Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If both Casey and MItch are good next year....

Started by Hollywood_HOGan, July 07, 2006, 01:54:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood_HOGan

wonder how people would feel about a two QB system.

Kinda like what we had in 01 with Clark and Matt.

If DIck comes in the first game and helps us beat SC, there is no way you can bench him even if Mitch is good.

We may want to give Casey most of the snaps till Mitch adjusts to the speed of college football.

I guess whatever it takes to win.

NoMoreNutt

I'm okay with either as QB... But I will not be among the morons in the stands BOOing a 19 year old like Casey Dick... I think Mustain is better but I don't want Hog fans booing their own.... Boo Nutt not the player.
"Gabriel's trumpet will produce you from the ass of a pig!"- Al Swearengen

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

There's no reason for a 2 QB system.  You would normally only use that when you have a pocket passer on one hand and a scrambler on the other hand.  In our case, both have similar styles, you play whomever is more accurate & poised in the pocket.  Of course, we will substitute if one gets rattled, but that is different than a 2 QB system.

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: NoMoreNutt on July 07, 2006, 01:57:11 pm
I'm okay with either as QB... But I will not be among the morons in the stands BOOing a 19 year old like Casey Dick... I think Mustain is better but I don't want Hog fans booing their own.... Boo Nutt not the player.

Exactly. Both are good. I see CD as more of a Stoerner type QB. He has the heart of a lion and can help us win games. He can most def make the big throws but....

Mitch has all the tools you would want in a QB.

If Mitch happens to be a bust (Lord forbid) then we still have another young up and comer in Casey Dick.

And yes I hope NO ONE ever gets booed here. I want to boo some of Nutt's playcalling but there are kids out there and others might take it the wrong way.

Atreyu

Anyone that boos a quarterback that could've transferred or quit after the "QB of the future" was signed should be shot.
1 by 1, we loaded our guns
up on the mountain all day
and all through the night
HEYHEYHEY

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: abostian on July 07, 2006, 02:00:31 pm
There's no reason for a 2 QB system.  You would normally only use that when you have a pocket passer on one hand and a scrambler on the other hand.  In our case, both have similar styles, you play whomever is more accurate & poised in the pocket.  Of course, we will substitute if one gets rattled, but that is different than a 2 QB system.

True if one is on fire. Leave him in. If they may get rattled or ineffective, try the other guy.

I just hope one doesnt transfer.

mossfan3

If Casey starts off solid then I hope we can redshirt Mitch.  We can always do what we did with Casey's redshirt year and burn it half way through the season.

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: Atreyu on July 07, 2006, 02:06:28 pm
Anyone that boos a quarterback that could've transferred or quit after the "QB of the future" was signed should be shot.

Lol. man I dunno about that but if someone around me booed Casey or Mitch, I'd tell them to shut the frick up.

ballhog™

What are the chances of one of them transferring after next year?  Or maybe even more than one?
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Atreyu

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on July 07, 2006, 02:09:22 pm

Lol. man I dunno about that but if someone around me booed Casey or Mitch, I'd tell them to shut the frick up.

Hat off to you.

I'd shoot them.
HEYHEYHEY

razorbackbabe

Quote from: mossfan3 on July 07, 2006, 02:09:01 pm
If Casey starts off solid then I hope we can redshirt Mitch.  We can always do what we did with Casey's redshirt year and burn it half way through the season.

That would be ideal, imo.
"The man loves danger and sport. That is why he loves woman, the most dangerous of all sports."

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: razorbackbabe on July 07, 2006, 02:20:02 pm
Quote from: mossfan3 on July 07, 2006, 02:09:01 pm

That would be ideal, imo.

Actually no, we can't.  Mitch will not let his redshirt be burned with 4 or 5 games left.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

southeasthog

How about not booing any Razorbacks? Have you ever played ANY kind of competitive sports and been booed? It doesn't affect just one person, it affects the whole team. If you can't cheer then shut the frick up.

mike7156

I know that everone wants to only think of MM and CD, but there is another QB that this type offence is well suited to and that is Robert Johnson. He is not the best QB on the hill, but he could and should be very effective in the spred offence. He can run and pass well enough to win. I have seen some QBs that have good not great skills win in this system, the thing was that they could do both run and pass enough to get the job done.I'm not saying he is going to start, just don't count him out
True Heroes wear the uniform that serves this country proudly.

