more frustrating to read some of these posts than it is to watch the team.

HoopS

I'm still behind this team and coach. 

thirtythree

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on February 10, 2009, 11:14:15 am
We are small all over the court and with the number of schollies available we will continue to be small for at least for the next two years. I'm not suggesting our guys "just quit", but you can't expect many fans to be content with the condition of Arkansas Basketball either. The alternative is to accept losing or to lose interest which is exactly what many are doing if Hogville is any indication.

I am in no way say "accept losing". What I am saying is we have to be realistic with our current situation. If we know the problems exist why do people get so ticked when those problems are exposed. We knew it was going to be this way from the very start. JP needs time to build the program. It would be ashame to run him off before he is given a fair opportunity to do so.

People coming out right now acting like this are being very unrealistic about our team. I think if we had Monk we win some of those close games we lost. That is not JP's fault. That was a huge blow to this team and I would like to see anyone deny that. Losing other players at the start of the season was a huge blow. I would venture to guess that he was counting on those players being here this year and contributing. It would have been nice to have that depth. Some of the same people getting onto the team right know were probably some of the same ones praising him for kicking them off of the team. (just a guess, but I bet it's right)

Now, if things aren't any better in a few years then I would agree that a change may need to be looked at. Right now, he needs to be given a fair chance just like BP is getting with the football team.

cosmodrum

Haven't seen you around in a while 311. GREAT POST
Go away, batin'

Torqued pork

Quote from: thirtythree on February 10, 2009, 11:23:37 am
I am in no way say "accept losing". What I am saying is we have to be realistic with our current situation. If we know the problems exist why do people get so ticked when those problems are exposed. We knew it was going to be this way from the very start. JP needs time to build the program. It would be ashame to run him off before he is given a fair opportunity to do so.

People coming out right now acting like this are being very unrealistic about our team. I think if we had Monk we win some of those close games we lost. That is not JP's fault. That was a huge blow to this team and I would like to see anyone deny that. Losing other players at the start of the season was a huge blow. I would venture to guess that he was counting on those players being here this year and contributing. It would have been nice to have that depth. Some of the same people getting onto the team right know were probably some of the same ones praising him for kicking them off of the team. (just a guess, but I bet it's right)

Now, if things aren't any better in a few years then I would agree that a change may need to be looked at. Right now, he needs to be given a fair chance just like BP is getting with the football team.
I agree with most everything you say, but the problem many have is there doesn't seem to be a light at the end of the tunnel within the next couple of years and we've already spent the last decade watching Arkansas hoops become irrelevant. Hope tends to fade as the years pass.

thirtythree

We have just entered the tunnel. We still have our head lights on. We can't even see the end of the tunnel right now. Let's get another class in here and see how we progress or regress. We will know a lot more then than we will ever know now.

Fans doing what they are doing now is so uncalled for it's ridiculous. Things don't always turn out the way that they appear. They could in fact be better. I hope so.

311Hog

This problem like the problem with the football program isnt something that is "fixed" over night.

I see posts that are just plain retarded in terms of "reality" and "possible" you do not totally replace an entire roster in a single season, you just dont it is 100% impossible.

We do not have a single Senior, i would bet money that we will see drastic improvement next season after 1 more good recruiting season, going into 2011 with some momentum and experience.

Any fan that isnt willing to support this team and this school until then is quiet frankly not a fan at all, and they wont be missed.

rude1

Quote from: 311Hog on February 10, 2009, 09:48:50 am
Hog Basketball fans.

Please stop making stupid posts calling for Pel's job.  It is making the whole fan base look like fools not to mention yourselves.

I realize you want to win we all do, but please stop being so unholy unreasonable as to think in his SECOND SEASON, after totally rebuilding the line up from top to bottom that we would see anything other then what we are seeing now.

