Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dancing after the NMSU win....beginning of the end?

Started by twistitup, January 03, 2018, 03:41:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

Was this season salvageable up to the point we celebrated the NMSU win like we just won the conference? Instead of taking a business like approach to that close win - we danced. I say we....I should say he. I had a gut feeling the end was near after that game.

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

DiamondHogFan

HoggieStyle

Dwight_K_Shrute

I did think at the time it was a bit odd celebrating that much.  Usually on TV when they go to locker rooms after a win and they are doing stuff like that it's because the team did something extraordinary:  Beat a hated rival, knock off a ranked team that was the favorite, win after a long losing streak.  Win a close game with a remarkable last second drive after being down late.

Maybe this is when the team went "Full Bert" and you know what they say "Never go Full Bert"
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

PharmacistHog

Wasn't the end because we can't seem to stop talking about it and on.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

WaltonCollege

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on January 03, 2018, 04:23:39 pm
Or was it the end of the beginning?

HAHA, the beginning of the end was when he went crying to Pittmans house for Pittman to stay and Pittman said no I have championships to go win, I'm tired of being uncommon.

twistitup

Quote from: WaltonCollege on January 03, 2018, 06:08:41 pm
HAHA, the beginning of the end was when he went crying to Pittmans house for Pittman to stay and Pittman said no I have championships to go win, I'm tired of being uncommon.

Pittman didn't want to dance.

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

rude1

The beginning of the end was the day he took the job, it had bad idea written all over it. But then again, he did make a ton of money for losing a bunch of games...............

hawgon

It demonstrated finally and completely that he didn't understand the fanbase, its expectations, or just how thin the ice upon which he was standing really was.  He had a $15 million buyout that the school would never pay just to fire someone and an AD who would never fire him.  A few months later his only job was farting on a TV show.

PorkSoda

Quote from: hawgon on January 03, 2018, 06:46:41 pm
A few months later his only job was farting on a TV show.
more or less epic than Nutt doing a national phone interview from the toilet?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

SooieGeneris

I guess we can all be thankful there is no video of this atrocity, unlike that SBD fart the other night in the studio..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

PorkSoda

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 03, 2018, 06:52:25 pm
I guess we can all be thankful there is no video of this atrocity, unlike that SBD fart the other night in the studio..
do you think they have since replaced the seat cushion?
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 03, 2018, 06:49:23 pm
more or less epic than Nutt doing a national phone interview from the toilet?

I listened to that recording. There is the sound of a flush, the stall door opening and the BR door closing behind him, but NO running water before, as in Hooten NOT washing his hands, what a guy!
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

SooieGeneris

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 03, 2018, 06:54:01 pm
do you think they have since replaced the seat cushion?

It's probably been taken wherever they take nuclear waste, that hard liquor can make for some toxic fumes..

Justagp

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 03, 2018, 06:54:39 pm
I listened to that recording. There is the sound of a flush, the stall door opening and the BR door closing behind him, but NO running water before, as in Hooten NOT washing his hands, what a guy!
Disgusting!

PorkSoda

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 03, 2018, 06:56:14 pm
It's probably been taken wherever they take nuclear waste, that hard liquor can make for some toxic fumes..
lol, now doubt.  worst I ever experienced was Whiskey and Chile Relleno.  could have pealed the paint.

26.2Hog

Quote from: twistitup on January 03, 2018, 03:41:50 pm
Was this season salvageable up to the point we celebrated the NMSU win like we just won the conference? Instead of taking a business like approach to that close win - we danced. I say we....I should say he. I had a gut feeling the end was near after that game.

Come on man, sometimes you gotta move, dig? You gotta frug, you gotta pogo, you gotta cabbage patch!

SooieGeneris

If that cushion was memory foam, it's probably hoping for a case of amnesia. Did anyone administer smelling salts to Larry Fedora?

PonderinHog

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 03, 2018, 07:24:45 pm
If that cushion was memory foam, it's probably hoping for a case of amnesia. Did anyone administer smelling salts to Larry Fedora?
Larry's dead.