Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Let's all concentrate on our roles this weekend as fans!

Started by CorningHog, October 10, 2005, 02:54:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CorningHog

I know we are all expert arm chair QB's and we all feel the same way (mostly) about the program and where it is headed or where it is at.

But, sitting at War Memorial Stadium Saturday night, it did dawn on me that even though we may dislike the "State of the Hogs" the Razorback team needs fans that will cheer.

For a minute it seemed that the fans were not going to cheer much.  At 3 to 2 it was looking iffy.  Very half hearted when ULM had the ball.  It picked up and the game became enjoyable.  Yes, Arkansas did not exactly overpower L-Monroe until later in the game but regardless they disposed of them in a strong fashion overall.

There are still holes in the defense and the new "scheme" that worked against ULM may not work against others.

The two freshman backs are fantastic and it is apparent to all now.  Yes, Vanderbilt should have been a win and with #5 and #25, it would most certainly have been one.  That is in the past now.

Let's act like Razorback fans and cheer for our team.  Focus on Auburn and fight to the end of the game with our voices and cheer loudly.  Expect a dogfight on this one.  Yes, Auburn has a great defense, again!  Their offense is opportunisitic and they have a little better passing game than we do.  It will come down to who wants it the most and our team needs us to show we are in their corner.

One thing is apparent, a coaching change will happen if the "wheels" fall off this season.  The wheels haven't fallen off yet.  The Vandy game was Houston's fault and he should admit it.  In one way, he already has.  The running backs that are winning games for us, or have won the last game, are not the one that was supposed to at Vandy.

At least Nutt is going for the win now and that is something to be happy about.

GO HOGS!

BEAT AUBURN!
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

GrizzledHogFan

The wheels may not have fallen off, but they are very, very loose.  I think we can simultaneously say Go Hogs! and Fire Nutt!
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

SirCHog

Auburn had better hope South Carolina "tuned" their defense because if we stick to the run, we will grind them down.

corndo

I'll give Houston this, it has looked like the "wheels" were going to come off more than once in his tenure at the UofA and somehow he always manages to keep them on and in the process, keep his job. I believe that the Administration is eventually going to have to ask themselves if they are ok with the product that we keep seeing year after year. I think some people are still of the mindset that at least we are better than we were in the early/mid 90's.

The_Bionic_Pig

This may be the icing on the cake to also finish up our basketball recruiting with a great showing by the fans!!! 

Thaddeus by the numbers
2004-2005 basketball season:

24.3 points
3.4 steals
6.3 assists
3.2 blocks
13.1 rebounds
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hog1751

I think Nutt has one more year of the wheels falling off and then him putting them back on. If it happens again next year he is gone. However I believe Nutt will be here when we kick off against La Monroe next year regardless of what happens this year.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: CorningHog on October 10, 2005, 02:54:03 pm
Let's act like Razorback fans and cheer for our team. Focus on Auburn and fight to the end of the game with our voices and cheer loudly. Expect a dogfight on this one. Yes, Auburn has a great defense, again! Their offense is opportunisitic and they have a little better passing game than we do. It will come down to who wants it the most and our team needs us to show we are in their corner.

Frank you, traitor.
[CENSORED]!

Queen Hog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on October 10, 2005, 05:10:38 pm
Quote from: CorningHog on October 10, 2005, 02:54:03 pm
Let's act like Razorback fans and cheer for our team. Focus on Auburn and fight to the end of the game with our voices and cheer loudly. Expect a dogfight on this one. Yes, Auburn has a great defense, again! Their offense is opportunisitic and they have a little better passing game than we do. It will come down to who wants it the most and our team needs us to show we are in their corner.

Frick you, traitor.

That wasn't very nice.  Did you forget to take your midol?
I lub me some HOGS!!!

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.
Helen Keller