Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Danny West just tweeted about Bohannon...

Started by porque, December 19, 2017, 02:59:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SDZ_Hog

Quote from: searkhogfan on December 19, 2017, 03:30:47 pm

Point was, he wasn't signing with us unless we dropped Noland.
And why recruiting guys didn't even make the trip

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: searkhogfan on December 19, 2017, 03:30:47 pm

Point was, he wasn't signing with us unless we dropped Noland.   

We all know what the point was.  Protect the UA.  I got no problem with it.  But I'm not afraid to call a spade a spade.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

searkhogfan

Quote from: Wooderson on December 19, 2017, 03:29:36 pm
Are you serious Clark?  A kid deserves to be ripped apart by fans because he didn't want any other recruits at his position?  There will be some vile hatred spewed towards him over this being leaked by grown men. That's ok? 

Do you think when Noland was trying to talk GB in to coming to the UA.  GB ever told him" the only way I'll come is if you don't "??  Glad he's gone to Baylor.  We'll never hear of him again v

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 19, 2017, 03:28:50 pm
Dang. I just wish we already had a 4-star QB already committed that also fit Chad Morris's offense perfectly.....

I was hoping he would be a great fall back as a defensive athlete for us...OLB, maybe SS.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

searkhogfan

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 19, 2017, 03:33:42 pm
We all know what the point was.  Protect the UA.  I got no problem with it.  But I'm not afraid to call a spade a spade.

What an Idiotic post

Bubba's Bruisers

Atlhogfan1

I need more context to the story.  Perhaps GB's message was I want a real shot at qb and with another qb in this class, the chances I may be moved to another position are greater. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

searkhogfan

#1 STUNNA

searkhogfan

Razorback Pastor

Quote from: Wooderson on December 19, 2017, 03:24:17 pm
I agree that coach Morris should have moved on at that point.  Danny West and whoever told him that should be ashamed if themselves though. No reason to let that be known. That kid is about to get destroyed by crazy fans.

That "kid" is playing THE most visible and scrutinized position in all of sports. He also just committed to play ball at a University that is not too far removed from a monumental scandal. Which will bring the eyes of the media peering back in if that program begins to excel once again.
If that "kid" can't handle the repercussions of that little nugget of truth getting out with out local fanbase. Then, he is in BIG Trouble when it comes to the National Platform he is about to stand on where, EVERY decision he makes will be dissected repeatedly by, not only fans but, also media.

That is, should he ever see the field.   

havok

Quote from: porque on December 19, 2017, 02:59:26 pm
that there was a reason he , RD and Dudley weren't there.  Then added this bomb;  Implied that GB asked Arkansas to drop Noland but Arkansas said no.  GB did this all while Noland has been trying to recruit GB to Arkansas.

https://twitter.com/DannyWest1/status/943221589973307393

Wow.. that's almost as Arrogant at that 5 Star recruit that says he wants a school to hire his dad, as a condition for him to bump up consideration of that school to get his commitment.   

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 19, 2017, 03:36:49 pm
I need more context to the story.  Perhaps GB's message was I want a real shot at qb and with another qb in this class, the chances I may be moved to another position are greater. 

Oh no, can't be that.  Nope, he's a bad apple.  We really dodged a bullet.

Now, there's probably truth somewhere in the middle.  If the kid was really that afraid of competition, then it's certainly a red flag.  But it's ironic, because depth charts are often real considerations to recruits.  And it would be naive to think that some of our own players had depth chart concerns or concerns over the number of players being signed at their position.  And I bet they expressed those concerns to coaches.  Not unusual.

It's even more ironic that we always like to sell UA to recruits with the whole "you can play early here".  Basically saying, there's not much competition here...you can avoid the competition. 

Bubba's Bruisers

Smashmouth2004

Don't know if that story is true but at this stage Conner is better prepared to run Morris offense. Bohanon in my opinion needed a year to get use to the speed of the game because of his level of H.S. competition. There is a DT QB in Texas who is a junior that Morris has a shot at getting.

ricepig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 19, 2017, 03:26:15 pm
Which is the point of the leak.  Rally the fans around the UA.

And that's a bad thing??

Bubba's Bruisers

ricepig

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 19, 2017, 03:36:49 pm

He said he wanted to be "the QB" in the recruiting class. Arkansas wasn't going to drop Noland, thus he wasn't coming here. Everything recruiting commit usually has a story,sometimes you hear about them, sometimes you don't.

searkhogfan

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 19, 2017, 03:42:34 pm
nothing?

I've got plenty.   Just read your own posts.  With you it's all about the negativity of this staff. 

SooieGeneris

Baylor's QB down the stretch was a freshman, ironically from Lake Travis, CM's last HS job.

Kid did well, so I doubt if GB expected no competition since Brewer has 3 years of eligibility left.

Baylor was making a big thing of not recruiting ANY other QBs in this class though, so he may have hinted to someone that that might be a factor.

I don't know and it really doesn't matter in the long range scheme of things.

