Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I am on my way to Balad Sunday and

Started by HamHands, July 04, 2006, 12:45:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HamHands

have a question. Can you watch live Hog games over the internet? I will be there 'til mid October.
One day at a time.

jabohog

Balad, that's about 60 mile north of Bagdad, isn't it? I had a son-in-law over there year before last teaching the soldiers how to put the armor on the vehicles.
I think the football games are delayed on Hogwired and require a subscription.  Good luck to you and the Lord be with you.

HamHands

Yea, it is about 50-60 miles north of Bahgdad. I will be running a sick call for 90 days. I have it a lot easier than most, but it will not be fun.
I predict hot and sandy ;) Happy 4th of July :razorback:

If anybody else has family over there, let me know and I will look for them. I will tell you, I am not going outside Camp Anaconda unless I am ordered.
One day at a time.

casken

YOu can watch jefferson pilot games (or could last year) free, links were always posted when the hogs played by Hogville folks here.  ESPN also has a some type of package that was around a hundred bucks last year from their website.  I am not sure what the package allows as I just browsed over it once.  I got the impression all espn (espn 2?) games were viewable and some might be archived.  I am not sure, however.  Be safe.
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

mossfan3

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

HogHillbilly

Keep your head down man............I just got back from there..............It's pretty limited what they allow you to do over the internet there................They moniter everything...........We got motored 3 to 4 times a day.............Even had some guys attack the main gate a few times......
Before to long, you will be able to sleep through the sirens.............You just got to bed wearing your body armor........It's damn hot this time of year too............In the sun, it usually runs in the 140's..........Food is great though..................If you need any more info, let me know, and I'll answer anything you got......................Stay Cool, and be careful...............
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

HogHillbilly

Just read what I wrote..................Horrible Spelling................Sorry !
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

cubsfan5150

Hey man, I'm over here right now, and I've been in the middle east during football season twice.  I've usually always been able to watch a couple of Razorbacks games every year.  I'd almost assure you that any nationally televised game will be on AFN here.  If I had to bet, I'd say that the USC, Alabama and LSU games will surely be on.  After that, I'm not sure but there is always a lot of college football to be watched over here.  If you need any help with what you think you might need over here, let me know. 
QuoteWest Side Rooter wrote:

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

I'd do the same. LaRussa's a nutjob and would probably throw at his head.
ETA: A bottle of wine, not a baseball.
ETA: Empty bottle, obviously.

WichitaStateRazorback

Porkerpower

so how many in this thread right now are in or going to IRAQ?

HamHands

July 04, 2006, 10:41:23 pm #11 Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 10:43:14 pm by HoginHeat
Hey Cubsfan5150, I will be there after going through Bliss for a week. What would I need to pack besides my laptop to play computer games?
What do you really wish you had? I will be running sick call from 0700 to 1500. I should have a lot of down time.
One day at a time.

HatfieldHog

God bless ya, and keep up the good work!

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

cubsfan5150

Quote from: HoginHeat on July 04, 2006, 10:41:23 pm
Hey Cubsfan5150, I will be there after going through Bliss for a week. What would I need to pack besides my laptop to play computer games?
What do you really wish you had? I will be running sick call from 0700 to 1500. I should have a lot of down time.

If you were smart you would download an nintendo emulator of some sort and then download a bunch of games.  Make sure that you bring checks too.  They are having a problem with the TCN's at the BX/Shoppette stealing identities.  Just make sure that you bring a lot of PT/PC clothes.  You sweat a lot here and the next thing you know you are wearing dirty clothes because you haven't done your laundry yet.  If you read, bring a lot of books, although the library here isn't too bad.  The pillows and bedding suck, but you can make due with them.  Umm, other than that, just make sure that you don't burn your laptop power supply.  The power here is 220 instead of 110, but there are transformers everywhere and you can buy power strips at one of the BXes.  The pool is VERY nice, so bring some swimming trunks and if they didn't issue you sunglasses already, you'll want to bring those.  The pods are nice and have everything you need in them.  If you have any other questions just let me know.  See ya soon.  It'll be the kind of fun you've probably never seen before.
QuoteWest Side Rooter wrote:

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

I'd do the same. LaRussa's a nutjob and would probably throw at his head.
ETA: A bottle of wine, not a baseball.
ETA: Empty bottle, obviously.

SSgt.HOG98

I was there through football season in 2003. that was the worst part. God speed to ya brother!

Shocktheman

Quote from: HoginHeat on July 04, 2006, 10:41:23 pm

Are you a doc?  If so, are you part of the APMC? 

HamHands

Yep, I am a doc. I am with ARNG STARC(-) and will be over there with the 205th Med Sup BN from Illinois. I am actually a Gastroenterologist in Jonesboro, AR. If anybody wants to hook up and talk about hogball or home,just stop by sick call or look me up. donovan.stockdale@us.army.mil
One day at a time.

dana caldwell

man, and i was feeling sorry for myself bc i'm back from vacation.  ::)

godspeed, good luck and thanx to all u guys -- and gals! -- who serve our country.

casken

Quote from: dana caldwell on July 05, 2006, 10:48:35 am

godspeed, good luck and thanx to all u guys -- and gals! -- who serve our country.

Agreed, (hope you had a good vacation btw) I start getting grumpy and then I hear about one of these guys and their sacrifices.  Puts a lump of gratitude in my throat everytime.

Props to all our troops!  WPS :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

Chief Mac

Quote from: HoginHeat on July 04, 2006, 12:45:04 pm
have a question. Can you watch live Hog games over the internet? I will be there 'til mid October.

Good luck over there.  Spent 3 months over there in 2004. 

WPS

Chris
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

dana caldwell

Quote from: casken on July 05, 2006, 11:03:02 am
Quote from: dana caldwell on July 05, 2006, 10:48:35 am

Agreed, (hope you had a good vacation btw) I start getting grumpy and then I hear about one of these guys and their sacrifices.  Puts a lump of gratitude in my throat everytime.

Props to all our troops!  WPS :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

thanx, casken. pretty nice. back to arky to visit friends and family. just wish the mulberry would've been up enough (had to float the illinois river float, sort of like 'It's A Small World' with smelly water but hot chicks)!

HamHands

Thankyou for all your blessings and support.

Cubsfan5150, I'm on my way!
One day at a time.