Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Opening line for USC @ Arkansas....

Started by rzrbacknTX, July 06, 2006, 09:06:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rzrbacknTX

dishhog10

I expect Arkansas to win, but I am surprised by that line.  I would imagine that heavy betting on USC will drive that line up.
Lets band together and back BP

CiriusPorker

Opening line?  how about this one..

"Camel walks into a bar, the bartender asks, "What'll you have", the camel says 'WATER!"

Zen_Hog

A lot of people are saying this is the easiest games to bet on in week 1 of college football. Everyone is picking USC.

hog caller

let' s see how big their grin is when the fat lady sings.

i don't see any reason why we can't beat USC. none nada zip whatsoever

The_Bionic_Pig

I was really hoping for a much, much bigger line 14 -21 pts so the Trojans would be atleast a little over-confident.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

BPPig

HawgPilot

I think giving up 10 for USC is a good bet. 

mossfan3

i love my hogs but i am going to have to look really hard at USC -10 if the line stays around 10 on gameday.

hogman64

-13 has been my prediction for awhile now, meaning where it will settle before the game

MasterChiefHog

I'll be in Vegas 20 Aug to place my bets. I'm picking the Hogs regardless. I'll probably play the over under too. WPS! GHG!
Quote from: oldman1015 on December 28, 2017, 11:40:00 am
Having a bad day or always a dick?
Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on December 06, 2019, 09:39:55 am
Sorry fo any misspells or paragraph s. I m on a scaffold.
Quote from: Hogwild on October 18, 2018, 08:23:47 amSince we are being optimistic, let's go full tilt boogie! If we win out, Ole Miss wins out, and Bama loses out. Then all we need is Miss. State to win against LSU & Texas A&M, and then have the Aggies upset LSU. 
And then we are hanging an SEC WEST Champion banner.

HatfieldHog

21-10 USC is about right for this game.  We will be hard pressed to win this one.  The only way I see it happening is if our Defence plays lights out, and shuts them out.  Or two interception scores by our "D."  USC will have to make mistakes for us to win.  Straight up -- player vs. player, they are just better!

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

Oklahawg

Its early in the season, right? Expect both offenses to take advantage of some defensive gaffes. Add at least 10 per team: 31-20.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

HatfieldHog

Quote from: Oklahawg on July 07, 2006, 12:11:17 am
Its early in the season, right? Expect both offenses to take advantage of some defensive gaffes. Add at least 10 per team: 31-20.

You have solid logic there, good thinking.          See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

silvertip

Quote from: Oklahawg on July 07, 2006, 12:11:17 am

Agree. I would take USC and give the 10 right now IF I could bet against the Hawgs.

DevilHog

I was a witness to the destruction in LA last year. As much as I love the Hogs, if I were a betting man, I would give the ten and another, and take USC. Lest we forget, it was 70-17.

Shizzle

Heavy west coast betting will drive this line up to somewhere between USC - 12.5 to 14. I was going to hit the ubet account early but I'm gonna let the prune pickers give me some padding.
www.southernlandmanagement.com If I may be of any assistance.

artyhog

Since it is early in the year, I see the Defense being the big force on both sides.  But, DMAC will be better than their defense.  Hogs win 31 - 14.

HogISH™

Quote from: CiriusPorker on July 06, 2006, 09:15:43 pm
Opening line?  how about this one..

"Camel walks into a bar, the bartender asks, "What'll you have", the camel says 'WATER!"

or

Hot Blond walks into a bar, the bartender asks, "I seem to have lost my cell number, can i have yours?"

the line will move up, there will not be enough money from arkansas to lower the line and bettors will remember last year and be all over usc. if you plan on playing the hogs do it late for more points. if you are going to fade the hogs do it early.

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

hoggin das

Quote from: DevilHog on July 07, 2006, 09:49:15 am
I was a witness to the destruction in LA last year. As much as I love the Hogs, if I were a betting man, I would give the ten and another, and take USC. Lest we forget, it was 70-17.

70-17 is the best think we have going for us.  Their overconfidence and our motivation. Let's hope both emotions stick until game time.

ballinhog

I dont care about the line let em underestimate us...usually im kinda mad because we never get preseason respect but I guess its because we usually dont deserve it and I just wanna think were better than we are...but this year I just have that feeling its gonna be a great year for razorback fans...I can just feel it I know were gonna beat USC so let them come in Fayetteville with their chest held high and their cocky ass were gonna kill yall attitudes...when they leave they will be on a 2 game losing streak...wondering where the hell did that team come from...im telling you were GONNA BEAT USC!!!!!!!

