Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Has anyone seen Nate Rackstraw play?

Started by pioneerhog, July 07, 2006, 05:55:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pioneerhog

I never have but I am trying to find out just how good he is. So if any of you have seen him play what are your thoughts on him? Should we have taken him over Augustus? I got my ideas on this but I won't voice them here since I already have elsewhere.

Hollywood_HOGan

Man he better be the next Pat Bradley or SCotty Thurman if we turned down a top 100 need position player from Texas for him.

pioneerhog

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on July 07, 2006, 05:57:09 pm
Man he better be the next Pat Bradley or SCotty Thurman if we turned down a top 100 need position player from Texas for him.
Pretty much my thoughts but I wanted to hear from someone that has seen him play before I fully decide that Stan is a dumba$$.

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: pioneerhog on July 07, 2006, 06:00:14 pm
Pretty much my thoughts but I wanted to hear from someone that has seen him play before I fully decide that Stan is a dumba$$.

What we need to do is tell Preston Cranford that we appreciate his efforts but for the good of the BB program, we need that scholarship.

Bless the boy's heart he never gets to play but he's taking up a much needed scholarship.

cowboyhog

He is about half the player that BIC's Brooks Taylor is, who is now at S.Alabama!!!
GO HOGS!!!GO COWBOYS!!!

pioneerhog

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on July 07, 2006, 06:03:36 pm

What we need to do is tell Preston Cranford that we appreciate his efforts but for the good of the BB program, we need that scholarship.

Bless the boy's heart he never gets to play but he's taking up a much needed scholarship.
According to Sportsrap that is one of the two schollies they are offering.

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: pioneerhog on July 07, 2006, 06:19:42 pm

Ferguson, Modica, Jefferson, and Brewer are gone.

Why do we only have two ships to offer?

pioneerhog

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on July 07, 2006, 06:22:42 pm

I could be wrong but the 3 we signed this past recruiting season take up for Ferguson, Modica and Jefferson's schollies.

silvertip

Quote from: pioneerhog on July 07, 2006, 05:55:01 pm
I never have but I am trying to find out just how good he is. So if any of you have seen him play what are your thoughts on him? Should we have taken him over Augustus? I got my ideas on this but I won't voice them here since I already have elsewhere.

Are you sure that we HAVE "taken him over Augustus?"
Do you know that we won't get both?  Please tell us what you know about the Augustus situation and the source of that info. I'm having trouble finding any reliable info. Thanks.

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: pioneerhog on July 07, 2006, 06:24:55 pm
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on July 07, 2006, 06:22:42 pm

I could be wrong but the 3 we signed this past recruiting season take up for Ferguson, Modica and Jefferson's schollies.

You're probably right.

I dont think we lose anybody next season outside of a transfer or a NBA jump.

Wish we could get both Anderson and Augustus.

NOw if Anderson goes elsewhere, we're fricked.

silvertip

Only people that I know for sure that have seen them BOTH are Stan & his staff. Maybe you should ask them.

pioneerhog

Quote from: silvertip on July 07, 2006, 06:25:27 pm

Do you know that we won't get both?  Please tell us what you know about the Augustus situation and the source of that info. I'm having trouble finding any reliable info. Thanks.
I am not sure about anything. Turn on Sportsrap, they where talking heavily on this subject, not sure if they still are or not though. Pretty much all I am doing is voicing my opionion on this.

pioneerhog

Quote from: silvertip on July 07, 2006, 06:31:59 pm

Only people that I know for sure that have seen them BOTH are Stan & his staff. Maybe you should ask them.
Is that you Stan?  ;D

silvertip

Quote from: pioneerhog on July 07, 2006, 06:33:21 pm

I am not sure about anything. Turn on Sportsrap, they where talking heavily on this subject, not sure if they still are or not though. Pretty much all I am doing is voicing my opionion on this.

Thanks, but I can't do Sportsrap. I'm at work.

What are they saying, info-wise? Do they claim to have the real story, or are they just yappin' & spekalatin'?

silvertip

Quote from: pioneerhog on July 07, 2006, 06:35:39 pm
Quote from: silvertip on July 07, 2006, 06:31:59 pm

Is that you Stan?  ;D

Well, in fact, it is. And I am really really worried that you will decide that I'm a dumba$$ without ever having seen either of these players, or even knowing someone who has. Guess I should have checked with you first.

pioneerhog

Quote from: silvertip on July 07, 2006, 07:01:13 pm

What are they saying, info-wise? Do they claim to have the real story, or are they just yappin' & spekalatin'?
Well Dawson or whoever was on there was suppose to have talked to Kodi and his AAU coach, but you know how that goes. I am gonna let this play out some before I decide anything, I'm just a little disappointed right now. I hate to see us hurt recruiting ties to anywhere, I think there should have been a little better planing of this issue. Also yes you should have checked with me first, I could have told you who you should have choose to keep Hogville happy. That is what's important right?  ;D

silvertip

Quote from: pioneerhog on July 07, 2006, 07:23:48 pm

Well Dawson or whoever was on there was suppose to have talked to Kodi and his AAU coach, but you know how that goes. I am gonna let this play out some before I decide anything, I'm just a little disappointed right now. I hate to see us hurt recruiting ties to anywhere, I think there should have been a little better planing of this issue. Also yes you should have checked with me first, I could have told you who you should have choose to keep Hogville happy. That is what's important right?  ;D

