Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

On a scale of 1 - 10.......just how impressed....

Started by razorhead5, December 10, 2017, 01:59:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorhead5

Do you think Chad Morris is with Arkansas?....let's face it, we bring ALOT to the table with the commitment of the stadium renovation, playing in the SEC West, resources, facilities, etc etc.....?

Hogs run wild

December 10, 2017, 02:02:12 pm #1 Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 02:44:12 pm by Hogs run wild
ok after re-reading....an 8.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

mj4president

Like his O, not super impressed with recruting so far.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

jgphillips3

I think they missed the point of your post.  I would say Morris had to be at least 8 on that scale or he wouldn't have come.

Hogtimes

December 10, 2017, 02:05:19 pm #4 Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 09:44:50 am by Hogtimes
Don't know about that, he was at Clemson. 

Snouty

December 10, 2017, 02:05:48 pm #5 Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 04:42:37 pm by Snouty
After coming from SMU, Chad Morris should be super-impressed with Arkansas.  He should give Arkansas an 11 or 12 on a scale of 1-10.

As an Arkansas fan, I'd rate him about a 5.  He has a losing record at SMU, his recruiting hasn't been all that great, and Norvell has beat him badly several times.

Peter Porker

Once again, reading comprehension is a rare attribute for hogville posters.

He has to be impressed with the facilties and the crowd at the BB game.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 10, 2017, 02:08:30 pm

No kidding.  Based on the current replies, 50% missed the point.

razorhead5

The question is on a scale of 1-10...How impressed is Chad Morris with Arkansas...facilities, rescources, fans etc etc?

PORKULATOR

I bet an 8... If the renovation was  finished a 9.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: mj4president on December 10, 2017, 02:02:25 pm
Like his O, not super impressed with recruting so far.
Quote from: Hogtimes on December 10, 2017, 02:05:19 pm
Don't know about that he was at Clemson. 
Quote from: Hogs run wild on December 10, 2017, 02:02:12 pm
a 6. he hasn't done anything yet in the SEC. like with our last coach, you can talk a big game based on where you've been, but until you do something....

As a high school teacher that deals with this type of problem on a regular basis I can say this:  The struggle is real. The question is what the question is, not what you misread it to be, or what you wanted it to be, etc.   ;)

The NewEra

Quote from: razorhead5 on December 10, 2017, 01:59:15 pm
Do you think Chad Morris is with Arkansas?....let's face it, we bring ALOT to the table with the commitment of the stadium renovation, playing in the SEC West, resources, facilities, etc etc.....?

Unbelievable how many on here can't take the time to read and internalize what they read.

As to your question, You could see in their eyes last night at the BB game they were thrilled with what they witnessed.  That's just one instance, but I think it's off to a good start with Morris and Yurachek and their families.

razorhead5

Something tells standing at mid-court of Bud Walton Arena and having 16,000 call the Hogs has raised his eyebrows.

luke hawg

LOL sad how hard reading is for some of you. I think he is probably surprised by our facilities. The academic success center, weight room, indoor practice facility, 2 outdoor practice facilities combined with the stadium is truly second to none. This is topped off by a game in jerry world every season. He is a former 11 time Texas high school coach of the year with 3 years head coaching experience in Dallas. If he can't recruit here, it probably is impossible.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: luke hawg on December 10, 2017, 02:29:23 pm
LOL sad how hard reading is for some of you. I think he is probably surprised by our facilities. The academic success center, weight room, indoor practice facility, 2 outdoor practice facilities combined with the stadium is truly second to none. This is topped off by a game in jerry world every season. He is a former 11 time Texas high school coach of the year with 3 years head coaching experience in Dallas. If he can't recruit here, it probably is impossible.
yep, we are about to get to see our ceiling in recruiting, next year.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

razorhead5

Agreed, I've heard the numbers on the D-1 football players that come out of Texas, it's give us a big boost down there. Our group skipped the southwest classic last year, we will be back in👍

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: jgphillips3 on December 10, 2017, 02:04:26 pm
I think they missed the point of your post.  I would say Morris had to be at least 8 on that scale or he wouldn't have come.

They ignored the thread topic and went straight to whimpering and whining.

On the topic, I would say a 9.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Rocky&Boarwinkle on December 10, 2017, 02:22:32 pm
As a high school teacher that deals with this type of problem on a regular basis I can say this:  The struggle is real. The question is what the question is, not what you misread it to be, or what you wanted it to be, etc.   ;)

Sad thing is these incompetents breed, vote, and drive cars.

razorhead5

He may just now be understanding how much A great fit Fayetteville is for him and his family. Definitely one of the prettier campuses in the south 🐗

hawgrunner

Quote from: razorhead5 on December 10, 2017, 02:25:46 pm
Something tells standing at mid-court of Bud Walton Arena and having 16,000 call the Hogs has raised his eyebrows.

