Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gerry Bohanon to announce his decision on 12/19...

Started by DuckTalesLOL, December 14, 2017, 09:22:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Bobo

Quote from: NEA_HogFan on December 15, 2017, 11:58:36 am
Yes. Lots of times the school plans it. When me and my High school team mate signed to play baseball at the same school, the local news station covered it. I had no idea they were gonna do that and honestly didn't want the attention. And it was an NAIA school at that.

It was news. It made the people in your hometown proud of you and proud of their town.

It's okay for life to be fun.

God wants people to be happy.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 15, 2017, 12:01:15 pm
Brett didnt say "come hear what you've all been waiting to hear" either. That is a Hog lean.

For the people that knew brett.. he was a vol for a long time.

RD

If he doesn't. Good luck to him. Connor Noland is real deal.

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 15, 2017, 11:40:10 am
Remember WR Bret Smith of Warren Arkansas? he had a PC at his school and picked Tennessee.so i would not read to much into this.it could be Baylor.we just don't know.

That's true but things were a little different in 2005.  I mean sure Bohanon could pick Baylor, but if he was going to do that he could just as well do it in February.  They are at 20 commits right now, but they will hold a spot for him.  They don't have a QB signed yet though for whatever that's wort. It's all just guess work but to me it feels like he is coming to Arkansas. He may just as easy end up at NC state, Baylor or any one of a hundred other schools.

parallaxpig

Quote from: Karma on December 15, 2017, 07:08:21 am
Y'all must not watch college football. He had more receptions and yards than any Arkansas receiver while playing for a top 5 team.

So you're disputing his ability to catch punts.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

a shady hog

Quote from: FutureMan on December 15, 2017, 09:25:28 am
According to SEC Country, with the transfer of QB Zach Smith, Baylor is going all in on Gerry Bohannon:

"Arkansas and Baylor appear to be in a dead heat to land 4-star Earle (Ark.) quarterback Gerry Bohanon Jr., who expects to sign on Wednesday.

Recent news out of Baylor that quarterback Zach Smith is expected to transfer likely helps the Bears' chances with Bohanon. With Smith gone, they would have just one scholarship quarterback on the roster — freshman Charlie Brewer. Baylor also does not have a quarterback committed in its 2018 class as Bohanon clearly appears to be the top priority.

A source told SEC Country that Baylor had several members of its staff in Earle earlier this week in a final attempt to sway Bohanon. The visit from the Bears came shortly after Bohanon proclaimed his belief that Morris is the right coach to turn Arkansas' program around.

"I feel like that's the right man for the job," Bohanon said Monday. "I feel like he's going to really change the program around with the right guys."

Bohanon's decision should provide plenty of intrigue as the early signing period draws closer"

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-huge-recruiting-weekend-ahead-dl-billy-ferrell-visiting
In my opinion, that is not a very good plan to only have one quarterback on the roster and ONLY go after one quarterback recruit. I would hope that Bohanon would see that is improper planning by Baylor.

okrazorback

Quote from: jst01 on December 15, 2017, 07:44:45 am
I say its 30% he chooses AR.

I say 50%. He only has 2 choices. He does or he doesn't. That's 50 % 

Pinto

Quote from: FraggleHog on December 15, 2017, 09:55:43 am
FWIW, the only Crystal Ball prediction that GB has received on 247 since CCM was hired was Arkansas by Andrew Ellis who is an Ohio St recruiting analyst.

FWIW...all of those prediction were before our coaching change

hog of steele

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on December 15, 2017, 07:58:50 am
flip both Bishop and Bohanon back to Arkansas is like adding starter fluid to your charcoal grill.

So, I was excited. Then I remembered my grandpa's hot burgers. I am not sure i want AR football tasting like petroleum.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: hog of steele on December 15, 2017, 12:48:22 pm
So, I was excited. Then I remembered my grandpa's hot burgers. I am not sure i want AR football tasting like petroleum.

LOL!  Just as long as it's the most date of success.

LRHawg

Quote from: a shady hog on December 15, 2017, 12:18:43 pm
In my opinion, that is not a very good plan to only have one quarterback on the roster and ONLY go after one quarterback recruit. I would hope that Bohanon would see that is improper planning by Baylor.

Baylor is probably having to do background checks to make sure they don't recruit anyone with a violent past. One more big news story out of that football program and they are sunk.

ml2200

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on December 15, 2017, 12:15:01 pm
That's true but things were a little different in 2005.  I mean sure Bohanon could pick Baylor, but if he was going to do that he could just as well do it in February.  They are at 20 commits right now, but they will hold a spot for him.  They don't have a QB signed yet though for whatever that's wort. It's all just guess work but to me it feels like he is coming to Arkansas. He may just as easy end up at NC state, Baylor or any one of a hundred other schools.

Isn't he enrolling early?

lawhawg20

Quote from: woodhog14 on December 15, 2017, 10:43:37 am
I guess he can't be developed then right? Jesus...most kids don't hit their ceiling as a senior in high school. I'm willing to be that Gerry can get a bit faster and improve on accurracy with proper coaching and development. Don't you think.

