Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who leaves and Who stays?

Started by Granny fan, March 10, 2009, 07:39:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Granny fan

Will any players leave? Who will stay?  What do you think?

FeralHogs

Quote from: Granny fan on March 10, 2009, 07:39:02 pm
Will any players leave? Who will stay?  What do you think?

Granny I hope none. . .we desperately need ALL of them to return. However, as some have attempted state, that may not be the case. :o

want2be

Granny, I am a Grandpaw and getting a little impatient with the past 10 years of going backwards.

I would guess Washington is gone and proabably Henry........The golfer will lose his scholly and either Clark or Moore might head elsewhere.

Breems

Wash is really most likely gone?  Famutini's agent around again?  Or are grades a problem?
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

akp4105

Quote from: want2be on March 10, 2009, 08:35:40 pm
Granny, I am a Grandpaw and getting a little impatient with the past 10 years of going backwards.

I would guess Washington is gone and proabably Henry........The golfer will lose his scholly and either Clark or Moore might head elsewhere.

Stay:
Fortson
Welsh
Clarke
Britt
Sanchez
Washington
Clark (possibly)
Moore (possibly)

Gone:
Henry
Moore (possibly)
Clark (possibly)
JP Noland.. lol

Newcomers:
Jemal Farmer
Marshawn Powell
Anthony Borden (may be placed at prep school)
hopefully 2 other guys

I think its possible one of the two bigs (Clark or Moore) won't be on the Hill next year. Washington isnt going anywhere.

want2be

Quote from: ImissBrewer on March 10, 2009, 08:38:39 pm
Wash is really most likely gone?  Famutini's agent around again?  Or are grades a problem?

RUMOR is that he isn't making it to classes consistently........Can't confirm, though.

akp4105

Quote from: want2be on March 10, 2009, 08:42:57 pm

RUMOR is that he isn't making it to classes consistently........Can't confirm, though.

What athlete does make it to class consistently.. He'll be here next year.

want2be

Quote from: akp4105 on March 10, 2009, 08:44:25 pm
What athlete does make it to class consistently.. He'll be here next year.

We all hope you are right and look forward to Pel confirming it at some point.

thirtythree

Quote from: want2be on March 10, 2009, 08:42:57 pm

Then why post it? Why are rumors constantly being posted in here? Can't they be posted in the rumor section?

Rumors Rumors Rumors and no FActs. Why do you people constantly do that?

want2be

Quote from: thirtythree on March 10, 2009, 08:47:30 pm
Then why post it? Why are rumors constantly being posted in here? Can't they be posted in the rumor section?

Rumors Rumors Rumors and no FActs. Why do you people constantly do that?

Where there is smoke there is most often fire................It is just discussion..........cool it.

rude1

Does it matter? We will lose with them or without them next year.

want2be

Quote from: rude1 on March 10, 2009, 09:06:56 pm
Does it matter? We will lose with them or without them next year.

If we can keep and make progress with current players and if we get the recruits that have signed and if Pel can get two more quality recruits, next year could be a whole lot better.

rude1

Quote from: want2be on March 10, 2009, 09:17:17 pm

If we can keep and make progress with current players and if we get the recruits that have signed and if Pel can get two more quality recruits, next year could be a whole lot better.
Even with the best case scenario. I still do not believe that this team will be any good, based on who they have and what they have coming in.

akp4105

Quote from: rude1 on March 10, 2009, 09:23:51 pm
Even with the best case scenario. I still do not believe that this team will be any good, based on who they have and what they have coming in.

Actually with the guys who will return.. including Washington. This team should be greatly improved next year. Powell is a player and will start as soon as he steps on campus. Farmer should make an immediate impact too. We'll just have to wait and see.

donewithdale

For us to get to avg, we need 3 SEC level starters that will either emerge from the current roster or more likely from recruiting which is a longshot.

PG Fort
SG Farmer? or another big guard yet to be signed which is a longshot
C Wash
F Powell
F ?

Backups:
SG Clarke
combo G Britt and Welsh
PF Moore, Clark, Sanchez(who should be encouraged to transfer after next season to free up a scholarship)
C Clark and maybe Borden

I haven't included Henry.  A raw talent who may would develop but he isn't worth the hassle. 

rude1

Quote from: akp4105 on March 10, 2009, 09:44:33 pm
Actually with the guys who will return.. including Washington. This team should be greatly improved next year. Powell is a player and will start as soon as he steps on campus. Farmer should make an immediate impact too. We'll just have to wait and see.
You are talking about coming back with the same bunch that just went 2-14, and you think that by some stroke of magic they are going to improve that much? Powell isn't  the type of talent thats going to be a program changer.  We beat out Nebraska and UAB for Farmers services. Do not expect for him to add much if anything to the equation. This team will still have more holes than swiss cheese.

akp4105

Quote from: rude1 on March 10, 2009, 09:55:16 pm
  You are talking about coming back with the same bunch that just went 2-14, and you think that by some stroke of magic they are going to improve that much? Powell isn't  the type of talent thats going to be a program changer.  We beat out Nebraska and UAB for Farmers services. Do not expect for him to add much if anything to the equation. This team will still have more holes than swiss cheese.

