Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Would we beat Arkansas State this year?

Started by Sweet Feet, November 06, 2017, 12:33:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

As bad as we are now, would we still beat Arkansas St in your opinion?

Does a Bear S##t in the woods? Yes!
Lol no. Not even confident vs UCA

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 06, 2017, 09:33:07 pm
And Arkansas beat NMSU worse than ASUj did, and had a conservative 4th Qtr.

Hogs won by 18 at home
ASU won by 16 on the road
Considering Vegas' most frequent home field advantage line of 3 points, we have a toss up.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Seminole Indian

Well if you discount the fact A-State,who had to replace their entire OL, is getting better each week, yes.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Porkchop#1

Quote from: zuko on November 06, 2017, 09:39:24 pm
I don't know, but I often wondered why instead of paying some out of state cupcakes, why not put AS  on the schedule. At least the million we pay them will stay in the state.
It would destroy the Razorback football program, that's why. 

It works in the other 49 states, but we can't do it cuz we's just lil' ole Arkiesaw.

And why in the world would you want to tinker with something that has been such a smashing success like CBB & DJ Jazzy Jeff Long have assembled?  #hashtag# be uncommon#.....#Long on Integrity#

1highhog

Quote from: tbhogfan on November 06, 2017, 03:55:47 pm
If you haven't had the pleasure of seeing Arkansas State play this year, you should.  They clearly don't have the talent that the Hogs do, but they are VERY well coached. 

If the Hogs were as well coached as ASU, we'd be debating about which bowl we're going to, not who our next coach is going to be. 

BTW, we could do a LOT worse than Blake Anderson, IMHO.

This ^^^^!!!!!  We have far better talent than AR. State, it's just our coaching staff that is the difference.  If we had let's say, Georgia's coaching staff, we'd win this game by at least 3 td's.

Poop Hoggy Hogg

Quote from: phadedhawg on November 06, 2017, 01:05:42 pm
I always wanted to see this matchup but now I'm starting to understand the wisdom of the "never play ASU crowd".  ASU would manhandle us for 4 quarters and we'd never hear the end of it. 

So I guess I'm starting to come around on the ASU question.

A-State is a fellow FBS school, so it wouldn't be the end of the world if we lost to them 5% of the time. Granted UCA and UAPB are FCS, but A-State alternates between playing those two schools in Jonesboro every year, and they've lost one time ever to UCA last year, and as you can see UCA is #3 in FCS. and A-State is one of the best teams not in a P5 conference. The world didn't end and they had fun and both grew as programs.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: 1highhog on November 07, 2017, 06:28:46 am
This ^^^^!!!!!  We have far better talent than AR. State, it's just our coaching staff that is the difference.  If we had let's say, Georgia's coaching staff, we'd win this game by at least 3 td's.
Over all talent yes, but they, like most of the better G5's, they have enough talent that they can put together a solid 2-deep most years, which is all you have to have for a game or two a year against a P5.

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Hogwild

Wouldn't be a good year to play them, they have a better team this year then we do.

Totofan

I've seen ASU play on TV.  I wasn't that impressed.  However, I think a game with Arkansas would go down to the wire.

donk

Quote from: tbhogfan on November 06, 2017, 03:55:47 pm
If you haven't had the pleasure of seeing Arkansas State play this year, you should.  They clearly don't have the talent that the Hogs do, but they are VERY well coached. 

If the Hogs were as well coached as ASU, we'd be debating about which bowl we're going to, not who our next coach is going to be. 

BTW, we could do a LOT worse than Blake Anderson, IMHO.
This