Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The "Standard" at OU

Started by Jackrabbit Hog, April 12, 2017, 02:11:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackrabbit Hog

Short article on recent statements made by Baker Mayfield:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/19142610/qb-baker-mayfield-says-oklahoma-sooners-let-slip-field-behavior

"I think people have let it slip a little bit and gotten a little lackadaisical about all the off-the-field stuff," said Mayfield, who has pleaded not guilty to the charges. "I think it can be said that I might have set a bad example first, but we all know there's a higher standard here -- not just being quarterbacks, but at the University of Oklahoma. There's a tradition here at Oklahoma that compares to no other."

"We all know there's a higher standard here . . . at the University of Oklahoma."   Bwah...ha....ha....ha.  Yeah, a standard exhibited by Barry Switzer, Charles Thompson, Joe Mixon and countless others.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 12, 2017, 02:11:48 pm
Short article on recent statements made by Baker Mayfield:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/19142610/qb-baker-mayfield-says-oklahoma-sooners-let-slip-field-behavior

"I think people have let it slip a little bit and gotten a little lackadaisical about all the off-the-field stuff," said Mayfield, who has pleaded not guilty to the charges. "I think it can be said that I might have set a bad example first, but we all know there's a higher standard here -- not just being quarterbacks, but at the University of Oklahoma. There's a tradition here at Oklahoma that compares to no other."

"We all know there's a higher standard here . . . at the University of Oklahoma."   Bwah...ha....ha....ha.  Yeah, a standard exhibited by Barry Switzer, Charles Thompson, Joe Mixon and countless others.
Not to be outdone in the Mini XII, the Sooners are boiling mad that Baylor has temporarily taken away their acknowledged and undisputed historical crown of the league's premier "Outlaw and Thug" University. They're determined that not only will they take back the title, but they'll be hard to beat when it comes to piling up points toward the most coveted of awards also known as the Phil Fulmer Cup.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on April 12, 2017, 02:18:43 pm
Not to be outdone in the Mini XII, the Sooners are boiling mad that Baylor has temporarily taken away their acknowledged and undisputed historical crown of the league's premier "Outlaw and Thug" University. They're determined that not only will they take back the title, but they'll be hard to beat when it comes to piling up points toward the most coveted of awards also known as the Phil Fulmer Cup.
Comparing OU to Baylor?  You're a fool.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on April 12, 2017, 02:42:05 pm
Comparing OU to Baylor?  You're a fool.
Sorry to get you so upset, sooner boy. Besides, you really need to take a lesson in detecting a sarcastic post.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on April 13, 2017, 04:06:32 pm
Sorry to get you so upset, sooner boy. Besides, you really need to take a lesson in detecting a sarcastic post.

The word "sooner" is a form of cheating.................it's their culture there. Not the same type as what happened at Baylor but still wrong and institutionalized.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 14, 2017, 06:54:07 am
The word "sooner" is a form of cheating.................it's their culture there. Not the same type as what happened at Baylor but still wrong and institutionalized.
Joe Mixon punching a girl at a deli is "institutionalized"?  And a guy getting a public intox who's barely removed from high school is "institutionalized".  You guys are trying way too hard.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: sevenof400 on April 14, 2017, 10:05:01 am
OU did have the Barry Switzer experience.  And all that brought with it....
And while that's obviously been a while back, some of the recent crapola that some of these kids have pulled ain't exactly putting them at the top of the list on schools most coaches would choose to have their players emulate. In any event, while it may not be at BU level yet, if they keep working on it they possibly could reach that level of "success" eventually.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on April 14, 2017, 09:53:48 am
Joe Mixon punching a girl at a deli is "institutionalized"?  And a guy getting a public intox who's barely removed from high school is "institutionalized".  You guys are trying way too hard.

What they tolerate is institutionalized and their record of NCAA violations are numerous. 
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: sevenof400 on April 14, 2017, 10:05:01 am
OU did have the Barry Switzer experience.  And all that brought with it....

More guns than the Sons of Anarchy.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Inhogswetrust

OU is so good at cheating they can steal someone away from a school that gave a recruit a brand new Trans Am.....................