NoMoreNutt

"I expect Arkansas to win, but I am surprised by that line.  I would imagine that heavy betting on USC will drive that line up."- DishHog10

Common', this will be the fan booing the players because they are losing to USC.... I mean give our kids a break we won 4 games last year and beat no one good. Why do you expect our secondary to be able to cover Jarrett and Smith. Mattreial Richardson and Darius Vinnett sure can't. Whoever it is Booty or Sanchez, USC is still a force to be recond with and could be back in the BCS Title game... Yes you didn't hear my twice... I am an Arkansas fan but I'm thinking realisticly... I want to come out of that game feeling good. I'd rather lose that game and have a good year then win that game and go on to a 5-7 record. Remember Houston Nutt crying after we beat Ole Miss? LOL
"Gabriel's trumpet will produce you from the ass of a pig!"- Al Swearengen

hogsNbeer

Quote from: ballinhog on July 07, 2006, 11:41:28 am
I dont care about the line let em underestimate us...usually im kinda mad because we never get preseason respect but I guess its because we usually dont deserve it and I just wanna think were better than we are...but this year I just have that feeling its gonna be a great year for razorback fans...I can just feel it I know were gonna beat USC so let them come in Fayetteville with their chest held high and their cocky ass were gonna kill yall attitudes...when they leave they will be on a 2 game losing streak...wondering where the hell did that team come from...im telling you were GONNA BEAT USC!!!!!!!

Not to rain on you or anything....but that's exactly how many felt before the 2003 season.....With all those returning, we went 4-4 in Conference.... I like the enthusiasm though, but we can't beat USC...

Juboar

Boys, I love the confidence but our record against top ten teams ain't so hot.
I say this despite the fact that the Hogs as home dogs have historically been a better than average bet. 

I might take the points if the game was in October but not out of the gate.  We have struggled against decent teams early - USC's third team is better than most we have beat.  BEWARE of the "i love the helment" play. 

ballinhog

Quote from: hogsNbeer on July 07, 2006, 11:59:38 am

Not to rain on you or anything....but that's exactly how many felt before the 2003 season.....With all those returning, we went 4-4 in Conference.... I like the enthusiasm though, but we can't beat USC...

I hope the players and coaches dont have your attitude...because if they do then they might as well not even show up...and what the heck does 2003 have to do with 2006?!? Is it like a guarantee that because we were 4-4 in 03 that we are gonna suck year? I understand what your saying about having all the players returning just like that that year but I dont see alot similarities in this team or coaching staff as a whole...theres been alot of changes since then...oh and if u cant even get excited in the preseason when everyone is undefeatsd when can you? this is the best time of year to brag haha

EastexHawg

I think I'll just root for the Hogs...and keep my money in my wallet in this one.

hogsNbeer

Quote from: ballinhog on July 07, 2006, 12:08:16 pm

I hope the players and coaches dont have your attitude...because if they do then they might as well not even show up...and what the heck does 2003 have to do with 2006?!? Is it like a guarantee that because we were 4-4 in 03 that we are gonna suck year? I understand what your saying about having all the players returning just like that that year but I dont see alot similarities in this team or coaching staff as a whole...theres been alot of changes since then...oh and if u cant even get excited in the preseason when everyone is undefeatsd when can you? this is the best time of year to brag haha

Not much of a bragger here....... Just REALITY.....

ballinhog

Quote from: hogsNbeer on July 07, 2006, 12:14:36 pm

different strokes for different folks...i assume theres no reason for you to even watch the game then so have fun with whatever you do on september 2nd

hogsNbeer

Quote from: ballinhog on July 07, 2006, 12:35:42 pm

different strokes for different folks...i assume theres no reason for you to even watch the game then so have fun with whatever you do on september 2nd
Why assume that...... I'll be watching the game..... Nothing can drag me from that, just not overly optimistic as you.....

ballinhog

Quote from: hogsNbeer on July 07, 2006, 12:39:39 pm

Why assume that...... I'll be watching the game..... Nothing can drag me from that, just not overly optimistic as you.....

well lets just agree to disagree...we obviously have different opinions on the upcoming season...anyway were both still hog fans so its all good im just more excited than you...maybe we'll tailgate and drink some beer on it together and continue the discussion when its gametime... haha peace

hogsNbeer

Quote from: ballinhog on July 07, 2006, 12:48:16 pm
Quote from: hogsNbeer on July 07, 2006, 12:39:39 pm

well lets just agree to disagree...we obviously have different opinions on the upcoming season...anyway were both still hog fans so its all good im just more excited than you...maybe we'll tailgate and drink some beer on it together and continue the discussion when its gametime... haha peace

I would certainly enjoy that...

