Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gus is in charge.

Started by Porkerpower, July 06, 2006, 10:04:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Porkerpower

He hasn't called a play yet, so lets just go with what we know.

Apparently Gus is having a HUGE impact on recruiting, both in and out of state so far.  One could almost say he is our instant number one recruiter.  And if you've noticed, most orals have been on offense.  Our lastest, Tuck, is one of those guys you just kinda got to trust Gus on.  And trust we do.  Gus knows the type guys he needs for his system.

So if we're recruiting to this system, and we are, then take a wild guess who will be running Gus's system?  No not Dale.

I figure at some point if this thing really takes off, Nutt is going to want to drive the boat, and that's the part that scares me to death.

pigndblanket

This may be true but on Tuck....

Otis said that he was one of the best receivers in the SEC recruiting area (or something to that effect) yet the schools it said had offered him were us Kansas State, and Troy.  Maybe not the exact schools but you get the drift...

I hope this guy is good.  Now people are saying we got this "great" player because of Gus.  Yet if Gus had not been there and Nutt got this player, it would be "why do we compete against Troy and Kansas State for players?"

idochog

I will say this about receivers, there are alot out there that can play those positions.  Alot will go undiscovered.

Just remember the best receiver of all time Jerry Rice played at Miss Valley St., why wasnt he recruited by the big boys?

I trust Gus on this, I have a feeling Gus is gonna be a little more indepth on what he is looking for in a WR.  Im sure it isnt based on his 40 time alone.
I love Jesus!

Landonhog

Quote from: Porkerpower on July 06, 2006, 10:04:22 pm
He hasn't called a play yet, so lets just go with what we know.

Apparently Gus is having a HUGE impact on recruiting, both in and out of state so far.  One could almost say he is our instant number one recruiter.  And if you've noticed, most orals have been on offense.  Our lastest, Tuck, is one of those guys you just kinda got to trust Gus on.  And trust we do.  Gus knows the type guys he needs for his system.

So if we're recruiting to this system, and we are, then take a wild guess who will be running Gus's system?  No not Dale.

I figure at some point if this thing really takes off, Nutt is going to want to drive the boat, and that's the part that scares me to death.

I agree...  Speculation of failure just leads to ulcers....  Gus would not hang around if he's not in the drivers seat...  It's simply not his character.  We'll see.

idochog

Quote from: pigndblanket on July 07, 2006, 07:46:39 am
This may be true but on Tuck....

Otis said that he was one of the best receivers in the SEC recruiting area (or something to that effect) yet the schools it said had offered him were us Kansas State, and Troy.  Maybe not the exact schools but you get the drift...

I hope this guy is good.  Now people are saying we got this "great" player because of Gus.  Yet if Gus had not been there and Nutt got this player, it would be "why do we compete against Troy and Kansas State for players?"

I wouldnt take stock in ANYTHING Otis Kirk says but I will believe Gus if that is his opinion.
I love Jesus!

HatfieldHog

In my opinion, Gus Malzahn is the most popular, and important man on the hill right now.  Baring none, not even the head coach!

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

casken

Quote from: HatfieldHog on July 07, 2006, 08:24:09 am
In my opinion, Gus Malzahn is the most popular, and important man on the hill right now.  Baring none, not even the head coach!

See ya

From what I hear I believe you are correct!
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

blake

Gus has brought in a respect that the others have lost. He has been a winner time and time again and demands perfection. His background may only be high school but he has proved that his system works. IMO that is why everyone is so excited about this upcoming year along with the talent. If left alone he will perfect our offense and win that Broyles Award Trophy.

Pork Twain

That is why I say GM can win without his offense fully installed and still use some of the plays from last and sprinkle in some HUNH this year.  Execution...  We would have won at LEAST three more games last year with proper execution.  I think AW and GM will demand that from the O.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/