Good luck GB, but if he did expect/ask us to drop Noland, we made the right decision by not doing so.

Does a kid who would do that have "dog" in him? We've been missing having that in enough players in recent years as is, don't need one more entitled millennial.

If not true, he's going to Baylor anyway, so just wish him well and move on.
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

tolerati

Good luck to GB.  Keith Jackson went to Oklahoma instead of Arkansas during Ken Hatfield's first weeks on the job and things turned out okay for Jackson and for Hatfield and Arkansas.  Arkansas will be fine.
"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: searkhogfan on December 19, 2017, 03:48:15 pm
I've got plenty.   Just read your own posts.  With you it's all about the negativity of this staff. 

If you've got plenty, then say it.  I always reserve the right to be wrong.  Where am I wrong?

Also, where am I negative about this staff?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: ricepig on December 19, 2017, 03:48:08 pm
He said he wanted to be "the QB" in the recruiting class. Arkansas wasn't going to drop Noland, thus he wasn't coming here. Everything recruiting commit usually has a story,sometimes you hear about them, sometimes you don't.

Yes.  I know.  But I'm guessing there is more to the story than just the competition piece. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

bighog2255

The OP's implication isn't totally fair to GB. Danny West further explained......

@DannyWest1

Jumped on to clean up some of the GB stuff. He didn't outright request #Hogs to drop Noland. Sorry if that was misinterpreted. He did make it very clear he wanted to be the only QB, though, and obviously #Arkansas wasn't gonna drop Noland to make that happen. #HawgSports

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: bighog2255 on December 19, 2017, 03:50:00 pm
The OP's implication isn't totally fair to GB. Danny West further explained......

@DannyWest1

Jumped on to clean up some of the GB stuff. He didn't outright request #Hogs to drop Noland. Sorry if that was misinterpreted. He did make it very clear he wanted to be the only QB, though, and obviously #Arkansas wasn't gonna drop Noland to make that happen. #HawgSports

LOL!  Whoops.

247Hog

@DannyWest1

Still sounds the same. He can say i will sign if i am the only QB signed in this class or he could have said i'm going to sign at school that isn't recruiting another QB. Wording is a bit different but means the same.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

HogFoo

Yeah the way GB did the Arkansas fake out with the hat tells me all I needed to know about the kid.  Perhaps there was a reason all along that Bielema wasn't trying hard to recruit this kid.  Perhaps he had told Bielema and staff the same thing he supposedly told Morris about dropping Noland.  Man, what a Dbag move by this prima Donna!  Why would someone who is supposedly better than Noland according to PiP be so afraid of competition?  Geez.  Noland welcomed him and tried recruiting other in state kids to come to Arkansas  INCLUDING BoHannon,, and now we hear that GB not only didn't do that he was trying to get the staff and I'm sure he did the same with Bielema to drop Arkansas kid.  Man.  What a Dbag!  I'm very glad that he did not choose the Hogs after hearing this!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Razorback Pastor

Quote from: 247Hog on December 19, 2017, 03:55:52 pm
Still sounds the same. He can say i will sign if i am the only QB signed in this class or he could have said i'm going to sign at school that isn't recruiting another QB. Wording is a bit different but means the same.

HawgHeadCheese

I don't know why people care if he says that. If you're a good recruit and you approach this thing like a business because it is once you sign that letter of intent you use your leverage. It's up to the coach whether or not he decides to be ok with it. This is not the first time a recruit wanted to be the only incoming position player.

greenie

Quote from: Wooderson on December 19, 2017, 03:24:17 pm
I agree that coach Morris should have moved on at that point.  Danny West and whoever told him that should be ashamed if themselves though. No reason to let that be known. That kid is about to get destroyed by crazy fans.

I agree that the staff should never leak recruiting details, but I'm not sure you could ever hide something like that from the recruiting press...and if they know, why shouldn't they report it?   It's a simple "I'd prefer not to have too much competition".  Recruits weigh those kinds of details all the time when deciding where to commit.  However, I think it gets a little more prickly for us when a request is made to push out a particular recruit.  Most probably don't like seeing that.

On a positive note, I'm sure this somewhat takes the air out of complaints that Morris lost the "best" player in the state...to the disappointment of some.

Edited: after seeing Danny's later tweet clarifying some details

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: 247Hog on December 19, 2017, 03:55:52 pm

It does mean the same, and it's not uncommon.  I would bet most QB prospects choose to go to a school that's only taking 1 QB in the class.  In fact, some have said it's just as well that GB didn't commit, because it may improve our chances with Gunnell next year.  Why do you think that is?

ricepig

@DannyWest1

I don't think you are suppose to bring copyright material to here.

Nevermind, that was tweeted, no problem.

phadedhawg

If you do a fake out to fool the hometown folks, don't be surprised if they put you on blast. 

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: greenie on December 19, 2017, 04:01:02 pm
I agree that the staff should never leak recruiting details, but I'm not sure you could ever hide something like that from the recruiting press...and if they know, why shouldn't they report it?   It's a simple "I'd prefer not to have too much competition".  Recruits weigh those kinds of details all the time when deciding where to commit.  However, I think it gets a little more prickly for us when a request is made to push out a particular recruit.  Most probably don't like seeing that.

