Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Minnesota

Started by Bacon_Bitz, December 05, 2017, 09:37:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bacon_Bitz

Minnesota is having their own letdown game with their first true road test tonight at Nebraska. We will need to hope for a hangover rather than a bounce back game from them

ShadowHawg

niels_boar

Their offense seems to be on a downward trend, partly due to increasing competition.  They are having trouble scoring tonight.  Nebraska like Houston plays at a snail's pace.  That's always tough on the road for an uptempo team.  They will probably like our pace.

Murphy is the type of all-court combo forward that moidered us in the UNC and Houston games.  He's a problem, and they have good talent around him.  We'll see how much we have learned in a week.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

TheRazorback500

We need to pack. the. Bud. We owe them.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Why did the Big 10 start conference games the first week of December?

Wisco Pig

Quote from: Karma on December 05, 2017, 10:21:44 pm
Why did the Big 10 start conference games the first week of December?

One of the reasons the Big 10 expanded east was to get into the New York market.  The Big 10 is playing its conference tournament this season at Madison Square Garden, but so is the Big East, as always.  To avoid a scheduling conflict, the Big 10 had to shoe-horn a week's worth of games into early December and schedule its tournament a week early.

As a result, Big 10 teams will have a fairly long break before beginning play in the NCAA tournament.  It will be interesting to see how the time off affects their performance.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on December 05, 2017, 10:16:01 pm
We need to pack. the. Bud. We owe them.

We. Need. To. Not. Play. Soft.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

HognitiveDissonance

Albeit a very slow start, tonight's game was a good tuneup for Saturday's big game.
As discussed in other threads, the Hogs have a re-occurring problem with getting off to slow starts. Maybe it it's all about the personnel, I don't know.
But otherwise, a strong finish and good game.

For Minnesota, I've already said we win both games this week. Sticking to that. We're always tough at home, but you can't tell me these guys won't remember what happened up there last year. I have to believe we will be fired up to play. I just don't see us losing this game. They are ranked #12, so a good feather in cap to get this win. I wouldn't go far as to say we need it, but it will serve us very well later, and I think we'll get it.

Razorod

I agree HD.

Got to get the line-up and rotations down and hopefully get to a ten player rotation that Anderson feels comfortable utilizing. If he can be comfortable subbing out each position so that no one gets gassed, then we can be something pretty good.

Hopefully Day-Day keeps coming on. That would give CMA five bigs to rotate and five guard/wings/small forward types. Legs would be there in the six-eight minutes of the game when Anderson likes to make that final push.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

poloprince

We to stomp on them while they are down. WPS
$PoLoPrInCe$

Quote from: Wisco Pig on December 05, 2017, 11:25:39 pm
One of the reasons the Big 10 expanded east was to get into the New York market.  The Big 10 is playing its conference tournament this season at Madison Square Garden, but so is the Big East, as always.  To avoid a scheduling conflict, the Big 10 had to shoe-horn a week's worth of games into early December and schedule its tournament a week early.

As a result, Big 10 teams will have a fairly long break before beginning play in the NCAA tournament.  It will be interesting to see how the time off affects their performance.

Interesting.  Thanks for the info.

swinesation

It's gonna be a major challenge. They have a couple of horses who are the type we've had a hard time with thus far this year. Gafford will be key if he can stay out of foul trouble.

Lynch, 6-10, 260, 8.6 rpg, 11.6 ppg
Murphy, 6-8, 240, 12.8 rpg, 19.9 ppg

Gafford, 6-11, 234, 5.7 rpg, 11.7 ppg
Thomas, 6-8, 225, 5.8 rpg, 5.8 ppg

Gafford is the only guy we have who can go toe-to-toe with those two, who are on the court at the same time.

Will the Bud have a sell out crowd? That would make a difference. The game time is perfect for people to make it from central Arkansas.

Pistol Pig Maravich

This game on SEC network Sat at 5:45?   My Directv guides says it is Missouri and some other team not Hogs-MN?