We are still above .500 he is doing just fine.  Is the SEC season going poorly ? of course it is, but for goodness sake i have never seen such hysteria in my life. Some of you actually worry me.
I keep seeing post who say people are saying they want Pel fired, but I don't see those posts. You guys are taking any criticism of Pel to mean that they want him fired. Most understand that even if you now believe that he can't do the job, he must given four years (barring total collapse next year) to either prove he can or can't do the job. I have my serious doubts at this point, from what I have seen, that he can do it, but I understand that firing him now is not even an option.

Oliver

Quote from: rude1 on February 10, 2009, 12:04:16 pm
I keep seeing post who say people are saying they want Pel fired, but I don't see those posts. You guys are taking any criticism of Pel to mean that they want him fired. Most understand that even if you now believe that he can't do the job, he must given four years (barring total collapse next year) to either prove he can or can't do the job. I have my serious doubts at this point, from what I have seen, that he can do it, but I understand that firing him now is not even an option.

BINGO

razorhead94

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on February 10, 2009, 11:14:15 am
We are small all over the court and with the number of schollies available we will continue to be small for at least the next two years. I'm not suggesting our guys "just quit", but you can't expect many fans to be content with the condition of Arkansas Basketball either. The alternative is to accept losing or to lose interest which is exactly what many are doing if Hogville is any indication.

i dont think we will be small the next few years...go check out a rivals recruiting site.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

311Hog

"Most understand that even if you now believe that he can't do the job"

This is precisely my point, how can any rational person ALREADY have come to this conclusion based on the year and a half that Pelphrey has been the head basketball coach?

Pelphrey has had exactly ONE recruiting class, and you cannot under any circumstances, replace an entire basketball team in one recruiting class you just cant, which by the same logic means you cannot already make up your mind as to weather or not Pelphrey can do this job.

rude1

Quote from: 311Hog on February 10, 2009, 12:34:33 pm
"Most understand that even if you now believe that he can't do the job"

This is precisely my point, how can any rational person ALREADY have come to this conclusion based on the year and a half that Pelphrey has been the head basketball coach?

Pelphrey has had exactly ONE recruiting class, and you cannot under any circumstances, replace an entire basketball team in one recruiting class you just cant, which by the same logic means you cannot already make up your mind as to weather or not Pelphrey can do this job.
There is enough to be seen of Pel's work now IMO to effectively form an opinion. This is his third recruiting class coming up, I give him a pass for the first one. But the second one IMO was average at best, full of roll players. The next class coming up is much worst than the first one, two players that are not certain to make it, one of which is a project at the highest order. The third player we beat out the likes of Iowa St. and UAB for his services, we can clearly see this is another sleeper/project type of player. Looking at all this I see a pattern of a coach who is not all that effective out on the recruiting trail, combined with his less than stellar team preparation, it gives me serious doubts and concerns. IMO that's plenty of tangible evidence that supports why and what I believe.

311Hog

funny because i dont consider Fortson and Clarke to be avg.

And avg. player would look a whole lot worse trying to ball in the SEC as true freshman on a team without a single Senior.

So on that point i will have to disagree.

Also as to the other players that have either not made it i am not sure who i blame for that, i do know one thing i blame someone other then Pelphrey for the fact that he is having to take chances on players that any "normal" team wouldnt have to because of the jacked up numbers game he inherited.

IMHO Pelphrey has a couple guards that will fit his system maybe 1 big provided Washington stays which i think he should, and Henry an athletic swing that can defend and shoot once he gets healthy and experience oh and he is a true freshman to, so

in one season i see pelphrey has 3 good pieces of a good starting 5 with a possible 4th in washington that is good IMHO.

he needs to add toughness and rebounding and then to get this team to gel and play defense. oh and some depth at the point wouldnt hurt either in the form of a larger ball handler.

I really dont see this team being that far off i mean they showed flashes of their potential already against a very good Oklahoma team.

Problem is to me is these kids have hit the wall and teams know how to play them and they are struggling to adjust.  Having the fan base pile on them at the first signs of trouble isnt what they need right now.