On a positive note, I'm sure this somewhat takes the air out of complaints that Morris lost the "best" player in the state...to the disappointment of some.

Morris is behind the 8-ball right now.  He's fighting an impossible battle.  On to 2019.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Wooderson on December 19, 2017, 03:29:36 pm
Are you serious Clark?  A kid deserves to be ripped apart by fans because he didn't want any other recruits at his position?  There will be some vile hatred spewed towards him over this being leaked by grown men. That's ok?
No serious college football recruit should believe that they can tell the staff who they can and can't recruit.  I see no reason to rip him apart, but I do think it was best to tell him thanks but no thanks.  Again, if the story is true.

HOGS82

@DannyWest1

Talk about damage control. I would guess that Danny felt some backlash, perhaps from some colleagues, for putting that information out in the Twitterverse.
Quote from: mindemon on November 24, 2023, 06:58:31 pmThe 'Fire Sam Pittman' crowd are going to be eating their words next year. Trust me.

greenie

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 19, 2017, 04:05:24 pm
Morris is behind the 8-ball right now.  He's fighting an impossible battle.  On to 2019.

Exactly!  +1

Sivad

Quote from: porque on December 19, 2017, 03:03:13 pm
I hope Coach Morris got up, wished the young man good luck and walked out the door.
And maybe laughed in Bohanon's face.

Hogtimes

Quote from: Pork Ranger on December 19, 2017, 03:00:36 pm
Wow. Never seen a kid so afraid of competition. Don't need that here at UA

How do you know that for a fact.  Post above says "implied" ....what ever that means.  Also the twitter is no longer available.   

Hogtimes

Quote from: HOGS82 on December 19, 2017, 04:08:17 pm
Talk about damage control. I would guess that Danny felt some backlash, perhaps from some colleagues, for putting that information out in the Twitterverse.

Twitter is gone.   That is an awful thing to say about any player if it is not the an absolute truth.

Ugly Uncle

Even 18 year olds have to learn there are consequences for your actions.

If you do a hat fake...some will not think it is funny.  You can choose the action but not the reaction/consequence.

If you make it clear that you want to be the only QB.  Why should you be protected from what you have said and what you have made clear?  You're a big enough boy to try to impose your will on a University...maybe you should be a big enough boy to take the consequences of that information getting out.

You want the drama and publicity of a decision reveal ceremony?  Then expect a dramatic reaction.

You can choose your action...you cannot choose the reaction.

I know many of you will say it isn't fair...well...he is 18...maybe it is time he learns that life isn't fair.
Retired Radio Host

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: HOGS82 on December 19, 2017, 04:08:17 pm
I'm not sure how else you can interpret what Bohannon said.  Noland has been committed for what, 2 years?  Bohannon tells the coach "I'll commit if I'm the only QB in the class".  What other implication could there be other than Bohannon expected Morris to drop Noland.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 19, 2017, 04:18:05 pm

If you do a hat fake...some will not think it is funny.  You can choose the action but not the reaction/consequence.

If you make it clear that you want to be the only QB.  Why should you be protected from what you have said and what you have made clear?  You're a big enough boy to try to impose your will on a University...maybe you should be a big enough boy to take the consequences of that information getting out.

You want the drama and publicity of a decision reveal ceremony?  Then expect a dramatic reaction.

I know many of you will say it isn't fair...well...he is 18...maybe it is time he learns that life isn't fair.
No better time than the present.

RaisinHog

If he doesn't want too look like a complete chicken crap then a guy with that offer list shouldn't wind up with such a crappy top 4 " take Memphis out non power 5" what is the record of the other 3 schools this past year lol

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on December 19, 2017, 04:18:23 pm
I'm not sure how else you can interpret what Bohannon said.  Noland has been committed for what, 2 years?  Bohannon tells the coach "I'll commit if I'm the only QB in the class".  What other implication could there be other than Bohannon expected Morris to drop Noland.

Could simply have been..."Coach, I've not been interested in UA from the get-go, because you already have a QB committed.  I want to go somewhere where I'm the only QB in the class."  We don't actually know. 

On the flip side, you don't think coaches reassure QB prospects that they're only taking 1 QB in the class?  That's because most QB's don't want to be in a class with more than 1 QB in it.  It's not earth shattering stuff.

onebadrubi

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 19, 2017, 03:37:52 pm
1-11 Baylor gets richer

Look at all the defensive studs who have gone to play for mobile QB oriented offenses?  in the last 5 years a few stand out, Georgia tech QB a few years ago, Navy's qb a few years ago, and Nick Marhsall at Auburn. 

These guys were dead set on playing QB and their routes to a degree and graduating at QB took turning down top schools out of high school at other positions.  Nothing wrong with it, it happens. 

Razorback Pastor

^^^This

Redhogs

Excellent...thank you.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

DaHog

Bingo