Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Food Plots and deer

Started by hogbalz, May 07, 2006, 12:19:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogbalz

May 07, 2006, 12:19:57 pm Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 12:29:43 pm by hogbalz
Planted these a couple of weeks ago.
In doing your work in the great world, it is a safe plan to follow a rule I once heard on the football field: Don't flinch, don't fall; hit the line hard.
--Theodore Roosevelt

If you don't make a total commitment to whatever you're doing, then you start looking to bail out the first time the boat starts leaking. It's tough enough getting that boat to shore with everybody rowing, let alone when a guy stands up and starts putting his jacket on.
--Lou Holtz

hogbalz

May 07, 2006, 12:20:51 pm #1 Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 12:22:30 pm by hogbalz
And another
In doing your work in the great world, it is a safe plan to follow a rule I once heard on the football field: Don't flinch, don't fall; hit the line hard.
--Theodore Roosevelt

If you don't make a total commitment to whatever you're doing, then you start looking to bail out the first time the boat starts leaking. It's tough enough getting that boat to shore with everybody rowing, let alone when a guy stands up and starts putting his jacket on.
--Lou Holtz

hogbalz

Some of the ones that have came of our land.
--Theodore Roosevelt

--Lou Holtz

hogbalz

--Theodore Roosevelt

--Lou Holtz

hogbalz

--Theodore Roosevelt

--Lou Holtz

pioneerhog

Not bad for just being a couple of weeks old. Looks like you got some good deer hunting by the looks of the pics. The second deer in the first set of deer picture, the one with the blood coming out of it's mouth, would be one of those types to send PETA.

hogbalz

Quote from: pioneerhog on May 07, 2006, 06:50:27 pm
Not bad for just being a couple of weeks old. Looks like you got some good deer hunting by the looks of the pics. The second deer in the first set of deer picture, the one with the blood coming out of it's mouth, would be one of those types to send PETA.

Thanks Pioneerhog.You are right peta would have a fit over that picture.
--Theodore Roosevelt

--Lou Holtz

pioneerhog

Quote from: hogbalz on May 08, 2006, 04:43:19 am
Quote from: pioneerhog on May 07, 2006, 06:50:27 pm

Thanks Pioneerhog.You are right peta would have a fit over that picture.
I love it though. Pics like that of deer are what I like.

tophawg19

some nice racks . peta can kiss my whitetail . rain should give those food plots a big boost.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

hogbalz

Quote from: tophawg19 on May 08, 2006, 08:23:17 pm
some nice racks . peta can kiss my whitetail . rain should give those food plots a big boost.

I here y'all have been getting some nice rain back home. I sure hope so. That clover is not exactly cheap.
--Theodore Roosevelt

--Lou Holtz

pioneerhog

Quote from: hogbalz on May 09, 2006, 09:38:16 am
Quote from: tophawg19 on May 08, 2006, 08:23:17 pm

I here y'all have been getting some nice rain back home. I sure hope so. That clover is not exactly cheap.
Raining right now here in Batesville. Over the last week-2 weeks our food plots have really grown, well what the deer aren't keeping ate down anyway.

Burnt Orange Sucks

My uncle and I came up with an incredible recipe for a deer lick that you just put on the ground. Cheap and very effective.
Interested, just reply back and I'll let you know.
TEXAS....NATIONAL FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS IN 70?71?72?73?74?75?76?77?78?79?80?81?82?83?84?85?86?87?88?89?90?91?92?93?94?95?96?97?98?99?00?01?02?03?04?05......wait, YES   05'

pioneerhog

Quote from: Burnt Orange Sucks on May 11, 2006, 07:48:17 pm
My uncle and I came up with an incredible recipe for a deer lick that you just put on the ground. Cheap and very effective.
What is it? I have heard of several different one. but I am always open to somethine new.

tophawg19

some buddies of mine put out deer co-caine with good success . i tried it and found out my deer are drug free . they walked all through it but never used it .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

pioneerhog

Quote from: tophawg19 on May 14, 2006, 01:04:25 pm
some buddies of mine put out deer co-caine with good success . i tried it and found out my deer are drug free . they walked all through it but never used it .
I have tried it as well with no success. A couple of things that have worked for me is, molasses spread out on an old rotting out stump, they will paw at the stump until there is nothing left of it amd another is buying a cheap jar of peanut butter and cutting a hole in the bottom of it and taking the lid and screwing it to a tree and then just screw the jar back on the lid, they will eat the entire jar.

fordyce boy

I used some stuff they call rice bran this year and the deer flogged it. They sell it in 1400 pound sacks. It wasn't but ninety bucks. Good stuff.

fordyce boy

By the way, awesome looking food plot hogbalz!!

hogbalz

Quote from: fordyce boy on May 15, 2006, 12:11:34 am
By the way, awesome looking food plot hogbalz!!

Thanks

Quote from: Burnt Orange Sucks on May 11, 2006, 07:48:17 pm

I use the Imperial Whitetail Institute mineral lick and have had great success with it.
--Theodore Roosevelt

--Lou Holtz