Easy, Sport.  I never said that he couldn't be developed or that he wouldn't be a great Razorback.  All I'm saying is that the "kryptonite to Nick Saban's defense" talk is a tad premature.  He's playing 2A football in Arkansas for crying out loud  ::)

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: lawhawg20 on December 15, 2017, 01:53:43 pm
Easy, Sport.  I never said that he couldn't be developed or that he wouldn't be a great Razorback.  All I'm saying is that the "kryptonite to Nick Saban's defense" talk is a tad premature.  He's playing 2A football in Arkansas for crying out loud  ::)
and he is still the best dual threat QB prospect from Arkansas in the last decade. If we cant say it now, when can we say it? It's ok for fans to speculate.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Peter Porker

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 15, 2017, 01:57:57 pm
and he is still the best dual threat QB prospect from Arkansas in the last decade. If we cant say it now, when can we say it? It's ok for fans to speculate.

Kiehl Frazier was ranked higher.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 15, 2017, 02:04:48 pm
Kiehl Frazier was ranked higher.
i know, but, what year? like i said, in the last decade.
He'd also be arkansas highest rated DT QB ever, and highest rated QB period since Ryan Mallett 9 years ago.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

BenDial

Technically, Mallett was a Texas recruit. He was on the wrong side of the Texarkana state line.

riccoar

If your making the trip down for the announcement.  Have your speedometer calibrated and do the posted speed.  One of the many notorious Highway 64 traps.

Peter Porker

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

wildturkey8

The recruiting services apparently were wrong about Frazier.

Peter Porker

Quote from: wildturkey8 on December 15, 2017, 02:48:00 pm
The recruiting services apparently were wrong about Frazier.

He had all the tools. He could run, had great size, strong arm, but extremely raw. Had accuracy issues. He looked really dominant against inferior high school competition.

Who wouldn't have wanted a 6-3 213 LB dual-threat QB from a lower classification Arkansas HS that could run a 4.5?

Everyone in 2011 discounted the Northwest Arkansas QB that never wavered on his commitment and battled and bled for the Razorbacks. He's currently in the NFL. Where's Frazier?

Is this deja vu or what?

colbs

It looks like they offered a QB committed to Texas.  I wonder if they has anything to do with Gerry.

Deuce Pigelow

Quote from: colbs on December 15, 2017, 03:03:18 pm
It looks like they offered a QB committed to Texas.  I wonder if they has anything to do with Gerry.

I seen that too. I was wondering that as well. Thats 3 QB with offers in one class

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 15, 2017, 02:37:28 pm

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2011/kiehl-frazier-19935

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2018/gerry-bohanon-180087

PITP might have been thinking of the kid from Fort Smith that went to Auburn...Cody something..maybe?

That is who I thought he was talking about.  I forgot about Frazier.

I watched Frazier and GB in person.  GB would run and throw circles around KF. 

I watched KF against Greenwood.  Man, what a game that was.  It was in Springdale.  I should of known KF was going to struggle in college because when he got in trouble he would just chunk it up in the air and every time one of his receivers came down with it.  I can't remember who won, I think it was Greenwood, but it came right down to the end. 

I just remember thinking that Frazier was overrated.

I did not feel that way watching GB. 

I'm no expert though.
Retired Radio Host

Deuce Pigelow

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 15, 2017, 03:09:28 pm
PITP might have been thinking of the kid from Fort Smith that went to Auburn...Cody something..maybe?

Kodi Burns

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Deuce Pigelow on December 15, 2017, 03:12:17 pm

Kodi Burns

That's the one.

I often forget about kids that leave the state and play for one of our opponents.  They are dead to me.
Retired Radio Host

Peter Porker

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 15, 2017, 03:09:28 pm

That is who I thought he was talking about.  I forgot about Frazier.

I watched Frazier and GB in person.  GB would run and throw circles around KF. 

I watched KF against Greenwood.  Man, what a game that was.  It was in Springdale.  I should of known KF was going to struggle in college because when he got in trouble he would just chunk it up in the air and every time one of his receivers came down with it.  I can't remember who won, I think it was Greenwood, but it came right down to the end. 

I just remember thinking that Frazier was overrated.

I did not feel that way watching GB. 

I'm no expert though.

2A football will make some look like superstars. Remember the runningback a few years ago from Rivercrest? There posters angry because we wouldn't offer him. Some said he ran a 4.5. Nope.

I remember seeing Frazier versus PA. He was so inaccurate. I knew we got the better QB after that game.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 15, 2017, 03:13:48 pm
AA football will make some look like superstars. Remember the runningback a few years ago from Rivercrest? There posters angry because we wouldn't offer him. Some said he ran a 4.5. Nope.

No doubt.

The game I saw GB play was against a really bad AA team.

Still, I had never heard anything about this kid, and watching him made me go try to find out about him.  I usually don't care enough to do something like that.

Also, GB impressed me with the silky smooth way he could run, how he managed the team.  This was early in his Jr. year.

