Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

i know this is some more preseason stuff but who do you think the best WR in the

Started by nwarkboyz#1, July 03, 2006, 04:52:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nwarkboyz#1

i know this is some more preseason stuff, but who do you think will be the best WR in the SEC next year.
In my opinion i think that Tyrone prothro will probelly be the best receiver next year, give me your opinion of who you think will be the best. :razorback:
You wanna know what the hardest thing about being an Ole Miss fan is?........ Telling you're parents that you're gay!..... Arkansas football is my passion. Hating colonel REB is more like a hobby of mine.

Hollywood_HOGan

Sidney Rice from South Carolina

best fr WR?
That will go to Damian Williams

woodhog14

I agree, Sidney Rice will be the best in the SEC.  They said last year, he really didn't know the offense well, and went on instinct a lot and had a great year.  He will be that much better this year because he will know the system better.  News out of Bama land is that Protho will more than likely take a medical redshirt this year. Wincrimson, you got any info on this?

mossfan3

S. Rice would have gone first round this year if that was allowed by the NFL.  He is a beast.

THROWITDEEP

PorkSoda

I gotta say Prothro if he is back to 100%  that guy was amazing.  The game was in slow motion for him.  did you see that catch he made behind the defenders back, and still hanging onto it as they tumbled into the endzone? If Bama hadn't of lost prothro they would have been a national title contender and undefeated in the SEC.  They had the D, they just couldn't score after prothro was out. 
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

rzrbaxfan

Don't forget Earl Bennet of Vandy.  He had more catches last year than Sidney Rice did.  If Vandy has a QB step up, that will be his go to man.

I'm going to be a homer and say Marcus Monk will be the best.  Honorable mention for Protho, Rice, and Bennett.

nwarkboyz#1

Quote from: rzrbaxfan on July 03, 2006, 06:14:28 pm
Don't forget Earl Bennet of Vandy.  He had more catches last year than Sidney Rice did.  If Vandy has a QB step up, that will be his go to man.

I'm going to be a homer and say Marcus Monk will be the best.  Honorable mention for Protho, Rice, and Bennett.

+1 rzrbaxfan
You wanna know what the hardest thing about being an Ole Miss fan is?........ Telling you're parents that you're gay!..... Arkansas football is my passion. Hating colonel REB is more like a hobby of mine.

hogs24

Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

GAMECOCKBOY

i say sidney rice...i dont know if he will have the stats like he had this past year...hopfully we will have our other wrs step up.... to think that no one offered him except us and syracuse coming out of college....the recruiting analyst said he was to slow.... most likely he is going pro after this year..but spurrier wants him to stay one more year...but time will tell if spurrier gets his wish..we redshirted 2 wrs last year and we hope they step there game up oj murdock speedster and freddie brown who is 6'3 or 6'4 could be the next rice...time will only tell
MESS WITH THE FEATHERS U SHALL GET SPURED!!!

GOOO GAMECOCKS!!!

Landonhog

Rice. 
Monk if he was on a different team...  Sad, but true...  He still has two years though!

HatfieldHog

The Kid from South Carolina, Rice!  He is the real deal!  Great hands, great frame, this kid has all the tools.

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

Vandyhog4

I've got to go with Rice on this one.  I like the other names thrown out there, especially Earl Bennett, but don't forget about Dwayne Bowe (LSU) or Mo Massaquoi (UGA).  I could also see somebody at Florida emerging i.e. Dallas Baker or #1 recruit Percy Harvin.  I love Prothro, but health is obviously an issue.

Beaverfever

Rice might end up being the best receiver in the nation after this season.

dmhog v2.0

I would definitely say Prothro if he can make a full recovery from that god-awful injury.

hogfan064

Monk and Rice are similar in many ways.  If Spurrier had Monk he'd be an all american.

Keep an eye on Kenny Mckinley this year.  I think this guy will have a breakthrough year under Spurrier's system.  Especially with Rice getting all the attention.  Mckinley was the guy who had that long reception against us. 

hogsNbeer

I have to say RICE followed very closely by Prothro.....Both will be fun to watch this year...... :razorback:

southeasthog

Gotta be Rice. Prothro is good also but Rice is in a different leaque.

SultanofSwine

I agree that Rice is the guy to beat at the WR position. I can't see Prothro being 100% after that injury.

hogsNbeer

Quote from: dmhog v2.0 on July 07, 2006, 12:28:31 pm
I would definitely say Prothro if he can make a full recovery from that god-awful injury.

that was sick...

NoMoreNutt

"Gabriel's trumpet will produce you from the ass of a pig!"- Al Swearengen

dmhog v2.0

Quote from: hogsNbeer on July 07, 2006, 03:04:41 pm

that was sick...
Quote from: hogsNbeer on July 07, 2006, 03:04:41 pm

that was sick...

That and the Theisman injury are the only two times I've ever had to look away from the TV. Prothro's snappage made my ankle hurt and I was walking super-careful for the next week. It messed me up in the head, man.

nwarkboyz#1

Quote from: NoMoreNutt on July 07, 2006, 03:16:58 pm
Percy Harvin will be the best WR in the SEC next year.

i dont think he will, there are to many good experienced recievers in the sec for harvin to take the best, but if he starts i think he will help florida out. I still stand by prothro being the best in the sec next year closely followed by rice.

SiriusHog™