Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pel = Sly Croom

Started by Hogeyeblind, March 11, 2009, 09:17:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogeyeblind

March 11, 2009, 09:17:49 pm Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 09:31:18 pm by Hogeyeblind
A nice guy who you want to see make it, but in all reality you know he just isnt the guy to get it done

RazorHawg16

Quote from: Hogeyeblind on March 11, 2009, 09:17:49 pm
A nice guy who you want to see make it, but it all reality you know he just isnt the guy to get it done
One big difference you forgot to mention. I bet Frank could help you point it out.

WagesHog

Quote from: Hogeyeblind on March 11, 2009, 09:17:49 pm
A nice guy who you want to see make it, but it all reality you know he just isnt the guy to get it done

no, that was stan heath

HOGSWEAT

I always thought Sly Croom could have pulled it out given a few more years... which may explain why I hope Pel stays. :-P

FanWithFacts

They did both win 2 SEC games this year. Croom was fired after a 45-0 loss. If the Hogs lose by 45, will Pel be fired?

elksnort

ruarealhogfan

Petrino won 2 Sec games & lost to Croom, but he only lost to Florida by 31...Of course I think it was a learning season & we were young on both teams...yet most of the naysayers only choose to blast Pel for losing & for his kid's getting in trouble...somewhat hypocritical don't ya think?

Poker_hog

Quote from: ruarealhogfan on March 11, 2009, 10:27:05 pm
Petrino won 2 Sec games & lost to Croom, but he only lost to Florida by 31...Of course I think it was a learning season & we were young on both teams...yet most of the naysayers only choose to blast Pel for losing & for his kid's getting in trouble...somewhat hypocritical don't ya think?

not at all.  CBP has one of the best recruitng classes in school history coming in next year.  Pel, not so much.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

ruarealhogfan

Quote from: Poker_hog on March 11, 2009, 10:29:41 pm
not at all.  CBP has one of the best recruitng classes in school history coming in next year.  Pel, not so much.

Exactly my point

Porkatarian

Croom commanded the repect of his players.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

HogBreath

You do realize that the SEC in football, and the SEC in basketball are quite different right?

For example, our loss to Florida in football by 31 was pretty well in line with our loss in the 2nd round last season to North Carolina, oddly enough, by 31 also.  And the Heels didn't even make the title game last year.  So, when you consider the facts, it's not hypocritical at all.  You just have to make an apples to apples comparison.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

The Boar War

Petrino also took his lumps this season but he's developed a plan, he's working toward that plan, and he's achieved at the highest levels (BCS bowls).  I like Pelphrey and I want him to succeed but he hasn't done any of those.

elksnort

I saw progress with the football team (except for Mississipppi St. and Kentucky). I've seen little or no progress with the basketball team.

Tomhog™

The thing you obviously don't get is that with Petrino most of us see a bright future ahead for the program.  I could go on and on about why this is but won't waste the space for now.

Pelphrey started out promising but is fading at a rapid pace.  His recruiting leaves us nothing to excited about in the future.

There is no hypocricy in this at all.

Lieutenant Dan