Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Press Row

Started by Thepope, July 07, 2006, 11:45:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Thepope

I am having propblems hearing Press Row lately.  I haven't been able to get it for a while.  Then I got it Thursday, but coulddn't on Friday.  Help

Hognoxious

They seemed to be having some problems this morning.

I thought I heard the show in the background behind what would have been the first commercial break.  A call to the studio got "number disconnected".

We know that Grant was away for golf.  If Irwin or Droid weren't there, they couldn't have a show....

HatfieldHog

I hate to say it, but missing Press Row can't be seen as a bad thing anymore.  Boring, to say the least!  If they discuss old golf stories one more time, I'll lose it!

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

mikeirwin

July 07, 2006, 03:22:21 pm #3 Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 05:17:42 pm by mikeirwin
Quote from: HatfieldHog on July 07, 2006, 02:14:05 pm
I hate to say it, but missing Press Row can't be seen as a bad thing anymore.  Boring, to say the least!  If they discuss old golf stories one more time, I'll lose it!

See ya
You're welcome to call anytime and we'll discuss whatever it is you want to talk about.

THROWITDEEP

See ya

It's July, cut them some slack.

HoggerNocker

Mike, what was going on this morning?  I tried on both 1190 and 96.3, nothing but Mike & Mike.

HatfieldHog

Quote from: THROWITDEEP on July 07, 2006, 03:29:01 pm

See ya

I guess I'm gonna have to put up or shut up!  OK, I'll call next week, but my topic is not gonna be the most popular with the higher ups at the Broyles Center! 

-I want to discuss the "message board" phenomenon.
-I want to ask why this "media" outlet is being totally ignored?
-I will probably say that our AD is so old that he does not realize the
     importance of the Information Age that we are in now.

When I call, I don't want to be the only one on board with this.  If it really is important, then I'll expect you guys to chime in also.

See ya on the Radio
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

mikeirwin

Quote from: RazorHawg on July 07, 2006, 03:41:03 pm
Mike, what was going on this morning?  I tried on both 1190 and 96.3, nothing but Mike & Mike.
They were switching out some old equipment and didn't get the new equipment installed in time for the show.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: THROWITDEEP on July 07, 2006, 03:29:01 pm

See ya

Agreed, hell look at some of the threads on here.  Seriously i am ready for practice reports to start rolling in.

pseudorabies

Quote from: 21Mann on July 07, 2006, 08:55:13 pm
Quote from: mikeirwin on July 07, 2006, 03:53:03 pm
Quote from: RazorHawg on July 07, 2006, 03:41:03 pm
They were switching out some old equipment and didn't get the new equipment installed in time for the show.

THE REAL story is......

Mike fell asleep under his house again. 8)

Damn, that is a great story.  I hope to hear it again soon.

PigKahuna

I agree, the show is going downhill fast.   I know it is the summer, but for the love of god it isn't a golf talk show. 

Please improve the show content.   I know Bo irritated a lot of people, but he brought NEWS and INFORMATION to the show to generate actual discussion.

Please please either replace Grant or limit the golf talk.

mikeirwin

The golf talk is limited.
It usually doesn't account for more than 10 minutes of a two hour show.
We had a local golfer in the US Senior open this week. We talked about that some but that is less about golf and more about a local guy getting on national TV.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

World Cup!

Just kidding...

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Slacker

Quote from: mikeirwin on July 07, 2006, 10:59:26 pm
We had a local golfer in the US Senior open this week. We talked about that some but that is less about golf and more about a local guy getting on national TV.

And yall promised a follow up today (Friday). What's the real story on no show today? Sleep in today or what? ;)

mikeirwin

July 07, 2006, 11:17:17 pm #14 Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 11:21:02 pm by mikeirwin
Quote from: 1WildHog on July 07, 2006, 11:15:05 pm

And yall promised a follow up today (Friday). What's the real story on no show today? Sleep in today or what? ;)
Read the thread you're posting in. The explanation I gave is legitimate.

HatfieldHog

Mike, your work from the weight room today was great.  But I'm still not sold on Decker.

See ya

mikeirwin

The sheriff is near.

You should have that Pastor on as a guest and have him talk about the helicopter and no alcohol thing....
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

mikeirwin

What about the bootlegger's kitchen window facing the alley which was busier than a McDonald's drive thru on a Saturday night. Quart bottles of Pearl beer at 2 bucks apiece. Highway robbery back in the mid 60's.

Slacker

Quote from: mikeirwin on July 07, 2006, 11:17:17 pm
Quote from: 1WildHog on July 07, 2006, 11:15:05 pm

Read the thread you're posting in. The explanation I gave is legitimate.

Okay, you Slacker... You better be wearing a pink jersey on Monday. You're show not airing today started my, and many folks day off on the wrong foot! My daily ruitine was hozed not having press row for breakfast! Not to mention Collin Cowherd was absent this week. Chuck had a long weekend. I've got the DT's!

I appreciate your work. Just giving you a hard time.

Quote from: mikeirwin on July 07, 2006, 11:44:15 pm
What about the bootlegger's kitchen window facing the alley which was busier than a McDonald's drive thru on a Saturday night. Quart bottles of Pearl beer at 2 bucks apiece. Highway robbery back in the mid 60's.
I KNEW I was born in the wrong decade, LOL....