Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Let's make some waves.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 16, 2015, 06:48:45 pm
Jeff can't win in the 4th quarter. Dadvader chokes on big plays, onebadrubi is a hothead, widespread can't hit a total to save his life, hogsanity has no control of his bankroll, yravic is too quiet.

Haha, that's the truth. I've almost weened myself completely off totals. Not sure if I've played more than one or two this season.

hogsanity

small play tonight

bg -7
ohio -8.5
oh/ball st un 53.5

1/2 unit each and a 1/4 unit parlay
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

SPAL

elksnort

yraciv

hogsanity

Quote from: hogsanity on November 17, 2015, 02:52:49 pm
small play tonight

bg -7
ohio -8.5
oh/ball st un 53.5

1/2 unit each and a 1/4 unit parlay

well that was a horrible start
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogsanity

SPAL

Ive dabbled in it but ihavent posted much. I'm gonna post them this year. After the duke debacle, I might be smart not to

hogsanity

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 17, 2015, 09:29:11 pm
Ive dabbled in it but ihavent posted much. I'm gonna post them this year. After the duke debacle, I might be smart not to

I've been doing nothing but over/un and done pretty well so far, but i don't think i would touch a basketball spread.

widespreadsooie

College Basketball is very tough. It's a lot to keep up with. It helps me to limit my action to certain teams and conferences I can focus my attention to.

onebadrubi

Quote from: hogsanity on November 17, 2015, 09:40:15 pm
I've been doing nothing but over/un and done pretty well so far, but i don't think i would touch a basketball spread.

I did real well last year in the tourneys.  So far this year Ive played minimum bets just to get some action to grow my attention. I'd play very small for awhile till these teams figure out whose good and whose not. 

For what's its worth I thought Duke would win but didn't bet it, honestly got the game times mixed up.  Glad I screwed that pooch along with the BG game, didn't realize that was a 5:00 game. 

WILL CLINTON

Leans for this week:

Georgia -14.5 v Georgia Southern
UNC -6.5 v VT
TAMU -7 v Vandy
Navy -12 v Tulsa
Louisville +2 v Pitt
Indiana +2.5 v Maryland

There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

I put A small
Play on KY last night, but unfortunately I also had the over in that.
Let's make some waves.

ChicoHog

I have won on Toledo every single week since they beat the Hogs.  Only week I did not win was their loss to NIU a couple weeks ago as I did not realize they were playing on a Tuesday night and missed getting my bet in which saved me the loss. Won last night on the points and the money line.  Love that team.  Now they need West Mich to beat NIU tonight for them to go the MAC championship game.  Only problem is I bet on NIU tonight so that theory does not work!

DadVader1

Working on others, but so far 2 units each on:

NC -6.5 (this one makes me nervous as looking too good to be true)
C. Mich -10 (h)

I'll proably do more this afternoon but wanted to go ahead and get in C. Mich.

DadVader1

November 18, 2015, 02:33:51 pm #9066 Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 03:15:56 pm by DadVader1
OK, here's what I've done so far (2 units each):

Ind +3
Nev +15
Navy -12
SD St -16
SJ St -10(h)
La Tech -24(h)
C. Mich -10(h)
NC -6.5

The sheets also love New Mexico St., but my guess is that the power rating systems aren't taking into account how banged up NMS is this week.

SPAL

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 18, 2015, 04:49:17 pm
Central Michigan -8

sitting in class and forgot about this game until just now. I was with you on CMU.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Prob lose my ass, but on Chippewas -8 / 1 unit
N IL -3 /. 1 unit
Carolina hoops -23 one unit
Crap Hogs -6 / 1 unit
Let's make some waves.

DadVader1

Too soon to say yet, and I still added a tiny amount to make it a 10% play, but that spooked me when the C. Mich line quickly dropped from -10.5 to -8.

widespreadsooie

Leans:

Cincy -2
Hogs -3.5
tOSU -13
BAY pk
MEM -1
UNC -6.5
OM -4
SMU -3
GA St -3
Utah -2
Vandy +7
La T -24

I can't believe I like so many favorites, normally a dog guy if you couldn't tell. Really lean towards Ole Miss and Baylor.

SPAL

November 18, 2015, 11:42:07 pm #9072 Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 11:18:33 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
11-13 NFL picks
35-18 NCAAF
0-1 NCAAB

hogsanity

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 18, 2015, 11:42:07 pm
11-12 NFL picks
31-16 NCAAF
0-1 NCAAB

NFL has killed me. So far I am 10-3 on ncaab, playing nothing but ov/un.

campushog23

I've always enjoyed keeping up with this thread and have posted sporadically. I haven't been very disciplined with my bankroll (making last minute bets, chasing, etc.) the last couple of weeks so I feel like posting my picks in here could help. So with that:

Jags -3 1u

And for the weekend so far:
Oregon -4 2u
Ole Miss -4 2u
Baylor/OK St. o77 1u

Good luck to everyone!

gopigs

The words jags and shove should never be in the same sentence. Except for tonight.