HoopS

Watch.   Powell will come in and Farmer, and all the sudden, Coach Pel knows how to coach again. 

chiefsfan

Quote from: rude1 on February 10, 2009, 12:04:16 pm

Oh there are a few...they are mostly being laughed off.  but there are a few

Arkansas fans arent exactly known for patience.   Houston Nutt drove any patience the fan base has out the window, through the barn, and buried it 6 feet under ground
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

heathtits

February 10, 2009, 01:45:25 pm #23 Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 01:50:55 pm by heathtits
What don't you understand about many of us having doubts? Doubts and calling for the plug to be pulled on a coach are totally different things.

Only the guys with 1-100 posts are the ones actually using the word "fire" or are actually calling for his job. The guys who post often who are skeptics are only being critical of what we see. Isn't that the point of the message board? Hold your foresight and we will hold ours because right now, that's all it is. Obviously no one knows what the future holds, but there is writing on the wall, and that's all I have to read.

You act as if us not being blindly optimistic about Pel is something personal or disloyal. Just as you said, we want to win as badly as you do but we weren't afraid to question a coach that is getting blown out at HOME to a crap Auburn team, especially after we have shown we are capable of playing with anyone.

When it comes to writing on the wall, look at Petrino's class and look at Pelphrey's current and incoming class and tell me how you honestly can blame someone for having doubts? Petrino had EVERY recruiting disadvantage known to man; media glorifying the fired coach, media turding all over his reputation, rival coaches doing the same, being in the SEC where EVERYONE has killer facilities and a far inferior(at least recent) tradition to our basketball program.

Pelphrey being in a difficult recruiting situation or the argument that Arkansas isn't big name basketball carries no weight whatsoever with me. He has every advantage known to man;incredible facilities, tons of fans, tons of history and tons of money backing the program. Explain to me why it's not okay for us to have doubts when we are recruiting academic risks against Sun Belt and Conference USA teams.

If you don't understand why people were totally fine with a 5-7 football season and aren't with our current basketball season, you must not be watching either. Massive improvements in attitude, execution and overall culture with the football team were clear by the LSU game. The same CANNOT be said about basketball. Besides, its also Pel's second year. He's had plenty of time to institute a culture, and from what I see that culture apparently is skipping class, throwing tantrums, getting DWIs and whatever the heck Patrick Beverly did AFTER John Pelphrey had been his coach for a year to get kicked off the team. Sorry but that list of achievements doesn't inspire unconditional hope in my heart.

Again, I would love to see us and Pel flourish here but to have any kinds of foresight you have to see something in the distance and as of right now, I don't see very many positives. And taking humility into consideration, my binoculars could also be crap.

Oliver

Quote from: heathtits on February 10, 2009, 01:45:25 pm
What don't you understand about many of us having doubts? Doubts and calling for the plug to be pulled on a coach are totally different things.

Only the guys with 1-100 posts are the ones actually using the word "fire" or are actually calling for his job. The guys who post often who are skeptics are only being critical of what we see. Isn't that the point of the message board? Hold your foresight and we will hold ours because right now, that's all it is. Obviously no one knows what the future holds, but there is writing on the wall, and that's all I have to read.

You act as if us not being blindly optimistic about Pel is something personal or disloyal. Just as you said, we want to win as badly as you do but we weren't afraid to question a coach that is getting blown out at HOME to a crap Auburn team, especially after we have shown we are capable of playing with anyone.

When it comes to writing on the wall, look at Petrino's class and look at Pelphrey's current and incoming class and tell me how you honestly can blame someone for having doubts? Petrino had EVERY recruiting disadvantage known to man; media glorifying the fired coach, media turding all over his reputation and competing coaches doing the same, yet we still beat out NUMEROUS top programs for our guys.

Pelphrey being in a difficult recruiting situation or the argument that Arkansas isn't big name basketball carries no weight whatsoever with me. He has every advantage known to man; huge arena, tons of fans, tons of history and tons of money backing the program. Explain to me why it's not okay for us to have doubts when we are recruiting academic risks against Sun Belt and Conference USA teams.

If you don't understand why people were totally fine with a 5-7 football season and aren't with our current basketball season, you must not be watching either. Massive improvements in attitude, execution and overall culture with the football team were clear by the LSU game. The same CANNOT be said about basketball. Besides, its also Pel's second year. He's had plenty of time to institute a culture, and from what I see that culture apparently is skipping class, throwing tantrums, getting DWIs and whatever the heck Patrick Beverly did AFTER John Pelphrey had been his coach for a year to get kicked off the team. Sorry but that list of achievements doesn't inspire unconditional hope in my heart.

Again, I would love to see us and Pel flourish here but to have any kinds of foresight you have to see something in the distance and as of right now, I don't see very many positives. And taking humility into consideration, my binoculars could also be crap.

Extremely well put.

HoopS

You're blaming Pel for Beverly?   Really?

311Hog

I am by no means being blindly optimistic nor am i calling for anyone to be, but i am not going to waste my breath crying on a message board after a handfull of games in a season that quite frankly i never expected to be "this good". 

When i looked at what we had coming in and what we lost i had zero expectations for this season.  Does that mean these losses havent hurt me? absolutely not i am die hard for this stuff but i get over it and look forward to the next game.

Our program was in such sad shape for the i dunno 10 years that i know it will take alot to bring it back to it's old glory or even some new level of glory.

And i honestly believe some of you are being way to unreasonable in your demands.

heathtits

Quote from: HoopS on February 10, 2009, 01:51:49 pm
You're blaming Pel for Beverly?   Really?

Not at all. Where did I write that? But if you're saying a mentor worth $750,000 a year should not be accountable whatsoever for his players actions, well I'm in the wrong business I guess.

As I said in another thread, if the players don't respect what the coaches are about, I fear the worst.

NEAHawgfan

Look out.....common sense alert!!!! Dude, you'll get flamed by the homers, but you are absolutely right. The sky is not falling because we are talking about sports and in the grand scheme of things....it doesn't matter. However, anyone that thinks John Pelphrey can get this program back to the Nolan status is dillusional.....This team is short on talent to be sure, but that's not what's alarming. The alraming thing is that we get worse....or stay exactly where we are.....each and every game. We're no younger than Mississippi State and just look at the difference. It's pathetic.

heathtits

Quote from: 311Hog on February 10, 2009, 01:54:11 pm
I am by no means being blindly optimistic nor am i calling for anyone to be, but i am not going to waste my breath crying on a message board after a handfull of games in a season that quite frankly i never expected to be "this good".  .

Yeah instead you're busy crying about other Hog fans who don't live by the motto "Doubt your Doubts, not your Beliefs". Thank god one of my high school teachers ripped that banner down a number of years ago.

And honestly who is having illogical or unreasonable demands?

Is it unreasonable for me to expect a close game at home to AUBURN? It is unreasonable for me to seek noticeable improvement in technique and attitude? Really, explain how that is unreasonable.

You're exaggerating things just as much as the yahoos calling for his job. You're just on the other side of the fence.

HoopS

Beverly was contemplating leaving before Pel got here.  I'm not exactly sure what he could have done.   Bev made the decision to do what he did. 

PeytonManningSUCKS

Quote from: 311Hog on February 10, 2009, 09:48:50 am
Hog Basketball fans.

I'm sitting on this side of the fence.

heathtits

February 10, 2009, 02:05:33 pm #32 Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 02:08:39 pm by heathtits
Quote from: HoopS on February 10, 2009, 02:00:43 pm
Beverly was contemplating leaving before Pel got here.  I'm not exactly sure what he could have done.   Bev made the decision to do what he did. 

Well if that's all you expect from a coach, then I guess that is $750,000 put to good use.

I expect much much more, especially for that kind of skrilla.

Also Beverley cheated under Pel's tenure. If you're cool with such continued acts of insubordination then so be it. I won't lie and claim it's just "rebuilding".

