Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A long shot at a bowl

Started by hogfan13, October 09, 2005, 04:42:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan13

Some facts I've compiled has seen to me we have a 40% chance to qualify for a Bowl

Sat, Oct 15   Auburn*  -   Fayetteville, Ark. 

Sat, Oct 22   Georgia*  -   at Athens, Ga.   

Sat, Nov 05   South Carolina* (HC)  -   Fayetteville, Ark.   

Sat, Nov 12   Ole Miss*  -   at Oxford, Miss.   TBA     

Sat, Nov 19   Mississippi State*  -   Little Rock, Ark.   .     

Fri, Nov 25   LSU*  -   Baton Rouge, La.   

South Carolina,Ole miss,Auburn,& Miss st Have a combined record of 10-10 and those teams Teams are the most likely teams we can beat.But Georgia,& LSU have a combined record of 8-1

What do you think

corndo

Next week will tell us a lot. If we win we could possibly go to a bowl, if not, it is over.

Thehammer

Any chance at a bowl will either begin or end this coming Saturday.   Nutt promised fans at a fish fry that the hogs would go back to a bowl this year earlier in the summer at a Razorback club rally.  I think it was in Bentonville.   Probably was already counting the Vandy game as automatic. 

DisplacedHogFan

Quote from: hogfan13 on October 09, 2005, 04:42:09 pm
Some facts I've compiled has seen to me we have a 40% chance to qualify for a Bowl

Sat, Oct 15 Auburn* - Fayetteville, Ark.

Sat, Oct 22 Georgia* - at Athens, Ga.

Sat, Nov 05 South Carolina* (HC) - Fayetteville, Ark.

Sat, Nov 12 Ole Miss* - at Oxford, Miss. TBA

Sat, Nov 19 Mississippi State* - Little Rock, Ark. .

Fri, Nov 25 LSU* - Baton Rouge, La.

South Carolina,Ole miss,Auburn,& Miss st Have a combined record of 10-10 and those teams Teams are the most likely teams we can beat.But Georgia,& LSU have a combined record of 8-1

What do you think

To make it to a bowl we must beat Auburn, then take care of business against South Carolina, Ole Miss, and Miss State (all teams we have more TALENT than, not necessarily gimme teams this year [see Vanderbilt game]). I just don't see how we can beat LSU or Georgia this year. The homer in me wants to say we can, but they are just way more talented than us and unless something crazy happens they will most likely beat us. 6-5 is about the best we can hope for this year and a trip to the Indy Bowl. Or at least if we go to a piddling bowl, I hope it's the Indy since I'm here in Shreveport. Call me selfish if you will!  :D Not a great year, by any stretch of the imagination but would be much better than what most people expected this year. I hope we can keep the commits we have right now and add a few defensive studs because several more pieces to the puzzle are arriving next year...mainly a one Mr. Mitch Mustain. To quote HDN...he's "special" and we are a great quarterback away from having a great team.

DisplacedHogFan

Quote from: Thehammer on October 09, 2005, 04:47:27 pm
Any chance at a bowl will either begin or end this coming Saturday. Nutt promised fans at a fish fry that the hogs would go back to a bowl this year earlier in the summer at a Razorback club rally. I think it was in Bentonville. Probably was already counting the Vandy game as automatic.

Yep his job is gonna be harder now...gotta replace that Vandy loss with an Auburn win...much tougher road to hoe.

WilsonHog

I don't believe we'll win either of the next two, which would leave us at 2-5.

We should beat Ole Miss and Mississippi State, could beat South Carolina. I don't believe we'll win all three.

I don't see us beating LSU in Baton Rouge.

Looks like 4-7 or possibly 5-6 to me.

DisplacedHogFan

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 09, 2005, 04:51:03 pm

We should beat Ole Miss and Mississippi State, could beat South Carolina. I don't believe we'll win all three.

Not disputing your observations there, but why do you think we can't beat Auburn? They haven't done anything to really impress me this year. I think they are a very beatable team. Question is...will our offense and defense both show up for the game. I think if they do we might have a shot...if they don't...well then it'll be ugly.

WilsonHog

Quote from: DisplacedHogFan on October 09, 2005, 04:53:12 pm

Not disputing your observations there, but why do you think we can't beat Auburn? They haven't done anything to really impress me this year. I think they are a very beatable team. Question is...will our offense and defense both show up for the game. I think if they do we might have a shot...if they don't...well then it'll be ugly.

I believe their defense will shut us down. Against better defenses we're basically relying on getting one or two of HDN's "home runs" from McFadden or Jones. I think Auburn's offense will score 17 or more, and that'll be about all they need.

Could be a 17-7 game going into the fourth before our defense finally wears out from being on the field all night.

DisplacedHogFan

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 09, 2005, 04:56:58 pm
Quote from: DisplacedHogFan on October 09, 2005, 04:53:12 pm

I believe their defense will shut us down. Against better defenses we're basically relying on getting one or two of HDN's "home runs" from McFadden or Jones. I think Auburn's offense will score 17 or more, and that'll be about all they need.

Could be a 17-7 game going into the fourth before our defense finally wears out from being on the field all night.

You could be right. I'm not looking forward to my "Pick 'Em" this week....gonna be a hard game to predict. Auburn's QB may help us score some...keep that in mind! He likes to throw interceptions.  ;D

dagnamit

would you really want the Hogd to go...lol

DisplacedHogFan

Quote from: devilpimpdaddy on October 09, 2005, 06:01:16 pm
would you really want the Hogd to go...lol

To a bowl? Most certainly....why not?

Gman

Sorry to be such a drag, but it is my firm opinion that we witnessed our final win of the season last night.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: hogfan13 on October 09, 2005, 04:42:09 pm

Sat, Oct 15 Auburn* - Fayetteville, Ark.

Sat, Oct 22 Georgia* - at Athens, Ga.

Sat, Nov 05 South Carolina* (HC) - Fayetteville, Ark.

Sat, Nov 12 Ole Miss* - at Oxford, Miss. TBA

Sat, Nov 19 Mississippi State* - Little Rock, Ark. .

Fri, Nov 25 LSU* - Baton Rouge, La.

What do you think

The only way THIS team is going to a bowl is if someone buys team members tickets....The SEC will kill us this year. The Hogs will NOT play in a bowl......IMHO
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******