Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs held hostage, Day 35! . .

Started by Feralhog, October 09, 2005, 09:53:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Feralhog

October 09, 2005, 09:53:36 am Last Edit: October 09, 2005, 10:24:17 am by Feralhog
Remember the old Get Smart program with Don Adams?  Do you recall that Oriental Detective character who would pop up from time to time? 

The way it went was, this detective and Max - Don Adams - would be on a case and  several times throughout the episode, the detective would ask Max what he thought about a particular clue they were observing, and Smart would say something incredibly stupid.  The reaction from the Detective was priceless.  He would pan to the camera, pause, and with perfect timing with an oriental accent, would simply say, "Amasing!"

What I find amazing is people who have the balls to come on a message board, make sports posts for all to see, and expose themselves for their lack of understanding of even the most elementary fundamentals of football.

Let's cover some basics, and then maybe some of you will understand that people aren't griping to be griping.  It has nothing to do with style points!  It has nothing to do with watching an exciting brand of football.  People who are griping about last night understand we threw away an opportunity to grow as a team.

After the game, Quinn Grovey defended Nutt's decision to pound the ball by saying, people are just gonna have to accept the fact that we are gonna run to set up the pass.   That's fine, the problem is when we pass, we aren't taking advantage of anything positive created by our running game.  Nothing like taking that shot 4 or 5 yards downfield hey Quinn?

It should be clear to anyone who understands football, that it is VITAL to have some threat of a passing game to compete with strong teams with winning records in the SEC.  UNDERSTAND THIS!  We are not gonna have a sustained drive against teams like Auburn without mixing in some passes.  Rythim and timing are among the most important things in passing, how much better prepared for Auburn would we be had Johnson thrown the ball 30 times? 

Last night was a wasted opportunity.  Airing it out may have been risky, especially to a coach who's on the hot seat, yet our coach chooses to cover his ass and opt for the sure way out.  He should apologize to his players for letting them down. 

Amasing!      :-\
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

Jerry Swinefeld

Quote from: Feralhog on October 09, 2005, 09:53:36 am

What I find amazing is people who have the balls to come on a message board, make sports posts for all to see, and expose themselves that they obviously do not  comprehend  the most elementary fundamentals of football.

That is because people are able to hide behind a screen name and post anonymously.  Require people to display their real names, and 95% of posts would go bye-bye!  Any idiot can/will criticize/analyze when there is no accountability.

Hog Bounty Hunter

Remember the old Get Smart program with Don Adams?  Do you recall that Oriental Detective character who would pop up from time to time? 

The way it went was, this detective and Max - Don Adams - would be on a case and  several times throughout the episode, the detective would ask Max what he thought of the clue they were observing, and Smart would say something incredibly stupid.  The reaction from the Detective was priceless.  He would pan to the camera, puase, and with perfect timing using his oriental accent, would simply say, "Amazing!"

What I find amazing is people who have the balls to come on a message board, make sports posts for all to see, and expose themselves for the lack of understanding even the most elementary fundamentals of football.

Let's cover some basics, and then maybe some of you will understand that people aren't griping to be griping.  It has nothing to do with style points!  It has nothing to do with watching an exciting brand of football.  People who are griping about last night understand we threw away an opportunity to grow as a team.

After the game, Quinn Grovey defended Nutt's decision to pound the ball by saying, people are just gonna have to accept the fact that we are gonna run to set up the pass.   That's fine, the problem is when we pass, we aren't taking advantage of anything positive created by our running game.  Nothing like taking that shot 4 or 5 yards downfield hey Quinn?

It should be clear to anyone who understands football, that it is VITAL to have some threat of a passing game to compete with strong teams with winning records in the SEC.  UNDERSTAND THIS!  We are not gonna have a sustained drive against teams like Auburn without mixing in some passes.  Rythim and timing are among the most important things in passing, how much better prepared for Auburn would we be had Johnson thrown the ball 30 times?

