Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It makes me mad to think we had 2 weeks to prepare for Monroe

Started by razorsharp94, October 09, 2005, 03:15:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorsharp94

and we looked like CRAP.  I don't care if we won the game 44-15.  We sucked all except the third quarter and then we just did what we were supposed to do.  We were running one receiver routes all night long.  If it hadn't been for McFadden and Jones we lose that ball game.  I just can't believe we had two weeks to prepare and especially the first half we looke unorganized and just plain clueless.  There's no excuse for lack of preparation.  It's simple we need a new head coach.  I have been on the Nutt bandwagon but it's time for a change. 

rococco

don't worry we were just keeping our stellar passing attack under wraps for the auburn game... yeah houston is that secure in its awesomeness thats why he even decided to wait one more week for the unveiling of Rod "the Answer" Coleman.... beware auburn cause Johnson and the Nutts are gonnaslap you around the field... ;)
Hogville is watching...

Thehammer

Quote from: razorsharp94 on October 09, 2005, 03:15:58 pm
and we looked like CRAP. I don't care if we won the game 44-15. We sucked all except the third quarter and then we just did what we were supposed to do. We were running one receiver routes all night long. If it hadn't been for McFadden and Jones we lose that ball game. I just can't believe we had two weeks to prepare and especially the first half we looke unorganized and just plain clueless. There's no excuse for lack of preparation. It's simple we need a new head coach. I have been on the Nutt bandwagon but it's time for a change.

The 1 receiver routes will continue as long as Nutt is your head coach;  OC or not.   I was disgusted with our kicking game in all phases.   Blocked PAT.  Allowed a fake fg for a touchdown.  Couldn't recover a sure onside kick.  Shibest is our special team and wide receiver coach.   No more needs to be said.

CarolinaHog1176

and we looked like CRAP. I don't care if we won the game 44-15. We sucked all except the third quarter and then we just did what we were supposed to do. We were running one receiver routes all night long. If it hadn't been for McFadden and Jones we lose that ball game. I just can't believe we had two weeks to prepare and especially the first half we looke unorganized and just plain clueless. There's no excuse for lack of preparation. It's simple we need a new head coach. I have been on the Nutt bandwagon but it's time for a change.

I'm sure that it won't be said publicly, but do you think that maybe they practiced the ULM gameplan for only a few days and worked on our next SEC game the rest of the 2 weeks?  good grief, we win but it's not good enough.  I hate the 1 WR routes as well and would like to see 3-4 wide formations, but there's got to be a reason why we don't do that....  could be our OL, or our freshmen RB's... who knows.
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

Golfer

If we should beat Auburn, which noone predicts, there would be some that would complain because we didn't win by more, or that we didn't throw the ball enough, or we didn't run enough.  Some people's calling in life, seems to be complaining and being negative. Some can't be complimentary no matter the situation,if it doesn't fit their agenda.

TulsaHawg

And you are full of CRAP!

We had 440 yards of offense.  RJ completed 70% of his passes.   (Donovan McNAbb completed only one more pass today than did RJ and he had severeal more attempts.)

We had 29 first downs.

Skinner averaged 46 ypp.

The D played a lot better.  They didn't give up a huge play for the first time this year.  Show improvement.

Better clock management.

Kickoffs were good and deep for the most part.

Overall, the Hogs showed improvement and did what they were supposed to do..... The Hogs won the game by a similar score as diid UGA against ULM.

RebelliousHog

I think the point many people are trying to make here is that while the Hogs have a reasonably good rushing attack, without a good passing attack we are susceptible to being shutdown or at least kept out of the end zone by decent SEC teams. The 2 attacks go hand in hand. They compliment each other. A good passing attack keeps defenses from loading the box with 8 men. A good running attack keeps the safeties from keying on the deep passing routes.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Dances With Hogs

I thought Nutt called a great game and I feel we will beat Alburn and will do it by passing game.You should give Houston credit for beating a top team in their comnference.quote author=razorsharp94 link=topic=29615.msg302194#msg302194 date=1128888958]