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: mike7156 on July 07, 2006, 03:03:05 pm
I know that everone wants to only think of MM and CD, but there is another QB that this type offence is well suited to and that is Robert Johnson. He is not the best QB on the hill, but he could and should be very effective in the spred offence. He can run and pass well enough to win. I have seen some QBs that have good not great skills win in this system, the thing was that they could do both run and pass enough to get the job done.I'm not saying he is going to start, just don't count him out

Johnson is an okay talent but just doesnt have it upstairs to win in the SEC.

He had some terrible games last year.

mossfan3

I hope RJ does make a push.  I would love to have a mobile quarterback.  He just has to quit trying to throw on the run when it is not necessary.  Favre can get away with that but he's about the only one.

NoMoreNutt

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on July 07, 2006, 03:08:41 pm
Quote from: mike7156 on July 07, 2006, 03:03:05 pm

Johnson is an okay talent but just doesnt have it upstairs to win in the SEC.

He had some terrible games last year.

I think Mitch plays before Rojo.... Rojo is not an SEC QB

Landonhog

In the face.

SultanofSwine

HogFather

Quote from: southeasthog on July 07, 2006, 02:28:32 pm
How about not booing any Razorbacks? Have you ever played ANY kind of competitive sports and been booed? It doesn't affect just one person, it affects the whole team. If you can't cheer then shut the frick up.

Does that include the head coach?

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Landonhog on July 07, 2006, 03:12:49 pm

In the face.

with a cannon.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

NoMoreNutt

Quote from: HogFather on July 07, 2006, 03:15:04 pm

It most certainly should... Allow Barnett and Nutt to be co-head coaches at Idaho State

HawgPilot

Based on some of the posts I have read on here, I would not put it past anyone.  ..the booing that is...

southeasthog

Boo him all you want. Just not at the games. How do you think the players feel about people booing the man they follow? Go up to any player and tell them that their coach is a idiot and a moron. Any sport. Any school. See how many teeth you walk away with. Booing at the games should not be acceptable. Like it or not, all of the Razorback football players decided to play for HDN. That means (to them) when you boo him at the games, then you are booing them as well. A little food for thought.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: southeasthog on July 07, 2006, 05:40:32 pm

Boo him all you want. Just not at the games. How do you think the players feel about people booing the man they follow? Go up to any player and tell them that their coach is a idiot and a moron. Any sport. Any school. See how many teeth you walk away with. Booing at the games should not be acceptable. Like it or not, all of the Razorback football players decided to play for HDN. That means (to them) when you boo him at the games, then you are booing them as well. A little food for thought.

Listen here.  Don't tell me not to boo a call when i am at a game.  If the call deserves a boo, they are going to get it.  Just because these guys are 18 years old is not an excuse.  They are old enough to sign up for the army and get shot at, but GOD FORBID SOMEONE BOO WHILE THEY ARE PLAYING......

Ridiculous.

I will express my displeasure with the performance any damn place i feel like it.  I never boo players, i am always booing the decisions made by the people running the show.  Hell i have known some players who said they would have booed as well some of the idiot decisions made.

Atreyu

As long as a player straps on his helmet to represent my team, and tries his hardest for my team, he will not be booed.
HEYHEYHEY

Richard_white

I am sure most players are loyal to their coach like Latrell Spreawell.

southeasthog

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on July 07, 2006, 06:46:44 pm

Listen here.  Don't tell me not to boo a call when i am at a game.  If the call deserves a boo, they are going to get it.  Just because these guys are 18 years old is not an excuse.  They are old enough to sign up for the army and get shot at, but GOD FORBID SOMEONE BOO WHILE THEY ARE PLAYING......

Ridiculous.

I will express my displeasure with the performance any damn place i feel like it.  I never boo players, i am always booing the decisions made by the people running the show.  Hell i have known some players who said they would have booed as well some of the idiot decisions made.

I have two sons that have served in Iraq. Do not equate you booing the Hogs as the same as you sitting on your arse and letting them fight for your freedom!
On a lighter note, I respect your posts and opionions, however MY opionion is that you shouldn't boo at Razorback games if you are a TRUE hog fan.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: southeasthog on July 07, 2006, 07:58:00 pm

Ridiculous.

I have two sons that have served in Iraq. Do not equate you booing the Hogs as the same as you sitting on your arse and letting them fight for your freedom!
On a lighter note, I respect your posts and opionions, however MY opionion is that you shouldn't boo at Razorback games if you are a TRUE hog fan.

OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

Now we get the "your not a true hog fan" BS.

Whats next?  The "We don't need fans like you"?

First off, let me say, i have a father who flew in Vietnam, backfield support in Desert Storm I, and Medivac with the 3ID all the way to Bagdad International Airport in the second DS.  So for me to equate my booing to that, is a little ridiculous.