SigPig

I believe that line proves that Arkansas is not being underestimated.  We lost 70-17 last year.  LAST YEAR.  Sure, some things have changed, but come on- 10 points IMO is showing the Hogs a lot of respect.  It could easily be double that.

HatfieldHog

Quote from: SigPig on July 07, 2006, 01:16:57 pm
I believe that line proves that Arkansas is not being underestimated.  We lost 70-17 last year.  LAST YEAR.  Sure, some things have changed, but come on- 10 points IMO is showing the Hogs a lot of respect.  It could easily be double that.

As you have so stated, that line is much better than I expected.  It shows a lot of respect for this Hog Team.  It is amazing to me that there are many that will be dissed by this, fully expecting that the hogs should be favored!  Optimism is one thing, but reality is what we are gonna get on Sept. 2nd.

See ya

ballinhog

Quote from: HatfieldHog on July 07, 2006, 01:41:47 pm
Quote from: SigPig on July 07, 2006, 01:16:57 pm

As you have so stated, that line is much better than I expected.  It shows a lot of respect for this Hog Team.  It is amazing to me that there are many that will be dissed by this, fully expecting that the hogs should be favored!  Optimism is one thing, but reality is what we are gonna get on Sept. 2nd.

See ya

I agree that is showing us respect after last year...my point was that I DONT CARE what the line is...I hope they do underestimate us...frick the line

HatfieldHog

ballinghog, the hope that the '06 hogs will be underestimated, is a pipe dream.  Have you not been paying attention to CFN, SI, and all of the papers in the south lately?  They have all pegged good ole Arkansas as the "Dark Horse" to sneak up into the SEC West race.  Most evaluating services have our backfield rated top 5 in the country.  We will not be overlooked by anyone who plays us this year.

See ya

bolo1010

Am I the only one that gets what ballinhog is saying? I dont think he means everyone will underestimate us...he clearly seems to be talking about USC underestimating us because of what happened last year... the 70-17 thing... I feel the same way he does let them come in with a bighead thinking its gonna be like last year because I promise its gonna be a whole different ballgame

"see ya"

WILL CLINTON

I say wait till the points go up and then bet the house on SC to cover.  the over/under is going to be iffy on this one because of the questions on both offenses.  I would put it at roughly 35-42 points. If this was played at a neutral site, it would be USC -13, cuz 3 is what homefield advantage is worth as far as the lines go.  If you want free money, wait until game day, then take the Trojans and lay the points. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

SigPig

Quote from: dubyacee on July 07, 2006, 02:20:45 pm
I say wait till the points go up and then bet the house on SC to cover.  the over/under is going to be iffy on this one because of the questions on both offenses.  I would put it at roughly 35-42 points. If this was played at a neutral site, it would be USC -13, cuz 3 is what homefield advantage is worth as far as the lines go.  If you want free money, wait until game day, then take the Trojans and lay the points. 
I'm not a very savvy gambler so help me understand- why would you wait for the points to go up before you bet USC? Are you saying it will move in the Hogs favor?  If you believe that USC will cover and that the line will only increase, why wait to bet it on Gameday? I may have misunderstood your post- please explain.

BPPig

I for one think we have a real chance of winning this game even though I am not going to bet unless the line climbs.

SC has lost their top 3 RB's and have QB issues also. If any team in the country underestimates us it will be SC. Our defense was much improved by the end of the year and we only had two losses. I really don't care how many 5 star players SC has on defense Texas sure made them look mortal. I also think that Anderson, Harrison, and Fast Freddie are poised to be star no matter what there ranking was in HS. Our RB's are almost stars now. If it were not for the fact that HDN is coach I would consider 13 points to be a nice line.

I have to agree with SigPig. Why wait till game day if you wish to bet?