Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Friday's Card

Started by HawgWild, January 10, 2018, 02:28:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgWild

Any of you guys have any hot tips for the track on Friday/Saturday? And I'm not talking about the deals on corned beef and beer.  ;D Nice size fields.

oldman1015

Arkansas, the left lane state.

HawgWild

OK SmartA@@, what you got?  ;D I've got a lock in a race for sure.

cbhawg03

You got a lock but don't share?

Tip: go deep as possible in late pick 4 and pick 5, pretty sure opening day has had a lot of bombs past several years.

Diodoro: think he has won with a very nice paying horse each year he has been here, starting with Subtle Indian? Sometime over the weekend, would expect another one.

Ingrid Mason, seems to have a good paying horse opening weekend.

Friday first race, Diodoro or Doug O'Neil.

HawgWild

Lock = I'm going to be in the winner's circle for a post race pic, guaranteed. Disclosure - I'm sponsoring a race in honor of an old friend.

jdelo77

I'm going to print the PPs tomorrow , I expect some prices ...

holeinthewall

Quote from: HawgWild on January 10, 2018, 02:28:27 pm
Any of you guys have any hot tips for the track on Friday/Saturday? And I'm not talking about the deals on corned beef and beer.  ;D Nice size fields.

I wish they had a deal on beer.    Best tip is bring a flask of Crown or something to mix into those 10 cent sodas on Saturday.

kingoftherapids

Quote from: holeinthewall on January 11, 2018, 06:04:45 am
I wish they had a deal on beer.    Best tip is bring a flask of Crown or something to mix into those 10 cent sodas on Saturday.

This is how you do it!!! Done this for years.Glad to know i wasn't the only one

Russ22

The smallest field I have seen in the instant entries through Sunday is 8. There are many races that have 14 so there will be horses wanting to race with no spot in the field.

Is this typical of the opening weekend or the result of changes to the condition book?
For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/

kingoftherapids

it was like that last season. i think the extra barn space that opened coupled with writing races that he knows will fill for opening weekend. a lot of horses have been saving conditions for our high purses

holeinthewall

Why don't hey just let all 14 horses run?  The tote board goes to 14 now.   The payouts on exotics and even place and show tickets would increase also. 

oldman1015

Quote from: HawgWild on January 10, 2018, 04:39:14 pm
OK SmartA@@, what you got?  ;D I've got a lock in a race for sure.
Haven't really looked yet. Find horses trained by Diodoro and Villfranco. If Villafranco wins early bet him all weekend. Also keep an eye on the new guys from Cali, Peter Miller and Doug Oneil.

HawgFan70

Villfranco went stone cold last season when the drug testing changed. I wonder if this will carry over, they may have a new non detecting juice now
being smited is a sign of having a backbone and not joining in with lil smiter gangs, fire away kids

userpick

Quote from: HawgFan70 on January 11, 2018, 12:38:36 pm
Villfranco went stone cold last season when the drug testing changed. I wonder if this will carry over, they may have a new non detecting juice now

A lot went into why he went cold. If you remember, he got hot at the end of the year. There's a reason why. Long story short, there's a reason Miller, O'Neil, and many others are here this year. Oaklawn is an absolute embarrassment as far as testing goes.

oldman1015

Quote from: HawgFan70 on January 11, 2018, 12:38:36 pm
Like I said if he wins early.

HawgFan70

I can't wait until the claiming battle gets hot. Some of these guys will win 40% first off.
being smited is a sign of having a backbone and not joining in with lil smiter gangs, fire away kids

holeinthewall

Did a quick look at the form today.  Full fields but I think a lot of the races are not that wide open. 

I will be interested to see how the SOCAL horses and trainers do.  In the past I have played against them in the claiming ranks taking the opinion the speed numbers are inflated compared to racing other places and it usually pays off.  Now that the top trainers are bringing them I hope it is the opposite and we get overlays on trainers not known around here.

Also one of my favorite angles is the P3 or P4 with an AE horse int he last couple legs that people assumed scratched.   Great inflation in the payout and at first glance there are a couple AE horses that could win tomorrow. 