Last night was a wasted opportunity.  Airing it out may have been risky, especially to a coach who's on the hot seat, yet our coach chooses to cover his ass and opt for the sure way out.  He should apologize to his players for letting them down as their leader. 

Amazing!      :-\

Quinn is one of the losers who was responsible for the hiring of Nutt. He has not credibility in my book. When he comes on the radio I go to the bathroom.

merccedes

Feralhog i agree with lots in your post except i do believe the hogs can have a sustained drive by running the ball agianst Auburn i believe we can take it at the 30 and go 70 yrds for a TD  but also dont believe we cannot win without passing the ball with a little more success than we had against ULM.

Feralhog

October 09, 2005, 10:13:25 am #4 Last Edit: October 09, 2005, 10:24:39 am by Feralhog
Quote from: merccedes on October 09, 2005, 10:09:58 am
Feralhog i agree with lots in your post except i do believe the hogs can have a sustained drive by running the ball agianst Auburn i believe we can take it at the 30 and go 70 yrds for a TD but also dont believe we cannot win without passing the ball with a little more success than we had against ULM.

Amasing!
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

dirty stanchez

Feralhog i agree with lots in your post except i do believe the hogs can have a sustained drive by running the ball agianst Auburn i believe we can take it at the 30 and go 70 yrds for a TD but also dont believe we cannot win without passing the ball with a little more success than we had against ULM.

We just gotta keep getting' betta, Paul.

WilsonHog

Quote from: Feralhog on October 09, 2005, 10:13:25 am

Amazing!

I believe you're on to something...........mind if I use it, too? 

NuttsSacked

Feralhog

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 09, 2005, 10:17:17 am
Quote from: Feralhog on October 09, 2005, 10:13:25 am

Amazing!

I believe you're on to something...........mind if I use it, too?

I'd be flattered.  Knock yourself out!

Feralhog

Quote from: NuttsSacked on October 09, 2005, 10:21:49 am
Amazing! I like it!

I actually changed it a bit.  To do it exactly like the oriental guy he replaced the '"z" sound with an "s".

Amasing!

merccedes

so let me see if i understand this you do not believe the hogs can have a TD drive without putting the ball in the ai? right?

Feralhog

Quote from: merccedes on October 09, 2005, 10:27:09 am
so let me see if i understand this you do not believe the hogs can have a TD drive without putting the ball in the ai? right?

Amasing!

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: merccedes on October 09, 2005, 10:27:09 am
Against Auburn?   lmao, your funny.  If you think we can move the ball DOWN the field without passing it some, your sadly mistaken

hog tied

Ask Oklahoma what it's like to play without a passing attack, and they've got a good coach? You cannot win against SEC teams without a passing attack. You do not have to throw for 300 yards, but you have to have the threat. 

TulsaHogFan

The way it went was, this detective and Max - Don Adams - would be on a case and  several times throughout the episode, the detective would ask Max what he thought about a particular clue they were observing, and Smart would say something incredibly stupid.  The reaction from the Detective was priceless.  He would pan to the camera, pause, and with perfect timing with an oriental accent, would simply say, "Amasing!"

What I find amazing is people who have the balls to come on a message board, make sports posts for all to see, and expose themselves for their lack of understanding of even the most elementary fundamentals of football.

Last night was a wasted opportunity.  Airing it out may have been risky, especially to a coach who's on the hot seat, yet our coach chooses to cover his ass and opt for the sure way out.  He should apologize to his players for letting them down. 

Amasing!      :-\

Absolutly Fantastic post.  Seriously.  Thank you for explaining it to some of these ostriches with their head in the sand.

kremlinhog

feralhog, i made it all weekend without having  to hear any of the propaganda from grovey, etc
i voted for grovey as the biggest vaseline addict and looks like i was right.
just sorry i read your post and had to be reminded me of one thing i hate about hog ball, grovey