Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss' backcourt is head and shoulders better than Hogs'

Started by HognotinMemphis, January 28, 2009, 10:22:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

White and Heurta are so much better than Fortson and Welsh it's not even worth discussing. For those of you who say you wouldn't trade Fortson for anyone, I don't get that. Why? Because he's scored 25 points a couple of times? Surely it's not his propensity for driving the lane among the highrises and having his shot blocked or turning the ball over more than the # of assists in 4 SEC games so far. Surely it's not his defensive prowess either.

How does OM end up with a far superior backcourt to that of Arkansas'? Hogs need Joe Jackson of Memphis' White Station HS when he graduates in May, 2010.

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Furthermore, the true freshman PG for Miss State, Bost, is the best true freshman in the SEC, period. Not criticizing Fortson, as he had done well overall this year, but if given the opportunity to do a swap, I'd trade Fortson for Bost in a blink of an eye.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

TNhawgfan

Don't forget Ole Piss has another guard who can absolutely light it up that will be back next year
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

jonesark™

Hog Pharm

You can have Bost.  Just remember this next year and the years to come.  I guess leading the league in assists as a freshman isn't good enough for you.  My word.

akp4105

Quote from: HoginMemphis on January 28, 2009, 10:22:56 am
White and Heurta are so much better than Fortson and Welsh it's not even worth discussing. For those of you who say you wouldn't trade Fortson for anyone, I don't get that. Why? Because he's scored 25 points a couple of times? Surely it's not his propensity for driving the lane among the highrises and having his shot blocked or turning the ball over more than the # of assists in 4 SEC games so far. Surely it's not his defensive prowess either.

How does OM end up with a far superior backcourt to that of Arkansas'? Hogs need Joe Jackson of Memphis' White Station HS when he graduates in May, 2010.

Are you this Jackson kid's father or something.. chill out man. Fortson is one of the best freshman PG's in the nation. He doesn't have much help around him. Bost is a better shooter than Fortson.. Fortson is the better PG and the better all around player. You are a grade A HATER. We're on a tough stretch right now.. He's gonna be the starter at PG till he's done here, and he'll have a great career.

HawgAdvocate

February 08, 2009, 11:50:07 pm #6 Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 01:53:15 am by HawgAdvocate

Are you seriously boasting that you're a bigger fan of Ole Miss' & Miss. St's players than you are of Arkansas'?

Are you seriously bashing our own soon-to-be freshman All-American baller just to campaign for some high school kid you go watch?

How are you a mod here?
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

heathtits

Dee Bost 10ppg, 4.5 apg, 36% FG, 1.72 A/T, 3.1 RPG, 1.4 SPG.

Courtney Fortson 14.8ppg, 6.5 APG(Leads SEC), 43% FG, 1.58 A/T, 5.2 RPG, 1.2SPG.

Explain to me why you'd take Bost without blinking? You have an obvious bias simply because you see Courtney play much more than Bost, and therefore don't have much to judge besides the fact of them playing head to head. Bost creates less and hence has a little less mistake making but overall Courtney is much more productive all around the floor.  Bost can shoot but I take Courtney's game changing ability any day of the week over Bost.

Huertes is a 6-5 junior. Really a horrible comparison if you ask me. I'd say your overall assessment is pretty crap.

Beaverfever

lol who the hell ever said they wouldn't trade fortson for anyone?!

Oliver

Quote from: Beaverfever on February 09, 2009, 09:08:24 am
lol who the hell ever said they wouldn't trade fortson for anyone?!

I remember seeing quite a few posts after the OU game.

Come to think of it...I remember reading OU fan's posts after the Arkansas game and a lot of them were saying that if they had Fortson instead of Austin Johnson, they would be championship contenders this year.

Beaverfever

Quote from: Oliver Miller on February 09, 2009, 09:12:36 am
I remember seeing quite a few posts after the OU game.

