Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jason Peters most underrated

Started by Zen_Hog, July 07, 2006, 02:18:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Zen_Hog

on the Buffalo Bills team.

Underrated: Right tackle Jason Peters is a former tight end who is learning the position. He has outstanding athletic ability and is already the best player on the Bills line. He can be a Pro Bowl tackle.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9542704

NoMoreNutt

"Gabriel's trumpet will produce you from the ass of a pig!"- Al Swearengen

WILL CLINTON

I agreed with guy until I got to his thoughts on the bucs.  Mike Alstott has been overrated his whole career??  That is just crazy talk.  poop mouth.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Hog6

That's two former Hogs who made the most underrated list.  Shawn Andrews at Philly, along with Peters.

hogsmaster

Always want former hogs to do well.

Yo Huckleberry

Pete was the most underUSED tight end withe the most ability of any I've seen. 6'7", 305, 4.7: the first time he enter a game as a frosh against Auburn, he went up high & turned his body back over a CB to snatch a ball out of the air: unbelieveable. Thereafter, for some dumbass reason, we refused to use him!

Jerry Swinefeld

Quote from: Yo Huckleberry on July 07, 2006, 04:10:37 pm
Pete was the most underUSED tight end withe the most ability of any I've seen. 6'7", 305, 4.7: the first time he enter a game as a frosh against Auburn, he went up high & turned his body back over a CB to snatch a ball out of the air: unbelieveable. Thereafter, for some dumbass reason, we refused to use him!

That catch was awesome, but the catch in the back of the end zone for the 2-pt conversion against Ole Miss in the 7OT game was better.  I don't know how Jones saw him, and I don't know how he caught it.  At that point, we should have been beat...it saved the game.

dmhog v2.0

Quote from: hogsmaster on July 07, 2006, 03:10:16 pm

Me too. That's why it always confuses me when people harp on Carroll.

hogsanity

And look where he is playing in the show TACKLE.  The coaches wanted him to play DL or OL, he wanted to play TE.  Like Mj in a way.  Everyone who knew anything knew his best shot at the NFL was at WR, but he wanted to play QB. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Zen_Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on July 07, 2006, 04:33:26 pm

And look where he is playing in the show TACKLE.  The coaches wanted him to play DL or OL, he wanted to play TE.  Like Mj in a way.  Everyone who knew anything knew his best shot at the NFL was at WR, but he wanted to play QB. 

He was a good fit at TE for us though.

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: dmhog v2.0 on July 07, 2006, 04:30:48 pm

He left early and has a big mouth (but so do many other CBs).  Those are the only reasons I can think of.  I still root for him (and all other former Hogs) though.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

pseudorabies

hogman64

Peters has done well since day 1 of his NFL career, but I bet there has been  10 times more publicity in arkansas newspapers and television about Tom Crowder and his off and on again scout team career........I admire Crowder for his accomplishments as a Hog, but it is about time someone noticed the fact that Peters is an NFL starter.......

RebelliousHog

Quote from: dmhog v2.0 on July 07, 2006, 04:30:48 pm

Because he was a bad DB. Came with a rep and left with the same rep with nothing to back it up. Kinda like cotton candy. Looks big, but has little substance. 
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

HatfieldHog

Some *^&% reason, or "Some HDN reason."  Brilliance comes in interesting packages, but those packages don't look like "Dale."

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Kinda says something about their coaches here, huh.....
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

idochog

Quote from: Dmac4Heisman on July 07, 2006, 04:49:54 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on July 07, 2006, 04:33:26 pm

He was a good fit at TE for us though.

With HDN and Markuson running the show TE is really just an extra OL.
I love Jesus!