Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tommy Kraft Or Twister's announcer for fill in for Chuck Barrett?

Started by Slacker, July 05, 2006, 07:50:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommy Kraft Or Twister's announcer for fill in for Chuck Barrett?

Tommy
86 (89.6%)
Twister's Guy
10 (10.4%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 10, 2006, 07:50:32 pm

Slacker

SupaCrawf

You mean you don't like Jay Catly (sp?), the voice of the Twisters???  Come on, nothing is more exciting than arena football.  ;)

I thought Tommy actually did a pretty good job, seems like he did some show prep.  Jay seems like he just walks in and wings it.
I'm kind of a big deal.

GrizzledHogFan

I've never heard Tommy, but I remember that listening to the Twisters guy was about as much fun as watching grass grow.  Tommy couldn't possibly be worse than that, so I voted for him.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

FayettenamVeteran

Quote from: SupaCrawf on July 05, 2006, 07:59:23 pm
You mean you don't like Jay Catly (sp?), the voice of the Twisters???  Come on, nothing is more exciting than arena football.  ;)

I thought Tommy actually did a pretty good job, seems like he did some show prep.  Jay seems like he just walks in and wings it.

Jake Hatley is the Twisters guy.  

Slacker

Quote from: FayettenamVeteran on July 05, 2006, 08:07:54 pm

And listening to him, is like the previous poster said: "is like watching grass grow". He just has no "pop". Chuck did good getting Tommy to fill in. IMHO.

Hugehogsfan

Jake is a great guy, went to college with him.  He knows a lot about various sports, but isn't a huge Razorback fan which is why he is kinda slow when it comes to speaking about them if no one is calling. 

OklaU

What about Bill Vickery.  Boy he made the show interesting.
"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."

Boared

Didn't Jake Hatley say he was an ASU alum? He'd be a perfect sub on DTS then.
I know that that he has to pimp the Twisters as that's his job, but I'd rather not have to listen to it.

Tommy Craft (sp) does a good job with the show, is polished, and won't subject the listeners to "What are you driving at?". 

hogman64

Jake Hatley is the worst all time radio sports show host.........He took the crown from Schaeffer..

OklaU

Quote from: Fresh Legs on July 05, 2006, 09:53:37 pm
I heard Tommy a few months ago on Sports Rap and thought "they've finally found a replacement for Chuck."

I used to hear him on the morning huddle some I believe.

Your correct he was on the The Morning Huddle with Ernie Whitt.  He is much better now than he was then.  He then went to ESPN Radio 96.3, and I assume they've affliated somehow with the NWA stations.
"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."

HatfieldHog

Tommy and Clay Henry were pretty good together.  If the show were not a sounding block for the U of A seceret police, it might be some quality entertainment.

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

John Rogers

Tommy is a good guy on the radio. I like how he lets callers talk and even respond to his thoughts. HE allows callers to say their point then he gives his point then lets the caller respond again, very caller friendly and that is why I like him. Chuck is sometimes arrogant IMO
"I wish I were you so I could be friends with me"

dman

Last night's show was good.  I hope Tommy gets more airtime.

SupaCrawf

See, he's so bad, he can't even pronounce his own name properly on the air!  :)
I'm kind of a big deal.

hogman64

Quote from: SupaCrawf on July 06, 2006, 09:33:53 am

See, he's so bad, he can't even pronounce his own name properly on the air!  :)

I never could tell if he was saying.........jay catley, jake atley, jake hatley or what.........I just knew he  100% sucked.

Jim Harris

Who is Tommy Kraft? I heard him Monday with Clay and he sounded better than Barrett. I say Tommy takes over the gig from Barrett! Barrett don't know darn.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

arthurhawgerelli

Tommy is very good on the radio.

Radio people, please pay him enough so that he will hang up his referee's whistle. :razorback:

hogmary

Anyone but the Twisters' announcer, please!  Tommy does a good job.

SiriusHog™

I would rather hear that chick from "The Nanny" laughing while running her nails down a chalkboard while Roseanne sings in the background, than to listen to that "voice of the twisters" guy... he sucks..

Boared

Quote from: ScottFaldon on July 06, 2006, 11:02:06 am
Rumor has it Tommy is now the permanent fill-in host when Chuck is out of town.

Thank god. Anyone but Hatley.

Slacker

Quote from: hogman64 on July 05, 2006, 09:44:12 pm
Jake Hatley is the worst all time radio sports show host.........He took the crown from Schaeffer..

Amen.

marty houston

SiriusHog™

Quote from: marty houston on July 06, 2006, 08:47:44 pm
Thanks, well said.  Something I cannot say on the air

are you not allowed to say "the cowboys suck!" on the air either?? ;)

marty houston

I will die first.  Steelers suck though, I will say that

SiriusHog™

Slacker

Quote from: marty houston on July 06, 2006, 10:07:01 pm
I will die first.  Steelers suck though, I will say that

I'm not a Pitt fan but...uh. Didn't they win (by proxie of the refs) the Superbowl last year? How can you say they "SUCK"? Sure as hell beat out their division despite the ref's trying to steal a Superbowl appearance from them.

MCPeePants

Quote from: Hugehogsfan on July 05, 2006, 08:49:06 pm
Jake is a great guy, went to college with him.  He knows a lot about various sports, but isn't a huge Razorback fan which is why he is kinda slow when it comes to speaking about them if no one is calling. 

He tends to talk about the Twisters or Arkansas State as much or more than he does the Hogs.

I don't doubt that he's a great guy and all, but who in the world thought that someone who "isn't a huge Razorback fan" would be a good fill-in host for SportsRap??

HoggerNocker

No question, Tommy is ten times the host than Jake.  Jake would make a fine host of Indians tonight. ;)

bigal

I have got an idea, Put Mike and Grant and Tommy on for Chuck. At least then we would have some true opinions............