Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Theory on Beverley's struggles

Started by swinesation, December 25, 2007, 01:24:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

swinesation

Has anybody considered the possiblity that Beverley is suffering from fatigue? He played internationally for a few months, and then went right into Pelphrey's regime. Most of his missed shots are short, a sign of his legs not being fully underneath him. He is a young, thin guy. I think his body might be just a little bit out of whack from being pushed relentlessly without a break for the first time in his life. One might say that, to a certain extent, Beverley shot his wad playing for Team USA.

I hope he gets his legs back. He is the man!

HawgG

I think that Patrick is trying to hard and his fatigue is more mental then physical IMO.

He is a very emotional young person and he has been through a lot in less then 2 years at Arkansas.

The Coaching change hurt his game but I believe that he is a pretty good player and he will eventually figure out what he should and needs to be doing.

The guy is not a fluke.

fineswine

The fatigue theory makes great sense.  The people who are in the NBA always talk about the first and second year players "hitting the wall".  They are unaccustomed to playing that much ball (albeit every night).

Michael11

I agree to some extent. But the summer ball does not make him fatigued. Even as much as he played for team USA it doesn't equal the amount of ball he would have played in high school during summers of AAU ball. IF he was on a good AAU team you are talking about tournaments all over the US and multiple games in a day.
Michael Thomason   Rom. 10:9/2CO.5:21

slopinhogs

in that case he should light them up the next game huh. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

ashleyswine

a paternity suit would be pretty mentally pre-occupying  don't you think? 

Brewerfan10

Quote from: Michael11 on December 25, 2007, 11:19:44 am
I agree to some extent. But the summer ball does not make him fatigued. Even as much as he played for team USA it doesn't equal the amount of ball he would have played in high school during summers of AAU ball. IF he was on a good AAU team you are talking about tournaments all over the US and multiple games in a day.

i am pretty sure he didn't play AAU

Prosciutto

I think he will be there when conference starts. No person on this team wants to win more than PB.

bricklayer

I'm pretty sure that's not why he's not playing up to par.  He had a great pre-conference season last year and didn't do very much after that if you'll remember.  He didn't do anything in conference play or in the tourney.  I hope he gets it turned around for our sake because we have NO SCORING other than him.  An inconsistent Weems and nonexistent Thomas and Townes is going to give us some ugly games to watch after Christmas.  I like the job Pelfrey is doing with these kids.  It's just gonna take some time and new recruits to get this thing turned around.  You aren't gonna win very many game with no true point guard and no consistent shooters.

Quote from: Brewerfan10 on December 25, 2007, 06:54:46 pm
i am pretty sure he didn't play AAU

Razorback88

harmonyhog

swinesation

Quote from: Michael11 on December 25, 2007, 11:19:44 am

But I don't think high school ball equals near the hard work in practice that college ball equals - especially the way Pelphrey has been working them. Don't get me wrong - I'm glad Pelphrey is working them hard. I just think the rigorous training Pel has put them through on top of playing for Team USA might have gotten into his legs a little bit.

pigstye

I think the young man has off the court problems......and he's been thinking with the wrong head.

booogaga

i think the lawsuit is distracting him.
GO HOGS!