HamIAm

The SEC Network site says #14 Minnesota vs Arkansas - 6:45 Eastern Time --  5:45 local

Green Bay vs Missouri is at 9 pm eastern time.

http://www.secsports.com/tv-schedule/_/date/20171209

Wisco Pig

Minnesota has one of the better starting fives we'll see all year, but those starters play a lot of minutes because the Gophers are not deep.  Back in August they lost Eric Curry for the season with a torn ACL and MCL, and Dupree McBrayer is apparently still not 100% after a recent leg injury/infection.

Razorod

Strategy will need to be to wear them down. Game should be tight the first 30+ minutes, hopefully their lack of depth will come into play during the final stretch.

I think we take it by 8-10 points with the margin coming at the end.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

TX HOG

Think tickets will be available outside BWA?

Pistol Pig Maravich

Quote from: HamIAm on December 06, 2017, 10:34:25 am
The SEC Network site says #14 Minnesota vs Arkansas - 6:45 Eastern Time --  5:45 local

Green Bay vs Missouri is at 9 pm eastern time.

http://www.secsports.com/tv-schedule/_/date/20171209
Thanks Ham....guess I should have checked there. Was a little peeved that game would get trumped by Missouri versus Bugtussle Tech

niels_boar

Quote from: swinesation on December 06, 2017, 09:08:46 am
It's gonna be a major challenge. They have a couple of horses who are the type we've had a hard time with thus far this year. Gafford will be key if he can stay out of foul trouble.

Lynch, 6-10, 260, 8.6 rpg, 11.6 ppg
Murphy, 6-8, 240, 12.8 rpg, 19.9 ppg

Gafford, 6-11, 234, 5.7 rpg, 11.7 ppg
Thomas, 6-8, 225, 5.8 rpg, 5.8 ppg

Gafford is the only guy we have who can go toe-to-toe with those two, who are on the court at the same time.

Will the Bud have a sell out crowd? That would make a difference. The game time is perfect for people to make it from central Arkansas.

Trey's mass may come in handy against Lynch.  Trey was more effective in SEC play last year than in nonconference, mainly because SEC teams tend to have a true big in the lane rather than a combo-forward at center.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: TX HOG on December 06, 2017, 02:39:18 pm
There are ALWAYS tickets available outside.
Here is the benchmark game: Feb 1995, Super Bowl Sunday Arkansas vs Kentucky
Biggest game ever.
Walking in the arena that day, there were numerous people selling tickets. This the gold standard game I use for 'ticket availability'.

So compare that to this day and age when there is maybe 30% of the demand for Hog bball tickets, you should never have any trouble walking up and getting in. I wouldn't think twice about driving five hours, even, and worrying about getting in.

WorfHog

There will be, but I'd probably expect to pay above face value.

TX HOG

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on December 06, 2017, 05:35:54 pm
There are ALWAYS tickets available outside.
Here is the benchmark game: Feb 1995, Super Bowl Sunday Arkansas vs Kentucky
Biggest game ever.
Walking in the arena that day, there were numerous people selling tickets. This the gold standard game I use for 'ticket availability'.

So compare that to this day and age when there is maybe 30% of the demand for Hog bball tickets, you should never have any trouble walking up and getting in. I wouldn't think twice about driving five hours, even, and worrying about getting in.

Cool. Thanks. I live in Bentonville now so 30 mins. Haha

Hog_Swanson

Not many left.

https://ev12.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3AIBM%3AB17%3A07%3A&linkID=arkansas&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=&cgc=
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on December 07, 2017, 12:28:59 pm
Not many left.

https://ev12.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3AIBM%3AB17%3A07%3A&linkID=arkansas&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=&cgc=
I believe if you order them online, they will send them to your phone.  At least then, you can get them at face value.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

Rocket23

Going to see the jelly ROLL!

HamIAm

I see they have group rates for groups of 10 or more. Anyone know how much of a discount you get on group tickets?