Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maisel on the Broyles desicion about Auburn PPV

Started by Foots, October 10, 2005, 12:43:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Foots

This was in Ivan Maisel's 3-point stance on ESPN.com. Sorry if anyone has already mentioned it.

3. Arkansas athletic director Frank Broyles has withheld permission from Auburn to show their Oct. 15 game on pay-per-view. Funny, but Auburn granted Broyles that same permission at least twice in the last decade. Is whatever marketing reason Broyles has worth the bad blood he'll generate within the SEC? Nope.

corndo

Couldn't have said it better myself! One question, when did Broyles ask the same thing of Auburn? I can't recall when that happened.

DisplacedHogFan

Wow I had no idea he'd asked them for PPV twice...that just makes him look even more like a miser  :-[

Lando Calrissian

Are we even sure that Frank is aware of what PPV (Pay Per View) is?
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

corndo

I didn't think about that - good  point. Has Frank hit the century mark yet?

Hog1751

He should have allowed it but regardless Auburnt needs to quit whining. Maybe if Auburn had played anybody with a pulse to this point than maybe just maybe CBS, or ESPN would pick it up. Yeah Arkansas sucks so far this season but if either netrwork thought for a second Auburn was a title contender, they would pick our game over the UGA/ Vandy game. Auburn is just as responsible for the no tv bs as Arkansas is.

Biggus Piggus

Oh come on.  You're blaming Auburn?  ARKANSAS is the no-draw here, skippy.  Good lord.  Did you forget about that?  What a freaking oversight.
[CENSORED]!

Hog1751

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on October 10, 2005, 05:37:19 am
Oh come on. You're blaming Auburn? ARKANSAS is the no-draw here, skippy. Good lord. Did you forget about that? What a freaking oversight.

No I believe I said we suck right now but Auburn HASNT PLAYED ANYBODY and neither one of the networks think they are for real obviously. Auburns whiny ass fans need to shut the hell up. Auburn says we did it for Arkansas in 98, well they also payed the referees off and stole a game from us in 2003, so screw Auburn. WE WILL KICK THERE ASS this weekened and they'll be glad it wasnt on tv.

UAbandalum

I'll be at a wedding in Bartlesville, and I'm glad.  While not on the scale of the USC dissection, my prediction is that we're going to get a mudhole stomped in us . . . . .

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: Hog1751 on October 10, 2005, 05:41:02 am
Oh come on. You're blaming Auburn? ARKANSAS is the no-draw here, skippy. Good lord. Did you forget about that? What a freaking oversight.

No I believe I said we suck right now but Auburn HASNT PLAYED ANYBODY and neither one of the networks think they are for real obviously. Auburns whiny ass fans need to shut the hell up. Auburn says we did it for Arkansas in 98, well they also payed the referees off and stole a game from us in 2003, so screw Auburn. WE WILL KICK THERE ASS this weekened and they'll be glad it wasnt on tv.

what about out of state hog fans that would like to watch the game?

Fack us I guess, huh?

UAbandalum

Quote from: Pragmatic PiG on October 10, 2005, 08:38:00 am
what about out of state hog fans that would like to watch the game?

Fack us I guess, huh?
Trust me, you're not missing anything . . . . .

mikeirwin

This will bite Arkansas down the road. There will come a time when the Hogs are hot and Auburn's not and Razorback fans will be denied a pay per view.
It won't hurt Frank. It will hurt the fans. That's why he makes decisions like this. It's no skin off his.......

corndo

Quote from: Hog1751 on October 10, 2005, 05:41:02 am

Have you forgotten that Auburn is ranked #21 in the nation? Someone out there must think they are a pretty good team. CBS does not care if a team is overrated or even if they are that good - they care about which game will draw the most viewers - period. If you remember, they passed on the Ark/Alabama game as well - and that wasn't b/c of Alabama. It was b/c Ark just got beat by Vandy and humiliated at USC. Heck, they took Kentucky vs. Florida over that game! The bottom line is they have very little respect for the Hogs right now and they believe that it won't be a close game.