Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Serious question...

Started by Hopeful Hog, January 15, 2018, 02:05:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hopeful Hog

Is anyone concerned about the lack of OL recruiting? This isn't a knock on Morris, Chavis, or anyone else so please keep the shaming to yourself. It's a legitimate question seeing as how our OL was complete garbage the last couple years, with the exception of Ragnow of course.

I can only hope the new scheme will somehow mask the fact that none of these guys can run or pass block. Thoughts?

rolyat_2008

Yes, it has the makings of a disaster. We lost three this year to graduation in Ragnow, Raulerson and Ramirez.

Lose five more after next season to graduation in Gibson, Malone, Wallace, Froholdt and Rogers.

Leaves us with (if none move on) Colton Jackson, Jalen Merrick, Jake Heinrich, Kirby Adcock, Shane Clenin, Dalton Wagner, Silas Robinson and anymore we sign on Feb 7.

Post Pittman we signed back to back classes of:

Jake Heinrich
Deion Malone
Paul Ramirez

Kirby Adcock
Shane Clenin
Dalton Wagner

It's by far one of the biggest situations the new staff must address.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

We've already signed two and are in on a juco stud. There are also a couple more offered for 18 as well. 2019 I'm not familiar with, but if my memory serves me they are in a at least 3 or 4 already.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

RaisinHog

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 15, 2018, 06:54:43 am
We've already signed two and are in on a juco stud. There are also a couple more offered for 18 as well. 2019 I'm not familiar with, but if my memory serves me they are in a at least 3 or 4 already.

We have signed 1 .. we have one committed and that juco stud committed elsewhere over the weekend.

Atlhogfan1

Yes. Discussed it throughout the season. Too few HS olinemen signed and being recruited. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

TexasRazorback

Theres still a couple of weeks to go until signing day. I have faith and trust in the coaching staff and we will be fine.

RaisinHog

I should add that there are a couple of nice o line prospect instate next year that we will probably get

Bubba's Bruisers

I think we're gonna be real thin and inexperienced on OL starting in 2019.  It's been a problem for the last couple recruiting cycles and the current cycle doesn't look to measurablely improve it...at least not numbers-wise.  Not CM's fault.  We've seen this coming for a couple years now.  OL recruiting has just not been good.  It'll be the top position for CM to get shored up IMO.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

hogmolar

A question out of ignorance, any chance any of the TE or FB get moved or would they be too small?

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on January 15, 2018, 02:05:14 am
Is anyone concerned about the lack of OL recruiting? This isn't a knock on Morris, Chavis, or anyone else so please keep the shaming to yourself. It's a legitimate question seeing as how our OL was complete garbage the last couple years, with the exception of Ragnow of course.

I can only hope the new scheme will somehow mask the fact that none of these guys can run or pass block. Thoughts?

I think they will sign 3 HS kids this year and maybe a JUCO OLM.   If they get the ones they want then I think that will be an ok class.  No doubt we need to get better OLM in future classes.  I would like to sign 4 OLM a year and maybe a couple walk on OLM.

redeye

Hasn't Morris already said that OL was a recruiting priority?  I know Bielema has said he wishes that he'd signed more in his last years.  I think Bielema's problem was that he had certain high standards and struggled to find OL recruits that met those standards, after Pittman left.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: RaisinHog on January 15, 2018, 11:00:24 am
We have signed 1 .. we have one committed and that juco stud committed elsewhere over the weekend.

We have Noah and Silas both signed I thought...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

rolyat_2008

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 16, 2018, 01:26:38 am
We have Noah and Silas both signed I thought...
Silas signed, Noah did not but is currently still committed.

RaisinHog

Quote from: rolyat_2008 on January 16, 2018, 02:30:13 am
Silas signed, Noah did not but is currently still committed.

Correct although it appears he will honor his commitment ..