Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can We Stop Playing Games in LR

Started by TexasRazorback, September 16, 2015, 02:03:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RME

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 18, 2015, 10:12:36 am
You forgot 2015: vs Toledo, 49,951 so I'm guessing the ratio is 7 out of 10.....

Is 70% still not a majority?

Sir Oinksalot

...it was the vision of Frank Broyles to play all our home games in Fayetteville once
the I-49 was completed.  He also knew what makes the students happy - Pizza!
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

ricepig

Quote from: RazorbackRon on September 18, 2015, 10:13:34 am
Those numbers surprise me.  I was at everyone of those games and except for a couple, I only considered WMS to be 85-90% full for most of those, a couple much less.

Tickets sold only count for WMS, not for RRS.

RME

Quote from: RazorbackRon on September 18, 2015, 10:13:34 am
Those numbers surprise me.  I was at everyone of those games and except for a couple, I only considered WMS to be 85-90% full for most of those, a couple much less.

Understandable. I've been to several games in Fayetteville (this is NOT A KNOCK AGAINST REYNOLDS) where the north end of the upper deck looked very sparse, but attendance was still stated at 70k or so. Sometimes the announced attendance seems way higher than what is actually present at the game, but who knows.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on September 18, 2015, 10:18:49 am

...it was the vision of Frank Broyles to play all our home games in Fayetteville once
the I-49 was completed.  He also knew what makes the students happy - Pizza!

Everybody on here always think anything Broyles said is right! And I'm tired of it!  ;D
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

RazorbackRon

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 18, 2015, 10:19:45 am
Understandable. I've been to several games in Fayetteville (this is NOT A KNOCK AGAINST REYNOLDS) where the north end of the upper deck looked very sparse, but attendance was still stated at 70k or so. Sometimes the announced attendance seems way higher than what is actually present at the game, but who knows.

I think attendance is always announced as tickets sold.
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

Hoggish1

Sorry if this question has already been asked and answered, but how much is the buy out for the remaining years in LR?  It's my understanding we have three more years there...

DLUXHOG

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 18, 2015, 10:17:56 am
Is 70% still not a majority?

Okay, now let's look at how many games in Fayetteville had more than 55,000 in attendance...
2015 - all so far
2014 - all six
2013 - all five
2012 - all six
2011 - all five
2010 - all five
2009 - all five
2008 - all five
2007 - all six
2006 - all six
2005 - all four
2004 - all five
2003 - all five

Apparently games in Fayetteville are popular amongst the fans..........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

LR_Matt

I'd actually be in favor of updating War memorial and not having to drive to the middle of nowhere (Fayetteville) for games.

Inhogswetrust

September 18, 2015, 05:15:06 pm #109 Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 07:08:42 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on September 18, 2015, 10:21:33 am
Everybody on here always think anything Broyles said is right! And I'm tired of it!  ;D

Bull! His strengths And weaknesses have BOTH been discussed ad naseum on here.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

reddogjcss

I don't care where they play just want the win! I do however think there is a home field advantage in Fayetteville

impact

I am from Little Rock.  I am also a graduate of the U of A.  It is time for all of the games to move to Fayetteville.  But for credible posters and journalists, that I have HUGE respect for, to focus more on War Memorial stadium than this team being soft and not prepared is mind boggling.

Ben Herbert was supposed to turn these guys into beasts that would crush opposition.  Jason Veltkamp's training methods were a thing of the past.  Toledo's stunts should have been nothing because our line, the largest in the country, was going to pancake them into oblivion.  No I dont attend practice, go to conditioning sessions and sacrifice like the players do, but we should have beat Toldeo anywhere.  We could have rented the Prairie Grove battlefield and beat them there.

A team takes on the persona of its coach.  So I guess these guys are overweight, not conditioned and run their mouths too much. 

I believe that CBB has learned his lesson and this team will crush TTech.
Arkansas Razorback Football - Reigning champion and annual winner of the Integrity Bowl!

GuvHog

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on September 18, 2015, 10:21:33 am

Be tired of it all you want but the fact is, even though Frank made a lot of mistakes during the latter part of his tenure, the great things he did as Hog head coach then AD are indisputable.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Augustus

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on September 16, 2015, 06:26:15 pm
No you are not bashing at all when you compare WMS to a high school stadium. Just like all of them it has only 20,000 seats, and its concessions and bathrooms are exactly the same as all the high school stadiums in Texas.  You are not purposely bashing at all, you are only reporting facts that are completely true and unmistakable. Thank you for your honesty, courage, and commitment to integrity.

Well, considering there are more HS games played at WMS, than there are CFB...

ricepig

Quote from: Augustus on September 18, 2015, 05:43:27 pm

Ouch, that's going to hurt......

GuvHog

Quote from: Augustus on September 18, 2015, 05:43:27 pm

That's only because Catholic High has no home field.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

JoeyCapital

Quote from: GuvHog on September 18, 2015, 05:50:59 pm
Dude, you can argue that games should be played there because of tradition, recruiting, etc, but you can't argue that the stadium is ok. It's not even close to belonging in the SEC and everyone knows it.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

Augustus

Off the top of my head, the Salt Bowl (Benton/Bryant), and several other HS games have already been played at WMS during "Kickoff Weekend"

Plus any other marquee HS games this season, and the HS Championships.

Compared to, what..., one CFB game that will  be played at WMS this year?

Mr. Porkleone

Didn't read firs t two pages.

LR 47k -7000 unsold not counting Georgia. GEOEGIA PEOPLE.

DWS 72k 0 left

Not as much population in NWA as LR. Facts is there gone soon.

Inhogswetrust

Ummm........Yes they do WMS. Real close to their campus.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

WorfHog

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on September 18, 2015, 06:57:04 pm
Didn't read firs t two pages.

LR 47k -7000 unsold not counting Georgia. GEOEGIA PEOPLE.

DWS 72k 0 left

Not as much population in NWA as LR. Facts is there gone soon.

There's probably more people that can afford to go to a game though.

LZH