311Hog

February 10, 2009, 02:07:12 pm #33 Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 02:09:39 pm by 311Hog
Quote from: heathtits on February 10, 2009, 02:00:06 pm
Yeah instead you're busy crying about other Hog fans who don't live by the motto "Doubt your Doubts, not your Beliefs". Thank god one of my high school teachers ripped that banner down a number of years ago.

And honestly who is having illogical or unreasonable demands?

Is it unreasonable for me to expect a close game at home to AUBURN? It is unreasonable for me to seek noticeable improvement in technique and attitude? Really, explain how that is unreasonable.

You're exaggerating things just as much as the yahoos calling for his job. You're just on the other side of the fence.

Umm i am just pointing out the total mood change in a significant number of posters on this board that happened after the SEC season started.

No one wants to believe that Monk was a huge reason why we beat Texas and Ok at home.  No one wants to believe or hear that Washington is hurt and playing hurt.  No one wants to accept that the SEC while it doesnt have a dominate team, and isnt as good as the rest of college basketball because Digger Phelps says it isnt, is probably a crock of shiet.

The SEC's worst team is the ONLY team to have beaten the Big 12's best team dont you find that odd ?

While you point to the Auburn game i point to the fact this team is wired weird from the get go with a strange blend of personalities that NEED senior leadership even if it is in the form of a football player.

I guess i just cant understand how a fan base can turn on a coach so quickly with no real justification IMHO. 

HoopS

February 10, 2009, 02:07:53 pm #34 Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 02:10:18 pm by HoopS
LOL

Whatever you say.   Yeah, Pel did it.   I wish you were my dad growing up. 

Edit: actually, I'm glad my dad expected me to be accountable for my own actions rather than looking to blame someone who may have tried his but off to make me listen but I was just too darned hard headed to listen. 

311Hog

Quote from: heathtits on February 10, 2009, 02:05:33 pm
Well if that's all you expect from a coach, then I guess that is $750,000 put to good use.

Also Beverley cheated under Pel's tenure. If that doesn't illustrate the respect level, then I guess you can continue being content with putting everything on a college kid.

First of all college students are not kids, second coaches cannot "make" a player act right they either do it or they dont, and if they dont they get shown the door like in this case.

I really dont know what you or anyone expected the coaching staff to do to make Beverly do the right thing.

cosmodrum

Quote from: heathtits on February 10, 2009, 02:05:33 pm

Also Beverley cheated under Pel's tenure. If that doesn't illustrate the respect level, then I guess you can continue being content with putting everything on a college kid.

You expect Pel to force a kid who didn't want to be here to stay? And by the sounds of this, you blame Beverley's cheating on Pel, too?

WTH
Go away, batin'

heathtits

February 10, 2009, 02:12:00 pm #37 Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 02:15:25 pm by heathtits
Quote from: HoopS on February 10, 2009, 02:07:53 pm
LOL

Whatever you say.   Yeah, Pel did it.   I wish you were my dad growing up. 

Cool, might as well call me a socialist now. I'll put it in caps for the hard of hearing.

I DID NOT SAY ANYTHING OF THE SORT.

But I'll ask you this, without putting words in your mouth like you so politely did to me, How much accountability does or should the coach have for his player's actions?

Edit: If I were your dad or anyone else's would I be getting paid $750,000 a year to keep you in line and perform on the basketball court? Is that not in the College Basketball job description?

PeytonManningSUCKS

Quote from: heathtits on February 10, 2009, 02:12:00 pm
Cool, might as well call me a socialist now. I'll put it in caps for the hard of hearing.

But I'll ask you this, without putting words in your mouth like you so politely did to me, How much accountability does or should the coach have for his player's actions?
How much accountability should he have for a player that he didn't recruit??

Oliver

Quote from: RanSolo on February 10, 2009, 02:13:34 pm
How much accountability should he have for a player that he didn't recruit??

And this would probably end the argument, if it weren't for the fact that he's had so many problems with the ones HE HAS RECRUITED this season.

Swine & Cheese Club

On the court or off the court?

