Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Washington's Health??

Started by bullmts, February 09, 2009, 12:49:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bullmts

I was at the TN game Wednesday.  Sat close enough to Hog bench that it was obvious he was in pain.  He was subbed for early in the game and in the 2nd half he could not even lift his head while on the bench.  During the last 20 second time out near the end of the game all the other players stood up (they don't bring out chairs on 20 second timeouts) but Washington went down to his knees.  It is obvious he is playing a way less than full speed and it shows in his lack of dunks and rebounds in SEC play.  Anyone else notice this and have you heard it addressed at all by Pel or any of the call in shows?  He dominated the #1 player in college basketball early in the year and now is playing on guts only in my opinion.  It has made me respect his game even more and he is only playing because we have a fall off when he isn't in the line up that we can't over come (even with him at half speed).  Comments / info anyone?

The Realist

Mike's my favorite player probably.  He went from living the regular college freshman life of partying to taking basketball seriously and giving up other things and it paid off on the court the way it should for people who work hard.  Whatever it is, we need him healthy or the season is officially over.
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

prisonhog

I hope Washington is OK, but with or without him the season is over.
"It's not the size of the Hog in the fight, but the size
of the fight in the Hog."

booogaga

i think it is just starting to wear on his body having to be the only big guy on the court. monk is out for good. sanchez is invisible. clark is still young and does not contribute much. and moore just cant get it going. so we are forced to start sanchez or henry at the 4 spot. and henry is more of a 3 guard sunny weems type player. it is a complete waiste to but henry at the 4 spot. so that said washington is getting no help down low and is taking a beating under the basket, he can not do everything...
GO HOGS!

jonesark™

Quote from: prisonhog on February 09, 2009, 04:59:43 pm
I hope Washington is OK, but with or without him the season is over.

glass half empty type guy huh...lol

ferrellhog

I knw he has back roblems and knew that it would be the deciding factor of this season on weather he could make ti through the season playing at a level like he did vs our big 12 opponents

chiefsfan

Quote from: ferrellhog on February 11, 2009, 01:41:09 am
I knw he has back roblems and knew that it would be the deciding factor of this season on weather he could make ti through the season playing at a level like he did vs our big 12 opponents

Im sure that if you swapped Texas and Oklahoma for late season games we probably wouldnt have near the success

Its much easier to play in December with little pressure nothing to lose, and alot less of the physical beatings to take a toll on the body

If only we could have began SEC play in November
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

claycohog

Washington has not been healthy for any of the SEC schedule.  We are what we are and that is "not very good".  A healthy Washington and Monk being available would have helped with a few wins, IMO.