2016 NSD Signee List (22) signed

Started by Tomhog™, March 09, 2015, 12:00:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Monteg2610

mhuff

Quote from: Monteg2610 on September 16, 2015, 01:20:16 pm
What Happend to that five star that we got elvin Agim commits

Wat?

If you paddle a canoe down a football field and have five flats, how many pancakes does it take to fill up a doghouse ?

ricepig

Quote from: mhuff on September 16, 2015, 03:48:04 pm
Wat?

If you paddle a canoe down a football field and have five flats, how many pancakes does it take to fill up a doghouse ?

You talking about those Silver Dollar size ones, or hubcap size?

jackflash

this is a great class BB and his staff have started. I could care less what Rivals think of them

jackflash

If speed is a big problem then we need to take  close look at the DB from Arkansas Thomas if his speed is correct

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hog_Swanson

Are we going after any other QB's that Cole Kelly?  His star rating is pretty low.  I know, stars don't mean anything, but at a quick glance, they are low.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

Dropkick

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on October 05, 2015, 11:54:49 am
Are we going after any other QB's that Cole Kelly?  His star rating is pretty low.  I know, stars don't mean anything, but at a quick glance, they are low.
With Town coming in I wouldn't think they take another QB even if Kelly weren't committed.

NLRHog92

Since 1894

Love the new layout format.  Thanks for all the hard work!
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

stahawg

Please update Hayden Johnson's offer list to include Florida State & Nebraska.

jackflash

I don't believe kids who commit to Arkansas gets rated like the should. Tennessee, Auburn and Mississippi always seems to be rated higher. But yet this year we beat all three

yraciv

Does anyone know where the best place to look to see these guy's season stats?  I remember in prior years, we had guys that would give us weekly updates on how our commits are doing.

ZERO

I don't know if you're interested in updating the stars, but I went through the the sites, and we actually no longer have any recruits that are rated under 3* by any of 24/7, Rivals, or Scout. So all of the 2* recruits we had have been updated and bumped up to at least consensus 3* :razorback:

Solid class so far.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Murr

Anyone hear any rumors about linebackers for this recruiting class?  Thanks in advance.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: Murr on December 08, 2015, 12:03:25 am
Anyone hear any rumors about linebackers for this recruiting class?  Thanks in advance.

Oh now, we don't need linebackers, do we? ;)

DeltaBoy

Great looking group of Football Players. Hope we sign them all.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

pigfoot

I saw K. Pollard play several games this year.  He's a 200 pound WR who also returned punts for the team that won class 6-A championship in Georgia and was ranked number 2 highschool team in the nation by USA Today.  He's a good one !!
"...the word, even the most contradictory word, preserves contact.  It is silence which isolates."  Thomas Mann

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

fullfan

Of the 17 commits we currently have, what is your guess as to how many sign with the Hogs?

Tomhog™

Quote from: fullfan on January 07, 2016, 05:13:21 pm
Of the 17 commits we currently have, what is your guess as to how many sign with the Hogs?

This late in the recruiting season, Id say at least 16 will sign if not all 17.  Arkansas has always done a good job at keeping commits, but like all other schools, isn't immune to flipping.

Tomhog™

decommit, really hate losing a LB:

15. Jordan Carmouche
    Position: OLB

24/7 rating:   87       
    ESPN rating:  77
    Rivals rating:  3*
    Scout rating:  3*   

Attributes:     6'0", 216
    Hometown:    Manvel, TX
    Notable offers: Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Stanford, Wisconsin

DeltaBoy

Excited about National Signing Day. 

Hoggish1

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on October 05, 2015, 11:54:49 am

What's this about star ratings?  If CBB wanted him, that was enough rating for me.  Why not you? 

GB-Razorback

Tomhog,

Any chance of adding the committed walk-ons?  Seems that we have some very good ones committing and they deserve the recognition.  Just because they are not on scholarship does not mean they are not committed.

Either way, thanks for all your hard work.
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.<br /><br />Jake: Hit it.

Hoggish1

Just a simple question that has puzzled me for a long time.  For example, Jordan Jones is a 4* with ESPN.  Why don't we use the highest rating out there for a recruit? 

I say if someone has a player higher than Rivals or 247 why not use that rating at the very top in the stickied thread?

Tomhog™

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 21, 2016, 02:12:17 pm
Just a simple question that has puzzled me for a long time.  For example, Jordan Jones is a 4* with ESPN.  Why don't we use the highest rating out there for a recruit? 

I say if someone has a player higher than Rivals or 247 why not use that rating at the very top in the stickied thread?

His score is listed. ESPN and 247 use a 100-point system along with stars.  I just preferred listing with the score. 

fullfan

Is Giovanni taking a page from Carmouche?  RB? :) :razorback:

The real Hogules

I'm pretty sure that LeFrance plays the LB position. He's listed as a TB.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

WooPig90

Tomhog™

14. Kiel Pollard
    Position: WR

24/7 rating:   85       
    ESPN rating:  73
    Rivals rating:  3*
    Scout rating:  4*   

Attributes:     6'1", 200   
    Hometown:    Moultrie, GA
    Notable offers: Cal, Iowa, Kansas, Purdue

removed from the list

moses_007

We've had three de-commits from this current commit list.  I don't remember another year when this many kids have decided to go elsewhere.

pignparadise

"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

MJ2

Only 4 instate recruits?

How many instaters will sign D-1 letters this year?

ShadowTheHedgehog

Don't we have a kicker committed as well as a preferred walk-on?

DukeOfPork

DeltaBoy

Hoggish1

Quote from: Wildhog on March 10, 2015, 11:23:05 am
He's a 5.7 three-star, which is just under a 4-star.  And what about his offer list screams 4-star, anyway? 

Let me be clear, I LOVE this commit.  I think he's a big time talent.  But I get so sick of every time we get a commit from a three-star, all of a sudden there's some Rivals conspiracy.  It's not a good look.

What is there for you about .1?  LMAO about all this .1 BS. 

Take it to the bank, as they say:  There is no difference whatsoever between 5.7 and 5.8, except the .1 that some guy at a computer is assigning to a player he really has no clue about.

Hoggish1

Quote from: PaintballHog on March 11, 2015, 10:12:43 am
I get what you're saying, according to HV every one of our recruits last class should be a 4*, but Capps is a big time player. All the other services have him not only a 4*, but in the middle of the pack of their "Top 300" players list. Rivals whiffed on this one.

The simplest thing to do is grade a player, for our purposes, using the highest rating among the 3, 4, or 20 "recruiting services."

Done.  He's a 4*...

artyhog

Glad to see that we have 4 LB committed and signed, plus a preferred walk-on.

DeltaBoy

Kelly signed so we are well stocked at QB.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: razorbacker3 on September 07, 2015, 05:42:41 pm
And Agim is not a 5-star on scout. #146 ranked player in scout top 300. Lowest of the big 4 recruiting sites. Only ESPN gives him 5 stars. ESPN is the only one to get it right. :razorback:

if he had chosen to go to Bama or LSU or somewhere like that, he would magically be a 5 star on scout and any of the rest of them but since he chose Ark, he just gets 4. 

Congrats McTelvin.  Glad you are a Hog!!!  Looking forward to you terrorizing SEC quarterbacks from the DE position next year.

DeltaBoy

They keep coming in to the Pig Pen.  WPS!