Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crow Hunting on Certain Days of the Week

Started by Snort and Squeal, May 10, 2006, 12:11:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Snort and Squeal

Does anyone know why you can only crow hunt on certain days of the week?  I know that I have heard this before but can't remember.
Is it any coincidence that we bleed red???  I think not!

DOGALUM

There are several tall tales about this.......some involving pigs, some involving rattlesnakes.

The truth involves ducks.  To make a long story short, there were no regulations and/or limits on ducks in Mexico.  A large number of ducks (that migrated back and forth from Arkansas to Mexico) were being killed every year in Mexico and it was costing us a big % of our ducks.  The AG&FC struck a deal with the Mexican game people down there to put and enforce strict rules, very similar to our own, and in return the AG&FC would close crow season in Arkansas a couple of days a week.  (something about the crow in Mexico being held in high esteem.....who frikin knows) 

Anyway......the funny part about the story is that the AG&FC, along with the federal government was just about to throw an insane amount of money at the Mexicans to tighten things up.  Turns out they didn't need to.  Stupid federales!!   Talk to any "Wildlife Officer" in Arkansas when they are off duty, and ask them how many tickets they've actually written for shooting crows on the wrong days of the week.  It's not a law that I've ever seen enforced. 
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

RaZoRtUsK

Dogalum is right about the reason for the season.

To answer your question the reason you can only hunt crows on certain days of the week is because there are a set # of days we can hunt crows. The Game and fish set the days of the week so there would be as many weekends to hunt as possible
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

Snort and Squeal

Quote from: DOGALUM on May 10, 2006, 02:17:13 am
There are several tall tales about this.......some involving pigs, some involving rattlesnakes.

The truth involves ducks.  To make a long story short, there were no regulations and/or limits on ducks in Mexico.  A large number of ducks (that migrated back and forth from Arkansas to Mexico) were being killed every year in Mexico and it was costing us a big % of our ducks.  The AG&FC struck a deal with the Mexican game people down there to put and enforce strict rules, very similar to our own, and in return the AG&FC would close crow season in Arkansas a couple of days a week.  (something about the crow in Mexico being held in high esteem.....who frikin knows) 

Anyway......the funny part about the story is that the AG&FC, along with the federal government was just about to throw an insane amount of money at the Mexicans to tighten things up.  Turns out they didn't need to.  Stupid federales!!   Talk to any "Wildlife Officer" in Arkansas when they are off duty, and ask them how many tickets they've actually written for shooting crows on the wrong days of the week.  It's not a law that I've ever seen enforced. 

Thanks for the info.  I think the stories I had heard were a hybrid of sorts.  I had heard it was an agreement with Native Americans and had something to do with rattlesnakes.  LOL
Is it any coincidence that we bleed red???  I think not!