Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thank god for opponents like Missouri St. and La-Mo

Started by HogInMemphis, October 09, 2005, 01:56:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogInMemphis

or the Hogs might be 0-5 now. Scratch that...would likely be 0-5. If they'd played Okla. St. and Tulsa like they used to instead of Mo St. and La-Mo, Hogs would be 0-5 now.

Sad.

Yesterday's game was the first game in at least 10 seasons that I didn't check online, didn't turn the radio on once for and didn't even think about it until I saw the results in the newspaper this AM. I then went to church and didn't think about it again until I got home and checked Hogville. Even though it's been coming for several years, it's still a bit of a shock when it finally happens that you are no longer interested enough to even check the score once during the game.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: HogInMemphis on October 09, 2005, 01:56:55 pm
or the Hogs might be 0-5 now. Scratch that...would likely be 0-5. If they'd played Okla. St. and Tulsa like they used to instead of Mo St. and La-Mo, Hogs would be 0-5 now.

Sad.

Yesterday's game was the first game in at least 10 seasons that I didn't check online, didn't turn the radio on once for and didn't even think about it until I saw the results in the newspaper this AM. I then went to church and didn't think about it again until I got home and checked Hogville. Even though it's been coming for several years, it's still a bit of a shock when it finally happens that you are no longer interested enough to even check the score once during the game.

I wondered where you were.  Seriously if you are not in a mood to start vomitting from the idiotic posts saying we've "got it together now" or that, "we played a great game" you might want to go watch some NFL.

BTW Jones is on tonight on ESPNHD, i can't wait for that.

HogInMemphis

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on October 09, 2005, 02:02:14 pm

Sad.

I wondered where you were.  Seriously if you are not in a mood to start vomitting from the idiotic posts saying we've "got it together now" or that, "we played a great game" you might want to go watch some NFL.

BTW Jones is on tonight on ESPNHD, i can't wait for that.

If there is anyone out there who thinks the Hogs have "got it together now", they likely thought that after the Mo St. game too. And look what happened the next 3 games after that.  We'll be beaten soundly next week in "tough to win in" RRS. And it's tough to win in for the Hogs, not for their SEC opponents.

TulsaHogFan

One season with a winning record vs SEC teams at home in 5 years.  Thats pathetic.

HogInMemphis

In addition, this will be the first year since the 1997 season that I will not attend a single Hog football game. Was going to the Auburn game next week but have cancelled my motel rooms and never did buy any tickets for the game as I figured I could get them outside the stadium. Was going to attend the Ole Miss game in Oxford but am now going to be out of the country. And was thinking about going to see the Miss. St. game in LR but that game is 3 days after we return from being out of the country and  I won't feel up to driving to LR after being gone so long. Thus, no Hog games for me this year and it doesn't matter to me in the least.

corndo

Come on, we would have at least beaten OSU - ASU played them a good game for goodness sake - they are horrible! Tulsa on the other hand ...

TulsaHogFan

HogInMemphis

Quote from: John Wesley Hardin on October 09, 2005, 07:01:24 pm

Sad.

It's the realization that part of your life has changed forever. You will never feel the same about RAZORBACK ANYTHING. A longtime fried has died, RAZORBACK FOOTBALL. I was a fan for 46 Seasons, but no more. Now I'm just angry at the people that allowed it to happen.

What can you do? Either accept it or let it go. I choose to let it go. I'm 43 and I've watched and/or listened to nearly every game my entire life. This year is the first year that has not happened. All good things come to an end.

JIHawg

I just can't stand the sight of Nutt anymore.  He looks all wonud up, pensive, uptight, his body language is very negative.  I can't watch his show anymore.  If I ever see him giving one of his rah rah speeches again, I know I'll vomit. 

And I'm not a Nutt hater.  I just can't stand the sight of him. 

DisplacedHogFan

Quote from: JIHawg on October 10, 2005, 12:08:12 am

And I'm not a Nutt hater. I just can't stand the sight of him.

Oxymoron if I ever saw one! lol  ;D

DisplacedHogFan

Sad.

HiM, we would beat Okie State this year. Tulsa is decent but they can't stop the run. Adrian Peterson pretty much single handedly beat them...Therefore, I'll say we could probably beat them too (our run game OWNS Oklahoma's this year...they are a one man show). I understand your frustration, but I can say with all honesty that we would most likely beat both those teams this year...and yes I've watched them both play on TV numerous times this year.

chiefsfan

Quote from: corndo on October 09, 2005, 02:24:23 pm
Come on, we would have at least beaten OSU - ASU played them a good game for goodness sake - they are horrible! Tulsa on the other hand ...

you can shove it sir
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

toshortrock

Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////