Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WHERE'S MM?

Started by arkhogball, October 09, 2005, 09:47:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

arkhogball

Marcus Monk!

I think we all agree that is one of the best receivers in the game.
If you have a 6'6" receiver you would have him in the game if there was a chance of throwing in the end zone.
I counted 10 plays insid the 30 yard line when MM was not on the field.

Granted it had no major impact against ULM, but would you not want him on the field.  Even if you don't plan on throwing to him, he needs to be out there as a resposibility of the defense to worry about.

Just something I noticed last night.

I think HDN is a great head coach, and his pride may be his end here at the UofA.  If he would give the offense over to someone else I think he would be very successful.

jblack19

Yep, we need to use MM more, and need to throw more down field. You need the short passing game, but work the longer ones in there as well. Definately need an OC! One that calls 100% of the plays.

DOGALUM

I agree with you guys! ???  Can you believe it?!?!  One problem is that we don't have a QB on campus that is a "complete" passing QB.  Nobody I've seen can throw an accurate, on a rope, long ball.  Nobody can throw an accurate deep slant.....or an accurate fade.  But the good news is.....Mitch Mustain can.  He can do all those things as well as read defenses.  Believe me....he could take a 2 day crash course on the Razorback offense, and take our passing game to another level.....right now. 
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

arkhogball

Quote from: DOGALUM on October 09, 2005, 10:05:02 pm
I agree with you guys! ??? Can you believe it?!?! One problem is that we don't have a QB on campus that is a "complete" passing QB. Nobody I've seen can throw an accurate, on a rope, long ball. Nobody can throw an accurate deep slant.....or an accurate fade. But the good news is.....Mitch Mustain can. He can do all those things as well as read defenses. Believe me....he could take a 2 day crash course on the Razorback offense, and take our passing game to another level.....right now.

That's what I'm hoping for.  Even the ESPNU commentators said he can throw passes that most college QBs can't make.
I hope MM brings his system with him to the Hogs (if you know what I mean).

jblack19

I agree with you guys! ??? Can you believe it?!?! One problem is that we don't have a QB on campus that is a "complete" passing QB. Nobody I've seen can throw an accurate, on a rope, long ball. Nobody can throw an accurate deep slant.....or an accurate fade. But the good news is.....Mitch Mustain can. He can do all those things as well as read defenses. Believe me....he could take a 2 day crash course on the Razorback offense, and take our passing game to another level.....right now.

hah, Well I wont tell anyone. I have a good question though. Will there be a QB controversy if and when MM gets here? God, I  hope he does come.

arkhogball

Better be no controversy!

DOGALUM

Quote from: jblack19 on October 09, 2005, 10:11:29 pm

hah, Well I wont tell anyone. I have a good question though. Will there be a QB controversy if and when MM gets here? God, I hope he does come.
Only if Houston lets there be one.  On the field....if he plays half as good as he is capable of, there won't be any question as to who is the better QB.

jblack19

I havent seen MM play, but with everything it shows hes da man!

DOGALUM

Quote from: arkhogball on October 09, 2005, 10:07:53 pm

That's what I'm hoping for. Even the ESPNU commentators said he can throw passes that most college QBs can't make.
I hope MM brings his system with him to the Hogs (if you know what I mean).
Look to December for some news on that! (if you know what I mean!)

jblack19

Quote from: DOGALUM on October 09, 2005, 10:13:34 pm
Quote from: jblack19 on October 09, 2005, 10:11:29 pm

hah, Well I wont tell anyone. I have a good question though. Will there be a QB controversy if and when MM gets here? God, I hope he does come.
Only if Houston lets there be one. On the field....if he plays half as good as he is capable of, there won't be any question as to who is the better QB.
I seriously would like to see a OC with 100% control brought in.  LOL.. come on.. were playing nice..  :razorback:

arkhogball

I'm counting the days.  Hope we can get a recommit as well.

jblack19

Quote from: arkhogball on October 09, 2005, 10:16:00 pm
I'm counting the days. Hope we can get a recommit as well.
I would rather have an autograph.. lol

DOGALUM

Quote from: arkhogball on October 09, 2005, 10:16:00 pm
I'm counting the days. Hope we can get a recommit as well.
Don't hold your breath on that one.   I guess it just depends on who you listen to.  Some say it will happen....some say no way in hell.  Personally, I don't think it will, but there's alot of time between now and signing day.