Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bottom line...this group of seniors just don't care!

Started by Porkem, December 23, 2007, 02:06:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Porkem

Don't blame Little Rock...Alltel is not exactly BWA...but the LR fans did their part!

Don't blame Pelphrey...he's doing everything he can do get this team going.  Some of the guys on the team just can't (or won't) buy into Pelphrey's system.  Weems and Irvin can get up and down the court but they just can't handle the basketball.

Don't blame Beverly (ok...maybe this woman and the paternity suit are messing with his head)...but everyone knows he's the star of this team and we would be nothing without him.

Gary Irvin, with his stupid smile, is only here for a free ride.  When your starting point guard, a senior, leads the team in turnovers...you have a major problem.

Sonny Weems, ditto on the turnovers.  Plus, he doesn't like going to class.

Charles Thomas, he's had his own problems (domestic battery charges against his girlfriend) that may be messing with his head.  Whatever it is...he doesn't seem to want to stay out of foul trouble and help the team.

Steven Hill...gives us nothing offensively...NOTHING!  He is at times, a major liability.

Darion Townes...playing better than he ever has...but still keeps making those comments "They wanted it more than we did."

Vincent Hunter...well, he doesn't even see any action, so I can't criticize him too much.

The plus side to all of this?  The SEC West is down this year.  Ole Miss has padded their record on cupcakes.  Alabama is about like us.  LSU is way down from where they used to be...Miss State is not very good...and Auburn is terrible.

Still...these seniors need to wake up...their careers are almost over!

"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

hogtheball

Quote from: Porkem Yung on December 23, 2007, 02:06:56 am
Darion Townes...playing better than he ever has...but still keeps making those comments "They wanted it more than we did."

Maybe he's trying to get the rest of the team motivated.  He's made more progress than I thought possible this year - actually plays like he cares.  That same statement had to be made a thousand times by Karl Malone during his career.   I agree with your assessment on the others.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

southeasthog

Quote from: hogtheball on December 26, 2007, 12:02:35 pm
Maybe he's trying to get the rest of the team motivated.  He's made more progress than I thought possible this year - actually plays like he cares.  That same statement had to be made a thousand times by Karl Malone during his career.   I agree with your assessment on the others.
I agree. Townes is doing all he can. Finally playing up to his potential. Weems on the other hand...How can someone with so much talent play so lackidasical? He is a turnover waiting to happen unless he is out on the break.

jkstock04

I guess ya'll weren't watching the same game I was the other day.  Townes got absolutley took to school all day long by App. States postman, can't remember his name...but it was sad and pathetic to watch.  That guy absolutley killed us and Townes could do nothing to stop it. 

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

TRUHOG718

Quote from: Porkem Yung on December 23, 2007, 02:06:56 am
Don't blame Little Rock...Alltel is not exactly BWA...but the LR fans did their part!

Don't blame Pelphrey...he's doing everything he can do get this team going.  Some of the guys on the team just can't (or won't) buy into Pelphrey's system.  Weems and Irvin can get up and down the court but they just can't handle the basketball.

Don't blame Beverly (ok...maybe this woman and the paternity suit are messing with his head)...but everyone knows he's the star of this team and we would be nothing without him.

Gary Irvin, with his stupid smile, is only here for a free ride.  When your starting point guard, a senior, leads the team in turnovers...you have a major problem.

Sonny Weems, ditto on the turnovers.  Plus, he doesn't like going to class.

Charles Thomas, he's had his own problems (domestic battery charges against his girlfriend) that may be messing with his head.  Whatever it is...he doesn't seem to want to stay out of foul trouble and help the team.

Steven Hill...gives us nothing offensively...NOTHING!  He is at times, a major liability.

Vincent Hunter...well, he doesn't even see any action, so I can't criticize him too much.

The plus side to all of this?  The SEC West is down this year.  Ole Miss has padded their record on cupcakes.  Alabama is about like us.  LSU is way down from where they used to be...Miss State is not very good...and Auburn is terrible.

Still...these seniors need to wake up...their careers are almost over!

As much as I hate to say it that is a pretty fair assesment.  Lets hope the time off gives them time to do some soul searching.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

TRUHOG718

The best part of this season has been the play of Marcus Britt. I like how he stepped up after the App State game and said "we have better come out with a better attitude from here on in if we are going to give ourselves a chance to win".
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

maddog530

Ervin - Very frustrating, but DOES NOT lead our team in turnovers. He isn't even in the top 3.
Weems - Has never appeared to be that good, why does everybody think he has unworldly potential? Exciting player, but not that fundamentally sound
Hill - Liability on offense, would rather block out than get a rebound.  We have known this for 4 years now.
Townes - Streaky inside presence, terrible when trying to guard a man in the post.
Thomas - Seems to be team leader with great energy. Flops too much on defense when he should just play straight up.
Hunter - Doesn't provide much besides energy and attitude, but will have 2-3 meaningful games throughout the year.

I don't think the problem with this group is that they don't care, I just don't believe any of them are all-around basketball players and are just plain frustrating as a whole.  They appear to work hard but are never going to be a top tier team.

yraciv

Ervin- Agree, that stupid smile is irritating, but he doesn't lead the team in turnovers
Weems- Is a complete mystery to me.  I like Sonny, and have watched him since JUCO, but he can't hit a shot.  At UAFS he ran the baseline a lot, so I never saw him turn it over this much.
Hill- We're playing 4 on 5 on offense.  The guy can't do anything except catch alley oops.  I like the defense, but rather have Townes in there.
Townes- To say he doesn't want it is ridiculous.  Seems to be the leader of the team.  I respect his effort to take charges because apparently he has been working on it since high school.
Townes- Play this guy all the time.  I don't know what happened on defense last game, but apparently he is the only big man other then Washington that can score.
Hunter- He definately wants it, but big men who only shoot 3s aren't in high demand.  Good chearleader!

My honest opinion is Ervin and Hill are hurting the team.  If I had to create a team my first interest would be PG that can distribute and then a Center that can pound it in.  We've got a PG w/ a score first mentality, who gets into way too much trouble.  Our center doesn't play offense, so it is all on the 2-4 to create, which might lead to turnovers elsewhere.

jackflash

For two years this team couldn't shoot.  Coach Pel can't change this in one year. I look to see if he has them playing hard and I think so. Outside shooting is going to be poor on most nights. Teams know we have only one to fear, going to make sure he is guarded. This is the same as far as turnovers, who is going to repace WEEMS, ERVIN or WELSH with, he is trying to win with what he has. Coach Pel I believe will not put up with players who don't care. Would not surprise me, if he doesn't make a point on that this year.