Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March 28, 2024, 12:22:25 pm

A Joyful Perspective

Started by Hawgphat, March 17, 2018, 06:57:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgphat

All those with whom I interact personally bring a measure of joy into my life; - - - some with their arrival, - - - and some with their departure.

:-*

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Hawgphat on March 17, 2018, 06:57:12 pm
All those with whom I interact personally bring a measure of joy into my life; - - - some with their arrival, - - - and some with their departure.

:-*
I have another way of looking at life. Just try to "keep it on the road and out of the ditches" and you should be fine. As we all know the ditches are where most of the trouble lurks. ;) :) ;D 8)

Hawgphat

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on March 19, 2018, 11:52:44 pm
I have another way of looking at life. Just try to "keep it on the road and out of the ditches" and you should be fine. As we all know the ditches are where most of the trouble lurks. ;) :) ;D 8)

Unfortunately, - - -  for some among us, the lure of "the ditches" along "The Road Of Life" is quite strong, causing them  - at times - to run off the road and suffer very consequential impacts.  It is my personal observation that in order for one to progress smoothly and successfully down "The Road Of Life", - - - one needs to stay on "the road" where the smooth pavement is.  Quite a few obstructions, ruts, delays and setbacks can be expediently avoided with the application of a little common sense and personal discipline.

But then, - - - - there's always a catch, - - - isn't there?

8)

PorkSoda

"Some people are like slinkies. They don't really serve a purpose, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs." ~ Jack Handey
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

panhandlepig

There is a center line.  Use that as a guide line.  Stay close enough to it and watch out for folks that don't.  Be prepared to adjust and move over but don't, under any circumstances end up in a ditch.

They are everywhere.

Hawgphat

Quote from: panhandlepig on March 22, 2018, 08:26:21 pm
  There is a center line.  Use that as a guide line.  Stay close enough to it and watch out for folks that don't.  Be prepared to adjust and move over but don't, under any circumstances end up in a ditch.

They are everywhere.

That is good advice.  However, some folk are so "self-centered" that they are immune to good advice.  For those hard-headed, hard-living "good-timers", "The School Of Hard Knocks" is practically their only source of education, - - - and some notoriously-slow learners even flunk out of that institution of life, - - - - more's the pity.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Hawgphat on March 23, 2018, 12:41:24 am
That is good advice.  However, some folk are so "self-centered" that they are immune to good advice.  For those hard-headed, hard-living "good-timers", "The School Of Hard Knocks" is practically their only source of education, - - - and some notoriously-slow learners even flunk out of that institution of life, - - - - more's the pity.
We've all learned that a certain group of folks are going to stretch the limits or even exceed them no matter how much good advice or teaching we give them. We all screw up, however, I've learned there are folks out there that are more prone to making bad decisions and exercise bad judgement far more often than the average person.

Hawgphat

We all make mistakes on The Road Of Life.  Some of us choose to learn from those mistakes, - and we strive to make better future decisions.  Wisdom is a lifelong learning process.  I'm still alive (obviously); - - and - at age 72 - I'm still learning.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Hawgphat on March 28, 2018, 02:31:44 am
We all make mistakes on The Road Of Life.  Some of us choose to learn from those mistakes, - and we strive to make better future decisions.  Wisdom is a lifelong learning process.  I'm still alive (obviously); - - and - at age 72 - I'm still learning.
"The day you stop learning is the day you might as well crawl up and die"----my pappy.