10+ pt win for jags.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: campushog23 on November 19, 2015, 03:38:52 pm
I've always enjoyed keeping up with this thread and have posted sporadically. I haven't been very disciplined with my bankroll (making last minute bets, chasing, etc.) the last couple of weeks so I feel like posting my picks in here could help. So with that:

Jags -3 1u

Oregon -4 2u
Ole Miss -4 2u
Baylor/OK St. o77 1u

Good luck to everyone!

Good number on OM, it's at 6.5 now. I'm hoping people will hop all over LSU at 6.5 and it goes back down.

MS_HogFan

Speaking of the OM / LSU game.

I live in Jackson MS and the rumor I heard today was that Robert Nkemdiche was somehow involved in the situation with his brother and that he isn't going to play this weekend.  If both of those guys are out it could be bad news for the Rebels.

I don't know if this rumor is true or not. I just thought I would pass it along so you guys could do a little digging before you place your bet.

Michael

SOOIE

ChattanoogaHog

Quote from: gopigs on November 19, 2015, 04:37:22 pm
The words jags and shove should never be in the same sentence. Except for tonight.

10+ pt win for jags.

gopigs has no clue what he is talking about. Mariota on the road this year: 2-1 record, 10 TD's, 0 INT's, and over 65% completion percentage. +3 on Tennessee is a steal tonight!

SPAL

Titans +3

Had a 20 dollar loyalty bonus in my account this afternoon. Playing it here.

campushog23

Quote from: widespreadsooie on November 19, 2015, 04:37:39 pm
Good number on OM, it's at 6.5 now. I'm hoping people will hop all over LSU at 6.5 and it goes back down.

Yeah I jumped on it as soon as the lines were available on my book. With the Nkemdiche news coming out, I hope I'm not regretting it Saturday.

Titans + 3
Over 42.5

ECU-14 bought hook
ULM +6

All 1 unit plays

Tied all together in a parlay for half a unit.
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: campushog23 on November 19, 2015, 03:38:52 pm

Jags -3 1u

Oregon -4 2u
Ole Miss -4 2u
Baylor/OK St. o77 1u

Good luck to everyone!

Hang around this time. Good luck on your picks.
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: ChattanoogaHog on November 19, 2015, 05:48:32 pm
gopigs has no clue what he is talking about. Mariota on the road this year: 2-1 record, 10 TD's, 0 INT's, and over 65% completion percentage. +3 on Tennessee is a steal tonight!

Welcome to the thread.
Let's make some waves.

gopigs

widespreadsooie

Quote from: MS_HogFan on November 19, 2015, 04:47:22 pm
Speaking of the OM / LSU game.

I live in Jackson MS and the rumor I heard today was that Robert Nkemdiche was somehow involved in the situation with his brother and that he isn't going to play this weekend.  If both of those guys are out it could be bad news for the Rebels.

I don't know if this rumor is true or not. I just thought I would pass it along so you guys could do a little digging before you place your bet.

Michael

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to talk to some of my OM folk today and see what they've heard.

Let's make some waves.

hogsanity

just the early games so far tomorrow

rutgers -4.5
indiana + 2.5
NC -5.5
Pur +23

Ill add more but I want to look at the weather for the mid after noon and evening games

onebadrubi

Duke +2.5
UNC -6 (got it early and now it's goin down, ugh oh)
Navy -10
Memphis -1
Iowa Under 57
SMU-3
Kentucky/Charl U56 (tailing someone)
Ok st -1
Notre Dame -15

DadVader1

DadVader1

Yeah, for the UNC/VT game, it's looking like folks are expecting VT to play above themselves in their black out uniforms for Beamer's last home game.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: DadVader1 on November 20, 2015, 11:41:50 am
Yeah, for the UNC/VT game, it's looking like folks are expecting VT to play above themselves in their black out uniforms for Beamer's last home game.

Yeah, I think I'm just going to stay away from this one. Vegas obviously has a hunch on VT.

SPAL

gopigs

It's payday in the great land of the USA. If you're looking to double that paycheck, shove on Wisconsin -1.5 4 pm tip.

widespreadsooie

Weekend card, may add more but probably not:

USF/Cincy u66
Hogs/OM ML parlay +100
Vandy +7
Ohio St -13.5
Baylor pk

32-35 YTD

SPAL

SPAL

Gut said south Florida and I went the other way....34-3 usf. I need a good saturday

DadVader1

You usually deliver on Saturdays, so no sweat.

campushog23

Added Memphis/Temple o58 2u. Usually never play totals but really like the over for this game and Baylor/OK St.

McKdaddy

LSU  +6.5  2u
MSU  +13.5  1u
oSu  pk  2u
Mich  -3  2u
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin