Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Still think we can win the SEC?

Started by Trent3322, December 27, 2007, 04:15:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Trent3322

I think so.. Don't turn the ball over!

VirginiaHog

I agree that I still feel this team is going to do well in the SEC. And, have as good a chance as anyone to win the SEC. However, it is now shooting more than turnovers. Turnovers did not lose the Ok or Ap St. games. It was poor shooting.

This team will need a miracle to break even in the SEC.  Great  teams never lose to gimmes and it takes a great team to win the SEC.  These players whom I believed could play lights out if properly coached, can't shoot, can't play smouthering defense, can't play to each others strength, refuse 100 percent effort for 4 quarters and in general, do not know how to win.

harmonyhog

Section B

Never believed they could in the first place.  Certainly don't now.  Same players, same level of talent, means similar result.  It takes players AND coaching to win championships.  Coaching alone won't do it. 

7-9, 8-8, 9-7 most likely result.  Need a couple of years of great recruiting before winning the SEC is realistic.  Too many athletes and not enough bball players.
Quote from: wocraig on February 23, 2009, 09:34:42 PM
"This is the beginning of a major character flaw with American society.
If this feeling of entitlement is allowed to fester, our republic will not be maintainable.
We need a grassroots movement encouraging personal responsibility and the reiteration that government only provides equality of opportunity... NOT EQUALITY OF OUTCOME." 

Amen brotha.

Tomhog™

No, don't think the senior leadership can get it done night in and night out.  I still think Ole Miss will win the West and Tinner will win overall.  Arkansas will likely finish 2nd or 3rd in the West and get in the NCAA Tourney as a 10-12 seed.

chiefsfan

We might win the west but that all depends on how Ole Miss pans out

10 SEC wins is possible depending on how we play at home and in the winnable road games
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Adam Stokes

If we can win two games, Ole Miss and Tennesse, we will win the SEC title game.  We look crappy, but I'd only put three teams in front of us right now.  Vandy, Tennessee, and Ole Miss.

kuhog

No. I don't think we have what it takes to win the SEC. More than likely, we finish 5th with a .500 record. Behind Tennessee, Vandy, Florida, and Ole Miss. If that happens, we won't get invited to the NCAA tournament. The SEC simply looks awful this year. No more than 4 SEC teams gets to the big dance.

Modsquad24

thats not accurate i promise you if 5 teams from the sec have good resumes at seasons end they will go, now 6 this year could be iffy but still doable.

kuhog

Quote from: Modsquad24 on December 28, 2007, 12:20:50 pm
thats not accurate i promise you if 5 teams from the sec have good resumes at seasons end they will go, now 6 this year could be iffy but still doable.

With the exception of Tennessee, Vandy, and Ole Miss at this point, which SEC team has a good resume? The SEC as a whole does not have a signature win within its resume. The SEC's out of conference record is borderline embarrassing. So when conference play begins, it will just show that a bunch of average teams are beating up on one another. Come selection Sunday, the selection committee will notice this and only offer teams with an above .500 winning percentage, and a couple SEC tournament wins an opportunity to play in the NCAA's. 4 teams from the SEC is likely, 5 is a slim possibility, but no chance at 6. By seasons end, Arkansas will be a bubble team if the Hogs finish the regular SEC season at 9-7. If we finish at 8-8, I don't think we'll get in, unless we win the SEC tournament. The reason: our only decent OOC win is a Missouri team that will finish in the bottom half of the Big 12. Maybe we'll get by Baylor.

spudhog

i know we can win the west, maybe not the sec. ut and vandy seem to be better than us at this point. but auburn, bama, msu, and lsu seem to only be marginally better. miss seems to be a step better. not saying we're the best ever but we should be able to win 10 con games. that should win you the west.

Pigonometry

I think we'll go 10-6.  Good enough to win the SEC West but not the overall because the East is better this year.
Baseball is simple, but never easy.

hview

I like to see them compete on the road against Baylor and win.

The Truth

Quote from: kuhog on December 28, 2007, 10:49:27 am
No. I don't think we have what it takes to win the SEC. More than likely, we finish 5th with a .500 record. Behind Tennessee, Vandy, Florida, and Ole Miss. If that happens, we won't get invited to the NCAA tournament. The SEC simply looks awful this year. No more than 4 SEC teams gets to the big dance.

Dismal, but realistic.
The Truth hurts.

realpig

We are struggling with Sr. leadership, but so is the rest of the SEC this year.  It is a good year for Pel to work some of the younger players, we will likely lose 5 games or more in the SEC, but we might pull off the SEC West.  I think we will have a better than average year, make the big dance, and hopefully win a couple.  I'm counting on some of our younger players to step up as the season moves forward.
Successful people do what unsuccessful people dislike doing.  It's not that they like doing them, but their strength of purpose is greater than their dislike of doing them.