Come to think of it...I remember reading OU fan's posts after the Arkansas game and a lot of them were saying that if they had Fortson instead of Austin Johnson, they would be championship contenders this year.
The OP was talking about the present, "for those who say".  Fortson hasn't been the old Fortson in over a month.

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: heathtits on February 09, 2009, 01:49:10 am
Dee Bost 10ppg, 4.5 apg, 36% FG, 1.72 A/T, 3.1 RPG, 1.4 SPG.

Courtney Fortson 14.8ppg, 6.5 APG(Leads SEC), 43% FG, 1.58 A/T, 5.2 RPG, 1.2SPG.

Explain to me why you'd take Bost without blinking? You have an obvious bias simply because you see Courtney play much more than Bost, and therefore don't have much to judge besides the fact of them playing head to head. Bost creates less and hence has a little less mistake making but overall Courtney is much more productive all around the floor.  Bost can shoot but I take Courtney's game changing ability any day of the week over Bost.

Huertes is a 6-5 junior. Really a horrible comparison if you ask me. I'd say your overall assessment is pretty crap.

damn don't you hate when facts and stats mess up your arguements?
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

Oliver

Quote from: Beaverfever on February 09, 2009, 10:20:55 am
The OP was talking about the present, "for those who say".  Fortson hasn't been the old Fortson in over a month.

True

Jim Harris

when I spoke with Pelphrey at Ole Miss after that game, when White had played so well, he said they tried like hell to get him, but couldn't. Huertas, he picked Ole friggin Miss to transfer to, not Arkansas. Why, I don't know.
Also, don't forget they are doing this without Warren and Polynice. So, they have four guards better than any on Arkansas, and easily two forwards better than Sanchez and the two freshmen plugs.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

porkinsons disease

To me Welsh and Huertas are the same streaky type of player. Gimme Fortson over most although White has turned out very good. Fortson does not have much help, He makes some mistakes (driving too deep ala Kareem Reid), but is trying to create because nobody else will.
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

40MINSOFHELL

this thread is stupid, you sir are a fairweather fan, dont cheer next year when we are winning

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on February 09, 2009, 05:45:57 pm
this thread is stupid, you sir are a fairweather fan, dont cheer next year when we are winning
Gotta have the fair weather fans too.  Having said that, why are you asking anyone not to cheer for the Hogs?  Doesn't that make you anti-Hog?
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

broken legs

everyday HiM starts threads like this. everyday someone takes the bait.

obvious troll is obvious
Quote from: bigpigpimpin on June 06, 2009, 09:48:11 pm
today when Darr got the winning hit me and some buddies went nuts in my living room, and we even dogpiled in the floor. well, I ended up on bottom and my dog, who doesn't like anybody anyways, thought I was being attacked. so the dog rushes and bites my friend from behind right in the sack! he pissed all over himself and another guy whose face was right below his shorts. They get into a fight and end up shattering the front storm door on my house. After this we all just kind of stopped, as the wife was totally pissed. so we went outside and called the hogs. what a day! I just WPS!

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on February 09, 2009, 05:45:57 pm

your handle is stupid. noone is scared of playing pel's teams for 40 minutes. It sounded cool at first, but it's just not true.

just sayin'
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

Ray Piggers

I'd take Mugsy Bogues over Fortson, and that's about it.

I'm basically Darkwing Duck

Jim Harris

Quote from: clifflee4mvp on February 09, 2009, 08:52:46 pm
your handle is stupid. noone is scared of playing pel's teams for 40 minutes. It sounded cool at first, but it's just not true.

just sayin'

maybe he's referring to how it feels watching Pel's team play.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

heathtits

Quote from: drakehog on February 11, 2009, 05:07:20 pm

HAHAHAHA, sadly I find that hilarious.

clifflee4mvp

HogBreath

Quote from: drakehog on February 11, 2009, 05:07:20 pm
Sadly, that's pretty much about spot on.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?