Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"and we'll all go down together"

Started by JIHawg, July 07, 2006, 11:10:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JIHawg

July 07, 2006, 11:10:05 pm Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 11:38:38 pm by JIHawg
Sang Jackson Brown (or Billy Joel, maybe)  arm in arm with Viet Nam Vets on a stage in Washington DC on an emotional night of comraderie, and sometimes that's how we have to be with our coaches.  Heath and these three assistants have about 50 years of watching players, evaluating players, figuring out which players are players.  They are doing a balancing act with all these prospects, Anderson being the linchpin of it all, and they decided today, after some blood curdling agonizing analysys, to cut bait on a top 100 recruit.  They are watching Rakestraw, Anderson, Augustus, and others all summer, even as we sleep, there comes a time when we just have to trust all that experience, have faith that they know what they are doing, after all, their jobs, not ours, depend on their decisions.
There comes a time when we, like Jackson Brown and the Viet Nam Vets, have to just get arm in arm with these coaches, and , by Gawd, if we're going down, we're all going down together.

That's what supporting a team, a program and yes the coaches, is all about.

This is one of those times.

mikeirwin

Quote from: JIHawg on July 07, 2006, 11:10:05 pm
Sang Jackson Brown arm in arm with Viet Nam Vets on a stage in Washington DC on an emotional night of comraderie, and sometimes that's how we have to be with our coaches.  Heath and these three assistants have about 50 years of watching players, evaluating players, figuring out which players are players.  They are doing a balancing act with all these prospects, Anderson being the linchpin of it all, and they decided today, after some blood curdling agonizing analysys, to cut bait on a top 100 recruit.  They are watching Rakestraw, Anderson, Augustus, and others all summer, even as we sleep, there comes a time when we just have to trust all that experience, have faith that they know what they are doing, after all, their jobs, not ours, depend on their decisions.
There comes a time when we, like Jackson Brown and the Viet Nam Vets, have to just get arm in arm with these coaches, and , by Gawd, if we're going down, we're all going down together.

That's what supporting a team, a program and yes the coaches, is all about.

This is one of those times.
Sounds like the speech Bluto made in Animal House. Enthusiastic but I don't see a lot of people willing to go down the tubes with you and Heath.

JIHawg

July 07, 2006, 11:34:57 pm #2 Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 11:36:43 pm by JIHawg
I love Animal House, Belushi was a true genius, so thank you, even though you didn't mean it that way. 

I'm still banking on Heath and the boys bagging a good class.  It's a different feeling having so many prospects (some you and I don't even know about), that we can afford to drop a top 100 player and not fret about it, still feel confident as Heath was described today.  That's elevating our status on center stage-we turned down a stud, said go ahead and go to Florida or Texas, we will wait and see if you fit our ultimate mix.  Got to admire the courage, the daring do, of our coaches to not panic when faced with a crisis, they went with their gut feeling and think they can do better.  Time will tell, but it's a nice problem to have for a change, turning down a top 100 player who wants to come.  If we can hold off Florida and keep Duke at bay, then we have the player we want.  We got the shooter we need, there may be a third out there that is better than Augustus.  My money's on Heath to bring home the bacon. 

RebelliousHog

I thought Billy Joel did that song.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

JIHawg

Thanks.  I'll correct it.  I get those two litebread new yorkers mixed up sometimes.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

JI, I have gown to love your posts but the title of this thread is just really uncomfortable....
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07