However, the fact to say that the kids are too fragile to take a little booing when its directed at a Head Coach when they can get shot at, is just as ridiculous.  You act like because they are kids they need to be protected.  I see nothing like that.  I see adults playing a game which is a very violent game in some people's eyes.  If they want to get pissed off when i boo, fine, if they want to come find me in a parking lot.  Fine.

If they have a problem, do something about it on the field.  Show me why they deserve me praises and my cheers.  Respect is not given, it is earned.  Every player on that team can tell you that, and they are not going to expect honorary cheers.  They work their asses off, and want to perform under the lights. 

To say i can not boo the coaching staff is insane.

southeasthog

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on July 07, 2006, 08:02:59 pm
Quote from: southeasthog on July 07, 2006, 07:58:00 pm

Ridiculous.

OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

Now we get the "your not a true hog fan" BS.

Whats next?  The "We don't need fans like you"?

First off, let me say, i have a father who flew in Vietnam, backfield support in Desert Storm I, and Medivac with the 3ID all the way to Bagdad International Airport in the second DS.  So for me to equate my booing to that, is a little ridiculous.

However, the fact to say that the kids are too fragile to take a little booing when its directed at a Head Coach when they can get shot at, is just as ridiculous.  You act like because they are kids they need to be protected.  I see nothing like that.  I see adults playing a game which is a very violent game in some people's eyes.  If they want to get pissed off when i boo, fine, if they want to come find me in a parking lot.  Fine.

If they have a problem, do something about it on the field.  Show me why they deserve me praises and my cheers.  Respect is not given, it is earned.  Every player on that team can tell you that, and they are not going to expect honorary cheers.  They work their asses off, and want to perform under the lights. 

To say i can not boo the coaching staff is insane.
Let's back up.
When you said something about kids being able to join the army and get shot at, it struck a nerve. I didn't mean to link the two together. I have read alot of your posts and respect your opionions. I believe that you have good insight and knowlege of the UofA program. I, however, don't think people should boo at Razorback games unless they are booing a specific thing. The question was "does that include the head coach" on the subject of booing. People that want to boo the head coach will at every opportunity. I am just saying that booing at the drop of a hat is counterproductive. You have a different percpective. I can respect that, and appoligize for earlier comments about my sons.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: southeasthog on July 07, 2006, 08:15:51 pm
Let's back up.
When you said something about kids being able to join the army and get shot at, it struck a nerve. I didn't mean to link the two together. I have read alot of your posts and respect your opionions. I believe that you have good insight and knowlege of the UofA program. I, however, don't think people should boo at Razorback games unless they are booing a specific thing. The question was "does that include the head coach" on the subject of booing. People that want to boo the head coach will at every opportunity. I am just saying that booing at the drop of a hat is counterproductive. You have a different percpective. I can respect that, and appoligize for earlier comments about my sons.

I agree with you.  Sorry, as well.  I offer my complete apologizes.  I can understand the striking a nerve.  I am very proud of what my father has done for this country.  He even ended up in a book talking about some of the idiotic stuff that almost kept me from ever being born lmao.

I agree not to boo the players, i never do that, however, when its 3rd and 25 and we run the smoke draw down 14 in the 4th quarter.  I am gonna boo.   I mean thats idiotic.  And yes we called that play once, and yes i booed.  I saw players disgusted with the call.  You can love and respect your coach, and still disagree with a decision.

I boo the call, and i boo the coach.  The players know what i am doing.  Just my opinion.

southeasthog

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on July 07, 2006, 08:37:09 pm
Quote from: southeasthog on July 07, 2006, 08:15:51 pm
Let's back up.

I agree with you.  Sorry, as well.  I offer my complete apologizes.  I can understand the striking a nerve.  I am very proud of what my father has done for this country.  He even ended up in a book talking about some of the idiotic stuff that almost kept me from ever being born lmao.

I agree not to boo the players, i never do that, however, when its 3rd and 25 and we run the smoke draw down 14 in the 4th quarter.  I am gonna boo.   I mean thats idiotic.  And yes we called that play once, and yes i booed.  I saw players disgusted with the call.  You can love and respect your coach, and still disagree with a decision.

I boo the call, and i boo the coach.  The players know what i am doing.  Just my opinion.
Agreed. When Talley got the draw in LR against LSU, I was cussing my arse off until he went the distance. There are times to boo during games. I will aknowlege that fact. Lets hope that the time for that is starting to pass with Gus on board. Have a good night THF and it was good bantering with ya!