Well, thanks. Promise not to tell anyone who I am & I might send you an autograhed picture or something.

three

Quote from: silvertip on July 07, 2006, 07:43:38 pm

Well, thanks. Promise not to tell anyone who I am & I might send you an autograhed picture or something.
Tip, I do not know what happened as far as why Kodi did not commit today as originally anticipated.  What I do know is that Rakestraw verbaled, and now it's between Augustus and James Anderson.  Now, the hogs would RATHER have Anderson, that's the guy they have Number one on their list, so I think the idea here, and this is just my deduction, Stan wants to hold off on Agustus' commitment until he knows for sure whether or not he can get Anderson. 

Again, that's just what I've been able to draw from what I've been told.  I DO NOT know what the exact reason no commitment came about today like it was originally thought, and I DO NOT know if Anderson is supposed to make his decision sometime soon.  What I do know is that they will only have Ronnie's scholarship and Cranford's scholarship available for this class.  If they already signed Rakestraw, and they really, really want Anderson, it makes sense that they may have told Augustus to hold on until they knew for sure what they had available.

Hope that clarifies, though I may have just completely confused you.
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

merccedes

Am i missing something here, didnt I read where Agustus committed today

Hollywood_HOGan

sure wish we would have waited to offer Rakestraw since Kodi was wanting to come to Arkansas.

three

Quote from: merccedes on July 07, 2006, 09:24:44 pm
Am i missing something here, didnt I read where Agustus committed today
He was supposed to commit, but never did.  It SEEMS, though I have not heard anything definite, and have not seen anything concrete posted, yet, but it does seem Arkansas basically told him they weren't interested any more.  It seems to me they must believe they're going to get James Anderson.
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

The_Bionic_Pig

Preston is a Academic Scholie .... he is not effecting the limit.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

three

I will also say this, and I've seen a lot of Rakestraw's games last year as a JR at Har-Ber hi in S-Dale, he's a pretty decent shooter.  I have not seen anything from him that makes me think he's anything better than Blake Eddins, and I don't believe he's nearly as tough as Blake, but he can shoot, and Stan's caught a lot of criticism for not finding a shooter.  But, Rakestraw has difficulty creating his own shot up here in the 5A-West, where there's just not a lot of great hoops talent, and so I wonder why he has been offered to come get shots off in the SEC.  It really baffles me that Heath would offer this kid, but maybe he's seen something in AAU or someplace that I have not seen in 5A West ball, and must have missed at this year's Real Deal.  Either way, Stan must be thinking if he gets one playmaker like Anderson, and one shooter, he will have maximized the two scholarships he has available for that class.

three

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on July 07, 2006, 09:38:05 pm

Preston is a Academic Scholie .... he is not effecting the limit.
Where'd you hear that Stewie?  Unless I'm mistaken, it is an athletic scholarship.  I seem to remember Heath saying something last year about him being pleased with Preston's shooting and his work ethic and deciding he deserved a scholarship.  I don't believe the basketball coach can issue academic scholarships, can he?  Doesn't it have to be athletic?

SwinedMelon

Do the names Dar or James mean anything to anyone on this site?
"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

silvertip

Quote from: three on July 07, 2006, 09:15:43 pm
Quote from: silvertip on July 07, 2006, 07:43:38 pm

Tip, I do not know what happened as far as why Kodi did not commit today as originally anticipated.  What I do know is that Rakestraw verbaled, and now it's between Augustus and James Anderson.  Now, the hogs would RATHER have Anderson, that's the guy they have Number one on their list, so I think the idea here, and this is just my deduction, Stan wants to hold off on Agustus' commitment until he knows for sure whether or not he can get Anderson. 

Again, that's just what I've been able to draw from what I've been told.  I DO NOT know what the exact reason no commitment came about today like it was originally thought, and I DO NOT know if Anderson is supposed to make his decision sometime soon.  What I do know is that they will only have Ronnie's scholarship and Cranford's scholarship available for this class.  If they already signed Rakestraw, and they really, really want Anderson, it makes sense that they may have told Augustus to hold on until they knew for sure what they had available.

Hope that clarifies, though I may have just completely confused you.

Thanks, three. That's the first "info" that I've been able to get amongst a whole bunch of "Heath really screwed the pooch again" posts. I have reason to think that you might actually have access to some real sources.

I have been SPECULATING, by watching the shadows dancing on my cave's walls, that maybe Kodi misunderstood a situation where maybe Kodi thought it was between him & Anderson & whoever committed first would get the scholly. OR MAYBE, Kodi or his coach said he wanted to commit & Otis figured Kodi actually had an offer.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was just Otis jumping the gun. It's sad for Kodi if he wants to be a Hawg & doesn't get it. But he has plenty of good options & his stock is rising.