311Hog

Outside of practice or basketball games?

NONE.

Basketball coaches or any coach for that matter cannot make choices for players when they are not present.

I get so sick of people with your mind set, i bet you also blame teachers when your kids act up outside of school to right?

These people are suppose to be young ADULTS above the age of 18, when the choice comes up to A. Go out and party on Friday nite or B. Stay home and study.

Which choice do you think a star basketball player or any other 18+ year old is going to make 9 times outa 10?

All a coach can do is remove the PRIVILAGE of playing basketball or what ever sport they play that is it.

Give the player a frame work to exist in and if they refuse there is nothing they can do.

heathtits

Quote from: cosmodrum on February 10, 2009, 02:10:04 pm
You expect Pel to force a kid who didn't want to be here to stay? And by the sounds of this, you blame Beverley's cheating on Pel, too?

WTH

What? Can you read? Neither of those things came anywhere close to being mentioned in what I said.

razorbackfan

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on February 10, 2009, 11:36:44 am
I agree with most everything you say, but the problem many have is there doesn't seem to be a light at the end of the tunnel within the next couple of years and we've already spent the last decade watching Arkansas hoops become irrelevant. Hope tends to fade as the years pass.
And when the program becomes irrelevant can anyone REALISTICALLY expect an overnight turnaround.  I mean that's the whole point people, and if you can't see any light at the end of the tunnel that's your problem.  I see plenty! You do have to have some talent to beat a #2 team in the country right, wouldnt anyone in their right mind say that there is something there to build on...

heathtits

Quote from: Hog Fan4 Life07 on February 10, 2009, 02:15:16 pm
On the court or off the court?

Uh really? What difference does it make because we SUCK in both of those areas.

cosmodrum

Edit: If I were your dad or anyone else's would I be getting paid $750,000 a year to keep you in line and perform on the basketball court? Is that not in the College Basketball job description?

As a coach, I expect him to sign players that aren't knuckleheads, and when they turn out that way, they get shown the door. So far he has done that. He can tell them what he expects of them and what the punishments will be for actions otherwise. He can't follow the guys around 24-7.
Go away, batin'

Swine & Cheese Club

Quote from: Oliver Miller on February 10, 2009, 02:14:53 pm
And this would probably end the argument, if it weren't for the fact that he's had so many problems with the ones HE HAS RECRUITED this season.

Most schools have problems with their athletes in one way or another.  We just know about ours because we keep up with everything they do day in and day out.  Look around to other programs and you'll see the same things are going on.  We aren't the only one.  In no way am I condoning this.  Just stating the obvious.

311Hog

Coach Pelphrey doesnt :

1. Wake these kids up in the morning
2. Drive them to their classes
3. Eat lunch with them
4. Drive them home
5. Live in the same house they do
6. Tuck them into bed at night.

So how can you honestly hold him responsible for stupid mistakes that virtually EVERY single person between the ages of 17 and 24 make at least once in their lives when they leave home?

heathtits

Quote from: 311Hog on February 10, 2009, 02:21:43 pm
Coach Pelphrey doesnt :

1. Wake these kids up in the morning
2. Drive them to their classes
3. Eat lunch with them
4. Drive them home
5. Live in the same house they do
6. Tuck them into bed at night.

So how can you honestly hold him responsible for stupid mistakes that virtually EVERY single person between the ages of 17 and 24 make at least once in their lives when they leave home?

You're overstating the obvious and I know this.

Maybe I'm flat wrong but I have the impression that if a coach doesn't make some sort of lasting impression to players off the court. You won't see jack on the court.

Smite me if you must, but please do not associate stupid words or phrases with me that have no reason to be there.

cosmodrum

Quote from: heathtits on February 10, 2009, 02:16:22 pm
What? Can you read? Neither of those things came anywhere close to being mentioned in what I said.

I can read just fine, smart guy. Maybe make clear statements if that's not what you meant, because that IS what it sounds like you're implying.
Go away, batin'