Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need Help With Campground Reviews

Started by NaturalStateReb, May 25, 2006, 04:21:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NaturalStateReb

May 25, 2006, 04:21:48 pm Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 09:43:33 am by NaturalStateReb
I know this list seems long, but I've got reviews on about half of Arkansas' campgrounds.  If you know about these areas, please toss in a review here:

http://campingarkansas.net/reviews/

Arkansas River
Cherokee
Cypress Creek
Merrisach
Notrebes Bend
Pendleton
Rising Star
Sequoyah
Trulock
Wilbur D. Mills

Arkansas State Parks
Bull Shoals
Cane Creek
Cossatot River
Crater of Diamonds
Crowley's Ridge
Daisy
Lake Catherine
Lake Charles
Lake Chicot
Lake Dardanelle
Lake Frierson
Lake Ouachita
Lake Poinsett
Logoly
Millwood
Old Davidsonville
Queen Wilhelmina
White Oak Lake
Withrow Springs

Beaver Lake
Dam Site Lake
Dam Site River
Hickory Creek
Horseshoe Bend East
Horseshoe Bend West
Indian Creek
Lost Bridge North
Lost Bridge South
Prairie Creek
Rocky Branch
Starkey
War Eagle

Blue Mountain Lake
Ashley Creek
Hise Hill
Lick Creek
Outlet Area

Buffalo NR
Erbie
Maumee North
Maumee South
Mount Hersey
Ozark

Bull Shoals Lake
Buck Creek
Dam Site
Highway 125
Lakeview
Lead Hill
Oakland
Ozark Isle
Tucker Hollow

DeGray Lake
Alpine Ridge
Caddo Drive
Edgewood
Iron Mountain
Lennox Marcus
Ozan Point
Point Cedar
Shouse Ford

DeQueen Lake
Bellah Mine
Oak Grove
Pine Ridge

Dierks Lake
Blue Ridge
Horseshoe Bend

Gillham Lake
Big Coon Creek
Little Coon Creek

Greers Ferry Lake
Cherokee
Cove Creek
Heber Springs
Hill Creek
Mill Creek
Old Highway 25

Lake Greeson
Arrowhead Point
Bear Creek
Buckhorn
Cowhide Cove
Kirby Landing
Laurel Creek
Narrows Dam Site
Parker Creek
Pikeview
Self Creek
Star of the West

Lake Millwood
Beard's Lake
Cottonshed
Paraloma
River Run
Saratoga
White Cliffs

Lake Ouachita
Big Fir
Crystal Springs
Irons Fork
Lena Landing
Little Fir
Stephens Park
Tompkins Bend
Twin Creek

Nimrod Lake
Carter Cove
County Line
Quarry Cove
River Road

Norfork Lake
Bidwell Point
Cranfield
Gamaliel
Henderson
Jordan
Panther Bay
Robinson Point
Woods Point

Ouachita NF
Crystal
Little Pines
Shirely Creek

Ozark NF
Richland Creek
Spring Lake

Table Rock Lake
Cricket Creek

St. Francis NF
Bear Creek Lake
Storm Creek Lake
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

NaturalStateReb

"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

holman24

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: holman24 on May 26, 2006, 08:44:29 am
I put one in for whitrow springs

I really appreciate it!  It's a big state, and there's over 200 locations, so I can use all the help I can get.

SultanofSwine

May 31, 2006, 03:12:12 pm #4 Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 03:18:15 pm by SultanofSwine
Merisach Lake has a fairly large and nicely kept campground. Boat ramp is in excellant shape and the showers and bathrooms have always been in good working order when I used them. Wild Goose store is just outside the park and has a wide enough array of products to get you by in most any situation. The foods not bad there either, very good fish, chicken is ok, I highly recommend the fried pies especially the choc chip/pecan. The owners Mike and Carolun are friends and really good folks so if your down that way give 'em a little business.

Notres Bend is a much smaller version of Merisach and considering that they are only 5 mintues apart I would stay at the former, even if fishing below the dam. Merisach is above the dam. The ramp is long, fairly steep and bad to sand in and the water can fluctuate pretty rapidly. If you only have 2wd, take a shovel. The ramp itself is in good shape structurally though. Watch for snakes though, I saw the rattler mentioned in Sunday's Gazette and it was no pea-jinker.

I have stayed at several of the others but it has been more than three years for all the others and I hate to give an opinion based on how they were then.

tophawg19

white oak lake is pretty nice with all the accomadations you could want. this may be one of the toughest lakes to figure out but if you do there are some huge bass caught every year . this lake is in the poison springs area so there is plenty of places to ride 4 wheelers as well . bring what you will need because the lake is about 25 miles from camden which is the closest town of any size . there is a store at bluff city and chidester as well as a park store but prices are kind of high at these stores . it's a pretty and peaceful sight with a swimming area for kids and a play ground as well .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

NaturalStateReb

NaturalStateReb

Starting to get more wiped out, thanks for the help.   :)