Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who still thinks we beat Georgia?

Started by JIHawg, October 10, 2005, 12:22:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JIHawg

or LSU for that matter.  Hell, we're a 7 point underdog to Auburn, who ain't played nobody.

Let's change the song to "Who's number 1?  we're number fifty one".

Bomis Hawg

7 point home dogs to Auburn?  Thats a sign of some sort respect out there.  Very shocked Arkansas isn't double-digit favorites.

Guess people are laying money on Arkansas, right now.

corndo

I think it all has to do with match-ups. I guess the people betting on the game feel like we match up well at home with Auburn and I'm sure that they are taking into account our history of playing them a good game. Sometimes the professionals betting on the game in Vegas  know more about your local team than you do!

toshortrock

liike i said weeks ago,we wil win only three
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

Hog1751

Quote from: toshortrock on October 10, 2005, 01:00:30 am

Thats insane, Ole Miss, Miss State and USC are definite wins have you watched any of those teams play,.

juke

PigKahuna

I'm not sure what your point is.  Tenn or Florida isn't beating Georgia either.

JIHawg

Quote from: PigKahuna on October 10, 2005, 07:44:16 am
I'm not sure what your point is. Tenn or Florida isn't beating Georgia either.

There was a string last week of posters who thought we could win out.  After watching Tn/Ga Saturday, I wonder if any of them still think so regarding Georgia.

HogFather

Tomhog™

Quote from: Hog1751 on October 10, 2005, 05:37:09 am

Thats insane, Ole Miss, Miss State and USC are definite wins have you watched any of those teams play,.

Think we already lost to USC... OH, you mean South Carolina.  I have that nightmare of a game in CA etched in my brain....  :-\

corndo

Quote from: juke on October 10, 2005, 07:19:59 am
South Carolina is not a gimme.

The only "gimmie"in my mind is Ole Miss. USC could put it together and surprise some people, MSU has played some good teams close for at least a half and they almost beat us last year. I believe that we will win those games, but we will have to wait and see.

artyhog

I, for one, believe that the Hogs can and will win out. ;D

JJHog

Quote from: JIHawg on October 10, 2005, 12:22:16 am
or LSU for that matter. Hell, we're a 7 point underdog to Auburn, who ain't played nobody.

Let's change the song to "Who's number 1? we're number fifty one".

No--LSU, GA

Maybe--Auburn, SC

Yes--Miss, MIss St

Outside shot at 6 wins

" Think Right, Do Right"

HogInMemphis

or LSU for that matter.  Hell, we're a 7 point underdog to Auburn, who ain't played nobody.

Let's change the song to "Who's number 1?  we're number fifty one".

"Still"?  This implies that someone thought the Hogs would beat Ga. If you ever thought that, you should not ever watch college football again and you damn sure should never post on a public internet board again.

JDW

NO game is a gimmie. Remember Vandy?

I had mentioned earlier in the week that we might catch GA looking past us and possibly pulling out a win, but that would have to be a BIG possiblity for that.

LSU? Might catch'em in the same situation.

But right now in my book I have us loosing to both.

GrizzledHogFan

I have to disagree.  There's no such thing as a definite win for us this season.  I think we'll beat one of the Mississippi schools, and lose a close game to S. Carolina.  And yes, I have watched all of them play.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

GrizzledHogFan

or LSU for that matter. Hell, we're a 7 point underdog to Auburn, who ain't played nobody.

I'm surprised we're only 7 point underdogs to Auburn.  I think we'll lose by 10-14.  And no, I don't think we'll beat Georgia or LSU.

Gman

I say we had our last win Saturday.

return2glory

Quote from: JDW on October 10, 2005, 01:01:27 pm

NO game is a gimmie. Remember Vandy?

I had mentioned earlier in the week that we might catch GA looking past us and possibly pulling out a win, but that would have to be a BIG possiblity for that.

LSU? Might catch'em in the same situation.

But right now in my book I have us loosing to both.

While we might catch Georgia looking ahead to someone else (they play Florida the next week), we aren't going to catch LSwho looking at anyone. It's the last game of the season, and they could very easily be looking at 2nd place in the West, which means no championship game.

Rhyno_Hawg

We have a better shot at beating LSU than UGA.

That defense can stop anyone, especially teams that are one demensional.

Other than that, I can see us winning out after a good performance vs Auburn.

The defense is starting to pick up the scheme, special teams have been awesome, and we can run on anybody. The question is, can RJ complete enough passes to allow us to score. Every team will stack the box the rest of the year.

Playaction out of the I-formation will be deadly, especially on first down. The question is will HDN call it, or if he does, will we execute.

The team is growing up. Better late than never I guess.

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: PulledPork on October 10, 2005, 02:52:35 pm
I want some of what you guys are smokin :P

No way we beat Georgia, Auburn or LSU. Case in point concerning the defense, anyone remember the bowl game with OU a few years back. We had a helluva defense and a much better offense than we do now. I think the end result was OU-10 UA-3. Now we are in the situation of our defense getting better but the offense more predictable than WWE Raw. We won't sneak up on anyone because we haven't learned how to sneak yet 8)

And one other thing, just because someone (Georgia, Auburn) might be looking past us, doesn't mean they won't beat us, just won't beat us as bad. :puke:

Oh come on.  We all know Houston is just keeping our top secret lethal passing offense under wraps until the right moment, and then we'll strike.  It will be a total annihilation of Auburn.  Just wait and see.  ;)

Hog1751

Who says we have zero percent shot at beating Georgia. Arkansas has a 50/50 shot at winning every game they play until, the game is over and then its either 100% a win or 100% a loss. Geesh how could anyone say ever say there is no way we win. Who thought we would beat Auburn in 02, or Tennessee in 99, Texas in 03, Who thought we would come back from 21 down to beat Bama in 03. Who thought we would lose to UK in 02, or to Vandy in 05. Theres more but I dont care, no ONE SHOULD EVER SAY WE HAVE NO CHANCE AT WINNING. Its a friggin ball game both teams have a 50/50 shot of winning or losing.

Hog Bounty Hunter

No but I've seen Arkansas and no game is a "giveme".

DarkHelmet

Quote from: JJHog on October 10, 2005, 12:57:42 pm

No--LSU, GA

Maybe--Auburn, SC

Yes--Miss, MIss St

Outside shot at 6 wins

only part i agree with is the NO part

plz dont think because we can run over LA-Monoe that we are in a position to beat an SEC team

we still have a nervous QB who makes bad decisions, a nervous coach who makes bad decisions, and a Sun Belt level defense

we probably beat Miss St in LR.. the other games are toss ups at best or blow outs at worst.

JDW

You guys are alway so positive.

I'm getting offline before I  :puke: after thinking about what such great support you "fans" are.

Later.

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: JDW on October 10, 2005, 05:02:57 pm

You guys are alway so positive.

I'm getting offline before I :puke: after thinking about what such great support you "fans" are.

Later.

Here we go again...