Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cedric Logan

Started by dzeppfan77, October 08, 2005, 10:56:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dzeppfan77

I've been disqusted with the team and took break from it. I went out of town for a vacation, maybe I missed something while I was away  but could someone tell me why Cedric Logan is not getting any more looks than he is getting. Is he not having good practices? Is it because "I'm scared to play freshmen" theory or what??? The few times I saw him he looked pretty good.

Thehammer

Quote from: dzeppfan77 on October 08, 2005, 10:56:06 pm
I've been disqusted with the team and took break from it. I went out of town for a vacation, maybe I missed something while I was away but could someone tell me why Cedric Logan is not getting any more looks than he is getting. Is he not having good practices? Is it because "I'm scared to play freshmen" theory or what??? The few times I saw him he looked pretty good.

Well, all we heard in regards to Cedric was "he's not a good blocker and doesn't run pass routes correctly."  Then we here Chuck Barrett  gushing about Cedric's game savvy tonight.   Sort of confusing. 

dzeppfan77

I remembered him making a dazzling catch along the sideline. That may have been during the last scrimmage and I think he made a catch for a pretty good gain in the MO State game. I say let him play.

silvertip

It's about (1) HDN is afraid to pass and (2) our WRs are mainly used to block for the passing game.

Remember, pre-season, all the talk about how "deep" we were in speedy WRs that could finally "stretch" the field with a "vertical" passing game that HDN "really" wanted. Now that we were finally rid of our run-first Matt Jones "problem."

Funny how all that went away after our 2nd pass of the season, isn't it? So now, we're down to taking the red-shirt off our freshman WR Coleman so that he can give us the "speed" that we've been lacking. I sure hope Coleman didn't burn his red-shirt tonight. Last stats I saw, he didn't catch a pass.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

dzeppfan77

I know, we always hear especially before the season start how good our receivers are. Like my uncle said tonight, when the season starts the receivers are never heard from.

Thehammer

Quote from: silvertip on October 08, 2005, 11:16:18 pm
It's about (1) HDN is afraid to pass and (2) our WRs are mainly used to block for the passing game.

Remember, pre-season, all the talk about how "deep" we were in speedy WRs that could finally "stretch" the field with a "vertical" passing game that HDN "really" wanted. Now that we were finally rid of our run-first Matt Jones "problem."

Funny how all that went away after our 2nd pass of the season, isn't it? So now, we're down to taking the red-shirt off our freshman WR Coleman so that he can give us the "speed" that we've been lacking. I sure hope Coleman didn't burn his red-shirt tonight. Last stats I saw, he didn't catch a pass.

All of a sudden, Nutt says that the loss of Chris Baker was a bad blow to the deep passing game.   What a joke.  Baker has not been allowed to do anything but run fly and streak routes.  It just further shows the mis-management of Nutt.

Gman

I don't even know why we have a QB anyway.  Just put your backs in and snap the ball directly to them.  Then we could get some 300lb recievers to block upfield for them. 

dzeppfan77

I saw a little of the Tenn/GA game today and saw Bret Smith catch a few balls downfield. I thought to myself that he made a good decision as a receiver to go to Tenn. I was thinking how great it would be to see us throw the ball like that. With the offensive line and backs we have, if we just had the coach with the right system here....blah, blah, blah. wishful thinking.

idochog

Monk had something like 36 yds receiving tonight, and you wonder why no decent receiver wants to come play for HDN.
I love Jesus!

dzeppfan77

I feel for Monk. He'll say that whatever the team needs to win is what he'll do but he is so talented and would be a star on a team with a well-balanced offense. He would catch so many balls and rack up yards.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: dzeppfan77 on October 08, 2005, 11:38:29 pm
I feel for Monk. He'll say that whatever the team needs to win is what he'll do but he is so talented and would be a star on a team with a well-balanced offense. He would catch so many balls and rack up yards.

Think about it, only people outside of hog fans talking about him are the announcers talking about how he is getting double teamed.

merccedes

Smith has 15 catches on the year 85 yrds yesterday more than double any yardage output for any other game this year. He had 3 catches as a freshman abd 18 as a soph. Compared to Monk 37 catches as a freshman and 20 so far this year so why is he should have went elsewhere.

hog caller

i think mr Broykles used to rather run than pass.  hdn is his trainee and with that type mentality, we will never win a big game. ecept get lucky once in a while.

anyone know why we didn't run right against ULM?

SultanofSwine

Because he is in a WR corp that is made up almost entirely of HS all-americans and he is still on the field making catches, several for TD's.

merccedes

so its better to be a lilttle fish in a big pond than it is to stay in your home state and try to help turn your state football program into something that someday we can be proud of.

Swino

Cedric was looking to transfer last I heard, to Memphis of all places.