I may start out slow try to catch a DD (Oaklawn is the one track rolling DD would kill at) and an early P3.  See how my handicapping looks and go after the late P4 for some Saturday money.   

heavylifting

Quote from: holeinthewall on January 11, 2018, 04:32:32 pm
Also one of my favorite angles is the P3 or P4 with an AE horse int he last couple legs that people assumed scratched.   Great inflation in the payout and at first glance there are a couple AE horses that could win tomorrow. 

This is how you win money. Takes patience but worth it when it happens. And it does happen.

jdelo77

I might play a little today , I haven't had time to handicap so I'll throw some darts and see what sticks

dianne fineswine

Quote from: kingoftherapids on January 11, 2018, 08:39:59 am

This is how you do it!!! Done this for years.Glad to know i wasn't the only one

Yep my grandfather did this and taught me everything I know about the horse races. Then I had to teach my father.
My tip is bet Peter Miller especially at a price. His horses just came in and I don't think he would bring them in just to train them up.
Ineptocracy - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

mckinneyhog5

Got a 2/3 DD for $10 going.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

mckinneyhog5

Impressive run by the 3.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

oldman1015

mckinneyhog5

Does anyone else like the 2 in the 4th? Looks like they will send to the front and try to steal race. Remember short stretch going a mile. Odds 32-1 w/ 11 MTP.

Russ22

mckinneyhog5

Russ22

So are going to put $ on Dujac (2) in the 4th? He has mostly been a turf horse from what I can see.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Russ22 on January 12, 2018, 01:56:32 pm
So are going to put $ on Dujac (2) in the 4th? He has mostly been a turf horse from what I can see.
A little on the 2 and 4. Was Turf but last few been on dirt going 1 1/6. So, speed and cutting back in distance. Just taking a shot.

mckinneyhog5

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Russ22 on January 12, 2018, 01:56:32 pm
I haven't got anything on numbers today just looking at the form and taking some shots, you got anything good today?

Russ22

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on January 12, 2018, 02:06:53 pm
I haven't got anything on numbers today just looking at the form and taking some shots, you got anything good today?
This is like the sighted asking the blind for direction. I am the wrong one to ask about this.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Russ22 on January 12, 2018, 02:10:43 pm
This is like the sighted asking the blind for direction. I am the wrong one to ask about this.
lol

mckinneyhog5

Gonna go with a 6/9 ex box in 5th.

mckinneyhog5

Worked in the 1st so going with the 7 in the 6th.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on January 12, 2018, 02:25:20 pm
Gonna go with a 6/9 ex box in 5th.
Son Tom gets the win in the 5th for his father that just passed. Can't believe I didn't have anything on it.

Russ22

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on January 12, 2018, 02:45:24 pm
Worked in the 1st so going with the 7 in the 6th.
Are you talking about Contreras?

mckinneyhog5

Got to finish off with Spanish Ave. in the 9th because I just got back from Mexico.

HawgWild

I figured JVB was looking down from above for race 5, so I added his horse, Profound Moment, in my superfecta. He was and the horse won paying $37 and made for a $183.83 sfecta.

Thanks Jack.

mckinneyhog5

Last race Al Cates horse with a ml of 6-1 goes off at 29-1 and wins. SMH

jdelo77

Opening weekend is always tough ...

oldman1015

Russ22

holeinthewall

Quote from: Russ22 on January 12, 2018, 08:27:16 pm
It was really bad for me too

I feel ya.  I had 3 horses going in the 5th race on the P4 and missed.  I had races 7 & 9 winners on my late P3 but not the 8th race.  Try again today.

cbhawg03

My mother of all people showed us all up, had $1 pick 3 that ended with a single of Sonneter!!
2 by 2 by Sonneter!!

HawgFan70

Quote from: userpick on January 11, 2018, 12:48:00 pm
A lot went into why he went cold. If you remember, he got hot at the end of the year. There's a reason why. Long story short, there's a reason Miller, O'Neil, and many others are here this year. Oaklawn is an absolute embarrassment as far as testing goes.

I see Villafranco is moving at least some of his horses to Delta Downs. Keep an eye on him down there. He has one entered at DD that ran Monday at Oaklawn. Money to be made here I doubt Delta stresses drug testing like Oaklawn does.