WPS!! ;)

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 10, 2017, 02:08:30 pm

Yes some people post before reading the question.  I think it is a minimum of 10.  Arkansas has a lot more to offer than SMU.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

East Clintwood

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on December 10, 2017, 02:14:55 pm
No kidding.  Based on the current replies, 50% missed the point.

It's usually a much higher percentage than that.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Muskliketusk

He's a dadgum 10 outta 10. Easily the best hire made during all this coaching searches.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

blueridger

Science Fiction Greg

I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

shshark00

This thread is an excellent representation of the issues for most Hogville posters. Even saying "reading comprehension" doesn't mitigate the replies.

A one poster said above, if he views us as anything lower than an 8 then I'd have to question his motivation for leaving his previous job. No one leaves a comfortable spot for job that you're not very impressed with.

Hogtrillian

I'd say 9, our campus, facilities, and the NWA region in general is very underrated. Our stadium is dang nice, and it's going to look great once the NEZ is complete. He also got a very loud, very warm welcome yesterday at the basketball game, so he saw that our fanbase is one of the best. When he was at Clemson he used to live on a lake house, so I'm sure Beaver Lake will also be a nice surprise, and he may end up getting a house there if he hasn't yet.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: Rocky&Boarwinkle on December 10, 2017, 02:22:32 pm

I've learned not to read the question, unless I have to. The test will say "Pick the best answer," right? It doesn't have anything to do with the question. If you read the question, you can get yourself seriously confused.

TexHog188

"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

Swestwill66

Politicians answer the question they wish had been asked, not the actual question asked. Probably some politicians on here.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Swestwill66 on December 10, 2017, 04:10:21 pm
Politicians answer the question they wish had been asked, not the actual question asked. Probably some politicians on here.

Is it too difficult of a question for you to answer?  It shouldn't be.

HoggyCat

Quote from: Snouty on December 10, 2017, 02:05:48 pm
After coming from SMU, Chad Morris should be super-impressed with Arkansas.  He should give Arkansas an 11 or 12 on a scale of 1-10.

As an Arkansas fan, I'd rate him about a 5.  He has a losing record at SMU, his recruiting hasn't been all that great, and Norvell has beat him badly several times.

Twice. Norvell is a second year coach.....
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Hawgzinbowlz

The BB game illustrated, to CCM/Family and ADY/Family, the support Razorback Fans give to a successful program at their university.

A 9 or 10.

" GO HOGS "

InternetDrama

December 10, 2017, 07:26:21 pm #33 Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 12:32:34 am by InternetDrama
Some of these replies are a good example of why I chose my profile pic.

I'd have to say at least a 9. The Smith FOC are and Jones SASC are recent construction, once you add the NEZ that makes us, facility-wise, on par with any other program in the country. Throw in the natural beauty, general awesomness of Fayetteville, and the best darn fan base in the country, and that just might bump it up to 10.
Texas still sucks.

I bet old Chad sees Arkansas as a 10 right now.  Hes making more money than he likely ever dreamed just 10 years go.  Back then, he was worried about losing that teaching position as coach at a High School and wondering exactly how he was going to feed his family.  Well, we assisted him with that little problem.  Yep, Arkansas is a 10 for sure.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on December 10, 2017, 03:57:36 pm
I've learned not to read the question, unless I have to. The test will say "Pick the best answer," right? It doesn't have anything to do with the question. If you read the question, you can get yourself seriously confused.
You sir, get to be an honorary teenager again.  ;D

010HogFan

Quote from: Snouty on December 10, 2017, 02:05:48 pm

While that's all true, Norvell beating him proves nothing. Memphis is infinitely easier to win at than SMU, and Fuente set him up nicely for success. Expected result tbh.

PigPusher

Wow! Do believe some of you guys would belly ache if the girl of your dreams knocked on your door. Sounds like my 94 year old mother-in-law. It is absolutely impossible to please that women. Crissh she even grips because she has been allowed to reach 94. Lighten up guys we are in good hands with out new coaching situation.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

goodguytex

As to the thread topic, I'd say 9 out of 10 he has to be blown away. Long did many things not good. But 1 major thing great he did do was trying to update and upgrade our facilities to put us on equal or superior level to rest of the conference. And that is almost complete.

As Morris said in his opening team meeting, there's potential at Arkansas to build a program like Clemson. I agree with that too. We've just needed the right leadership. I hope we have it now.

Overall, athletics at Arkansas is equal or better than most in the SEC. Just gotta get women's bball and football there. Maybe one or 2 others.

Augustus

Quote from: Muskliketusk on December 10, 2017, 03:24:47 pm
He's a dadgum 10 outta 10. Easily the best hire made during all this coaching searches.

LMAO