Still your point holds.
Retired Radio Host

Deuce Pigelow

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 15, 2017, 03:12:42 pm
That's the one.

I often forget about kids that leave the state and play for one of our opponents.  They are dead to me.

Exactly. I guess I remember his name because he is Auburns staff

Peter Porker

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 15, 2017, 03:17:44 pm
No doubt.

The game I saw GB play was against a really bad AA team.

Still, I had never heard anything about this kid, and watching him made me go try to find out about him.  I usually don't care enough to do something like that.

Also, GB impressed me with the silky smooth way he could run, how he managed the team.  This was early in his Jr. year.

Still your point holds.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 15, 2017, 03:18:29 pm

Thats not bad...but even in those clips you can see a few examples of him just throwing the ball up when he was in trouble.
Retired Radio Host

ricepig

Quote from: colbs on December 15, 2017, 03:03:18 pm

Yep

Peter Porker

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 15, 2017, 03:36:18 pm
Thats not bad...but even in those clips you can see a few examples of him just throwing the ball up when he was in trouble.

Yea, it had your Greenwood game in it.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 15, 2017, 03:42:48 pm
Yea, it had your Greenwood game in it.

Yeah, and it looked like Shiloh was way ahead in the 4th quarter.  I thought it was closer than that.
Retired Radio Host

ricepig

Quote from: Deuce Pigelow on December 15, 2017, 03:40:33 pm
Can you elaborate more

My understanding is he is next in line should Bohannon go elsewhere. They like their chances of flipping him should they need to. They aren't going to take 3 QB's in this class and a blue shirt in Jones.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 15, 2017, 03:45:38 pm
Yeah, and it looked like Shiloh was way ahead in the 4th quarter.  I thought it was closer than that.

No, it was the game the year before that was so close.  That game that I went to that night was 48-27 I believe.
Retired Radio Host

Razorpigg

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

hawgwash

Quote from: ricepig on December 15, 2017, 03:45:46 pm
My understanding is he is next in line should Bohannon go elsewhere. They like their chances of flipping him should they need to. They aren't going to take 3 QB's in this class and a blue shirt in Jones.
I find it surprising they would take even 2 QBs, plus Jones, if one of the 2 isn't GB.

ricepig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 15, 2017, 04:09:01 pm
Probably Thompson.
https://twitter.com/BrandonTFB/status/941771891647410176

2018 Newcastle (OK) QB Casey Thompson (@LilThurm) and #Texas commit has picked up an offer from #Arkansas.  #WPS #okpreps @ArRecruitingGuy

Deuce Pigelow

Quote from: ricepig on December 15, 2017, 03:45:46 pm

So you think GB may have told them no already??

ricepig

Quote from: Deuce Pigelow on December 15, 2017, 04:37:44 pm
So you think GB may have told them no already??

I don't have any idea, maybe he hasn't told them yes.......

Deuce Pigelow

Quote from: ricepig on December 15, 2017, 04:45:10 pm
I don't have any idea, maybe he hasn't told them yes.......

It just seems odd to me. If GB is announcing Tues, why wouldn't you wait until after to offer this kid. He's already committed to Texas so its not like your wanting to get to this guy before anyone else

colbs

bigbrew25

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 15, 2017, 03:13:48 pm
2A football will make some look like superstars. Remember the runningback a few years ago from Rivercrest? There posters angry because we wouldn't offer him. Some said he ran a 4.5. Nope.

I remember seeing Frazier versus PA. He was so inaccurate. I knew we got the better QB after that game.
I remember this one kid named Kenneth Dixon from a wee little 2a school. They spewed the same garbage about him that your spewing now about Bohanon. Wonder where he is now....
Bohanon would shine in any Arkansas HS class.  Also, your links show nothing to help your argument of Noland being a better passer.

Peter Porker

Quote from: bigbrew25 on December 15, 2017, 05:38:02 pm
I remember this one kid named Kenneth Dixon from a wee little 2a school. They spewed the same garbage about him that your spewing now about Bohanon. Wonder where he is now....
Bohanon would shine in any Arkansas HS class.  Also, your links show nothing to help your argument of Noland being a better passer.

I didn't post links of Noland.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: colbs on December 15, 2017, 05:29:32 pm
Looks like he's visiting Memphis this weekend.
He would be a monster in that Memphis offense. He will be a monster in the Morris offense if he becomes a Hog..I hope he does but makes me wonder him taking the Memphis visit this late.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: bigbrew25 on December 15, 2017, 05:38:02 pm

Noland is the real deal. He will be a monster in this offense. No need to bash the kid who has been as firm of an Arkansas commit as I can remember. Need both and the best man wins.

southeasthog

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on December 15, 2017, 06:31:39 pm
Noland is the real deal. He will be a monster in this offense. No need to bash the kid who has been as firm of an Arkansas commit as I can remember. Need both and the best man wins.

THIS!!!!!

Why do we have to draw a line in the sand between recruits. Get both and let them compete.