Actually we need a good 4 man and a long guard.. thats exactly what we're getting.

Fortson/Welsh/Britt
Welsh/Clarke/Britt
Farmer/Clarke/Henry (if he's here)
Powell/Sanchez/Clark/Moore
Washington/Clark/Sanchez

Those two give us exactly what we need. A good 4 who can help on BOTH ends and a long guard who can score as well. The more depth we have.. we can play more of the style Pel wants to play. Right now we're stuck playing a 2-3 zone most of the time because we dont have the depth to play full court man like he'd like to. Hopefully Pel and Co. pick up another long guard in this class as well. Powell will def make a huge impact when he steps on campus. Do I think we'll be 14-2 next year in the SEC.. highly doubtful. I do think we can be in the 8-8 or 9-7 range. It's amazing what a year of experience does for players.. even a team that goes 2-14 in conf.

Hogtropolis™

From what I've been reading here is what our roster of true scholarship players will look like so far next year.

PG - Fortson (probably)
SG - Clarke
SG - Britt
SG - Welsh
SF - Farmer
PF - Sanchez
PF - Moore
PF - Clark
PF - Powell (probably will qualify)
C - Borden (probably will qualify)

Washington, from all accounts, is going pro.
Henry from what I've heard will probably transfer or be forced to transfer.

So we're still looking at no depth at the PG position, no height from the guards at all, no-depth at the SF position, and A LOT of question marks about our big men.

If it does indeed pan out like this, next year WILL NOT be any better than this year.

The Boar War

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on March 11, 2009, 10:35:21 am
From what I've been reading here is what our roster of true scholarship players will look like so far next year.

PG - Fortson (probably)
SG - Clarke
SG - Britt
SG - Welsh
SF - Farmer
PF - Sanchez
PF - Moore
PF - Clark

So we're still looking at no depth at the PG position, no height from the guards at all, no-depth at the SF position, and A LOT of question marks about our big men.

If it does indeed pan out like this, next year WILL NOT be any better than this year.

So this might be our starting line up next year:

1 Fortson
2 Clarke
3 Farmer
4 Powell
5 Sanchez

Didn't think it was possible but we might be worse next year.

akp4105

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on March 11, 2009, 10:35:21 am

PG - Fortson (probably)
SG - Clarke
SG - Britt
SG - Welsh
SF - Farmer
PF - Sanchez
PF - Moore
PF - Clark

Mike Washington is not going to the NBA.

PorkRyan

Quote from: akp4105 on March 11, 2009, 02:26:51 pm

But he will be playing in Latvia

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: akp4105 on March 11, 2009, 02:26:51 pm
I'm not asking you to reveal your source, but I am asking if you have an inside source, or are you just saying that because you don't believe he's ready?

I have heard from some reliable people that Washington is not coming back.  I'm sure that is subject to change, but if you're only reasoning is because he is not ready, that has not stopped numerous players before him from doing it.

husker71

The best thing for Washington(in my opinion) first go to Pete Newells bigman camp, even without PN this is a must to get him with some other talented bigs and work hard at preparing for next SEC season and listen to experts tell him what he must do to play at the next level.  Second, please go to Fonde center in Houston or somewhere like it where pickup games are against NBA caliber players.

akp4105

Quote from: husker71 on March 11, 2009, 02:55:24 pm
The best thing for Washington(in my opinion) first go to Pete Newells bigman camp, even without PN this is a must to get him with some other talented bigs and work hard at preparing for next SEC season and listen to experts tell him what he must do to play at the next level.  Second, please go to Fonde center in Houston or somewhere like it where pickup games are against NBA caliber players.

He can get those good pick up games in Little Rock this summer.

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on March 11, 2009, 02:34:18 pm
I'm not asking you to reveal your source, but I am asking if you have an inside source, or are you just saying that because you don't believe he's ready?

I have heard from some reliable people that Washington is not coming back.  I'm sure that is subject to change, but if you're only reasoning is because he is not ready, that has not stopped numerous players before him from doing it.

Sure do. Washington has not said he is going anywhere and early on he was leaning toward leaving. After some different weaknesses being exposed throughout the year and being told if he develops his left more, improves his outside shot and plays another year he has a legit shot at the NBA.. He'll listen, and he'll stick around. If he declares now, he's going overseas.. He wants to be in the NBA. This year's class of big men is talented and he has a lot of guys in front of him. We'll have to wait and see what happens, but it's likely he'll stick around for next year.