Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No reason to pile on MA anymore. Feel for the seniors and hope for best.

Started by hobhog, February 03, 2018, 06:12:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hobhog

Meanwhile new AD better have a shortlist and phone calls being made. Thank Mike for service, pay him, and move on.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: hobhog on February 03, 2018, 06:12:30 pm
Meanwhile new AD better have a shortlist and phone calls being made. Thank Mike for service, pay him, and move on.

Not going to happen

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

lookawayquick

I may be out of touch but CMA seems to be going through the motions.  Where's the fire?  If nothing else, start playing for 2019.  This team has a low ceiling.

hobhog

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on February 03, 2018, 06:55:05 pm
I would be surprised if Yurachek fires a coach in one of the major revenue sports less than six months into his time at UA.

Rebuilding year next year. ADs job is to get optimal results as he said at press conference. Why wait for next year when we will probably be worse? Earn your salary. Plus the number one target is Beard and he won't be there after next year....

Atlhogfan1

I would be surprised if Yurachek fires a coach in one of the major revenue sports less than six months into his time at UA.

Yep.  Stop getting your hopes up hob. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hogsanity

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 03, 2018, 07:31:52 pm
Yep.  Stop getting your hopes up hob. 

We all know why Mike won't be fired, and it has nothing to do with anything on court.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HogBreath

I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

jfred59

Quote from: hogsanity on February 03, 2018, 07:34:19 pm
We all know why Mike won't be fired, and it has nothing to do with anything on court.

Agreed, it all has to do with an $11 mill to a football coach and multimill to an AD who caused this mess buyouts.

GA reddiehog

Agree with you and I didn't think they should have hired him for that reason.

code red

if they don't fire him then we were sold a bill of goods by Julie. I seriously don't think will win more than two more games. If that happens and he's not fired. Then something is seriously wrong.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: jfred59 on February 03, 2018, 07:54:40 pm
Agreed, it all has to do with an $11 mill to a football coach and multimill to an AD who caused this mess buyouts.
BS. 
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

hobhog

hobhog

But isn't that the perfect time?

Mjs84

HogBreath

Quote from: lookawayquick on February 03, 2018, 06:59:51 pm
I may be out of touch but CMA seems to be going through the motions.  Where's the fire?  If nothing else, start playing for 2019.  This team has a low ceiling.
Only problem with playing for next year, most of the team is seniors.

Too bad Mike doesn't have a Shoats team he can trot out there.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Justifiable Hogicide

True. We were warned and now we are seeing it played out year after year after frustrating year.

clew

We won't fire him this year even if we lose the rest of our games. He gets one more year. Will have to make the tournament next year, but I think his best chance was this year. Not saying it can't be done, but using history as a guide doesn't look good for the Hogs trying to make it while losing six seniors and breaking in a bunch of freshmen.
Pure as the dawn

hobhog

Quote from: clew on February 03, 2018, 09:20:51 pm
We won't fire him this year even if we lose the rest of our games. He gets one more year. Will have to make the tournament next year, but I think his best chance was this year. Not saying it can't be done, but using history as a guide doesn't look good for the Hogs trying to make it while losing six seniors and breaking in a bunch of freshmen.

Lose out and keep him. I've heard everything now.

hogfanny

Snouty

Quote from: hobhog on February 03, 2018, 07:00:29 pm
Rebuilding year next year. ADs job is to get optimal results as he said at press conference. Why wait for next year when we will probably be worse? Earn your salary. Plus the number one target is Beard and he won't be there after next year....

Why would Beard want to come here?  He left UALR for UNLV and left there within a few days to take the job at Texas Tech.  The media said Texas Tech was Beard's "dream job."  Most anyone on this board would leave Lubbock for Fayetteville in a heartbeat, but the panhandle is supposedly home to Beard. 

JayHog

Quote from: Breems on February 03, 2018, 06:16:48 pm
Personally related or just a big fan?

No. He just has a brain. You don't renew a contract in February (basically) just to fire him in March.
I mean, damn, do you understand what that contract renewal signaled?  It meant he was not going to be fired in March.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Snouty on February 04, 2018, 04:16:41 am
Why would Beard want to come here?  He left UALR for UNLV and left there within a few days to take the job at Texas Tech.  The media said Texas Tech was Beard's "dream job."  Most anyone on this board would leave Lubbock for Fayetteville in a heartbeat, but the panhandle is supposedly home to Beard.

He was an associate head coach there for 10 years (2001-2011). Beard is not coming here.