Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESPN laying off 100

Started by Pigsknuckles, April 26, 2017, 11:42:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigsknuckles

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/04/26/espn-to-lay-off-about-100-employees-today-including-on-air-talent.html

Hard to believe that, unless they are high paycheck, that 100 jobs would have that much impact on a network like ESPN. Given accusations of political overtones in their coverage, maybe this was more of a purge?
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

ricepig

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on April 26, 2017, 12:39:12 pm
Can't say I'm sorry to see this one go....

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/espn-lays-off-college-football-analyst-danny-kanell/

The pool of mediocre backup QBs who have retired from the league is a deep one.  They'll just reach in and pull out a Brad Johnson or a Cade McNown.  The faces change, the broadcast product does not.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

LRRandy

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 26, 2017, 02:23:57 pm
The pool of mediocre backup QBs who have retired from the league is a deep one.  They'll just reach in and pull out a Brad Johnson or a Cade McNown.  The faces change, the broadcast product does not.
or Stoerner
This is fun, isn't it.

DeltaBoy

The world of TV is changing and ESPN not the 800 pound Gorilla in the room any more.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

riccoar

I think Clay Travis nailed why there are issues at ESPN.  Probably time they got back to being a sports network instead of trying to compete with MSNBC and the NY Times.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: riccoar on April 28, 2017, 08:30:22 am
I think Clay Travis nailed why there are issues at ESPN.  Probably time they got back to being a sports network instead of trying to compete with MSNBC and the NY Times.

I agree !
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.